It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friday 13th February 2009

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Not trying to suggest that anything is due to happen on this date but it will be interest to see if anyone has anything to say about it.

Being the 13th day of the month and it's a Friday should be enough to get people going on the matter.

Interestingly enough tho from my point of view someone mentioned that the 2012 date may be out of sync with regards to our georgian calender by about -3/-4 years thus if thats the case then we should be in the year of prophecy and what better date to start the calamaty than friday 13th...

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Friday 13th February 2009 is Robbie Williams' birthday...

Part from that. I don't believe anything special will happen on that day. Regarding "2012", it's not a date where one event will happen. Planet X will not collide with the Earth. "2012" will be a series of events (earthquakes, etc.), caused by the nearby passing of the "planet of the crossing".

My 2 cents

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by phushion

I predict that Jason Voorhees will once again terrorize Camp Crystal Lake starting on Friday the 13th!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I also predict that 2 young college kids experimenting with sex will meet their death by machete!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by phushion

I predict that a movie corresponding to the date will release....
I don't understand what you are trying to say with this thread? Did you just pick a random date or do you have some reason for thinking that something special will happen? Why not the 12th? or the 11th?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Or how about Friday March 13th 2009? Indeed, the 13th falls on a Friday next month as well.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

As i stated at first im not trying to make any suggestion here i just wanted to see what peoples thoughts were with regards to the date and also what theories, and ideas might arise especially as friday the 13th its self has a reasonable amount of stigma attached to it.

Regarding choosing this months date, i had just realised now that it was going to be the 13th and a little spark of desire wanted to know whats going on in other peoples minds regarding the date.

As for 2012 i agree that it wont be one major event and perhaps not even one small event that we will notice but somethings going to happen, look it at like the "others" from lost, you know there out there somewhere...

Falls in november too

[edit on 10/2/2009 by phushion]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

Part from that. I don't believe anything special will happen on that day. Regarding "2012", it's not a date where one event will happen. Planet X will not collide with the Earth. "2012" will be a series of events (earthquakes, etc.), caused by the nearby passing of the "planet of the crossing".

My 2 cents

Might I suggest you take up some basic astronomy classes? Do you realize that distances we are talking about here? Not to mention the speeds.

If this were even remotely possible for this planet of crossing, it would already have to be in the area of Saturn/Jupiter for it to be here in such a time. It would already be causing effects and it's existence couldn't be denied.

It takes Jupiter 12 years to go around the sun. That means it would take about 3 or 4 years just to go from Jupiter to the sun at it's speed.

The further away from the sun, the slower the planet moves as well.

I can't believe people are actually still talking about this planet X thing as even remotely possible.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia

It would already be causing effects and it's existence couldn't be denied.

Global warming... cough...cough... There's "global warming" on the other planets as well, and not just the Earth. I seriously doubt that we can cause global warming on Mars. So what causes it? There's also an increase of earthquakes and volcanic activity. It is already causing effects...

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

The lack of sunspot activity and solar storms, which cause the magnetic fields around the planets to become stronger, thus reducing the amount of solar radiation that hits the planet, is what is causing the warming of the planets, according NASA.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

...The lack of sunspot activity and solar storms, which cause the magnetic fields around the planets to become stronger, thus reducing the amount of solar radiation that hits the planet, is what is causing the warming of the planets, according NASA.

I aint no expert, and not having a go at you here but according to nasa seems to me to be a bit backwards for global warming, surely?

[edit on 10/2/2009 by phushion]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Personally while the superstitious people are worry and having bad luck on Friday 13, I seem to have good luck that day. It’s all in what you make of it. You keep looking for the negative and the negative finds yo0u. Keep your head up and think positive and Friday 13 may be a good day.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
My Twins birthday a very special and lucky day.
All will be fine.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

Thank You.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
The 13th is supposed to fall on a Friday more than any other day of the week.
....or so I've heard.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

What a bummer eh having your Birthday on Friday 13th!

Tomorrow will be just an ordinary day for me,I'm not supersticious...Now when I come back here tomorrow (13th) you wait I'll be wishing I'd stayed at home

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Just saw that advertised today when going past the cinema earlier. Will most likely go and see it aswell.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Don't the freemasons have something to do with Friday the 13th? anyone know anymore about this?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
news.nationalgeographic.com...

It's been estimated that [U.S] $800 or $900 million is lost in business on this day because people will not fly or do business they would normally do," said Donald Dossey, founder of the Stress Management Center and Phobia Institute in Asheville, North Carolina

Oh dear, not good for the economy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join