It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Bush Fire Jihad*

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

And like he's the first to think of it. Nice.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MR1159

Yes and the Salmonella recently found in US peanut butter could be terrorists, So could just about ANY bad event that happens. But it would be silly to point a finger of blame in random directions without any reason other than paranoia or hatred.

One also has to consider the profiles of past terrorists attacks. Thus far they have all been specifically targeted to either kill mass numbers of civilians, or to destroy specific targets with political unrest as the ultimate goal. A brush fire is out of context for Terrorist attacks and does not meet the profile. As I stated earlier, there is no guarantee that a brush fire will grow big enough to do massive damage, nor do brush fires generally create political unrest. Terrorist could have started a fire, but it could have been put out quickly, or not done much damage at all. A bomb on the other hand has proven dramatic results. Bombs are easy to make and there is no doubt when they go off that it was not a natural event.

The only reason anyone is talking about Muslim terrorists is due to irresponsible hate mongers who happen to have air time in Australia. Lack of evidence indicates that we should not jump to wild conclusions.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MR1159

The only terrorists here are those who are saying this is global warmings fault.
We have always had nutters who deliberately start fires during dry times.

If you see a lightning strike stats the next bushfire, they will probably try and blame Allah rather than the Christian god

How on Earth do you arrive at that conclusion? How the *flip* do you know that terrorists wouldn't do something like this? Done any research? Are you hiding a vested interest here? How are you so sure of your position?

I am starting to get tired of the flippancy given to the underground jihadist movement. Whatever happened to critical thinking? This could be a possibility.

I base it on the fact that we have fire lit by idiots going back well before the Taliban was funded by the CIA.

Why on earth would a terrorist group light a fire in the Australian bush?
is there a vendetta against kangaroos or koalas that we havn't been told about?
Are possums somehow working against the Australian people, or maybe we had the Yowie trying to make his mark and taking orders from Osama.

Please give me a break and stop trying to put everything in the jihad basket,
I think that they even had a name for people who lit fires before terrorism, arsonist

[edit on 11-2-2009 by munkey66]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Ask for an Expert opinion and ye shall receive:

"Adam Dolnik, director of research at the University of Wollongong's Centre for Transnational Crime Prevention, said that bushfires (unlike suicide bombing) were generally not considered a glorious type of attack by jihadis and starting bushfires was still often regarded as less effective than other operations because governments could easily deny terrorism as the cause."

It is possible that terrorists were involved, but no one has made glorious claims about attacking the Evil Austrailian Bush.
California has had some very serious bush fires that have caused millions of dollars in damage. Some were arson, one was even started by a crazy fireman who liked fire a little bit too much, but none were Jihadist events.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66

Why on earth would a terrorist group light a fire in the Australian bush?
is there a vendetta against kangaroos or koalas that we havn't been told about?
Are possums somehow working against the Australian people, or maybe we had the Yowie trying to make his mark and taking orders from Osama.

That's a stupid thing to say. Kangaroos? Possums? Bloody Yowies? C'mon mate, pull your bloody head in and take a look at the real issue here:

A little research and you might see that over 170 people are dead now.

It doesn't matter if it doesn't meet a specific 'profile'. Profile is just a nice word that can be used to make these so called 'experts' comfortable with their work.

Australians in the eyes of terrorists have as much to swallow as ANY allied country. We are 'kaffirs' and 'infidels' to them, don't EVER forget that!

They don't need to claim responsibilty for it, that's 'profiling' again...a sick and twisted assumption that the word somehow controls their actions...

Plenty of people are killed, families are torn apart, whole communities are destroyed and MILLIONS of dollars are going to be spent by ALL sorts of socio-economic organizations AS WELL as the government.

If I was a terrorist and I did this, I'd be pretty proud of myself...

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Unrealised

That still doesn't change the fact that it is mere speculation that Jihadists were involved. No evidence. No one calling to claim they did it for a cause. Just random speculation. It is just as valid at this point, to speculate that a UFO caused the fires, or that the government did it.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
2GB would say that... Ugh, something else to make cardigan-clad Joe Blow be more sus about immigrants I suppose.

This is an incredibly dangerous and scare mongering article by The Age... Firstly, it's a stupid lowbrow sort of attack.

Unlike the London bombings or 9/11, where there was maximum impact inside major cities, this would just be some guys out in the bush lighting some stupid random fires.

Just step back and think - 46 degree heat, power lines and transformers exploding, an incredible build-up of fuel in the bush because there's been little hazard reduction in recent years, that sets a precedent for many spontaneous ignition points.

However, look what this nut has said:

Pastor's abortion dream inflames bushfire tragedy

The Catch the Fire Ministries has tried to blame the bushfires disaster on laws decriminalising abortion in Victoria.

The Pentecostal church's leader, Pastor Danny Nalliah, claimed he had a dream about raging fires on October 21 last year and that he woke with "a flash from the Spirit of God: that His conditional protection has been removed from the nation of Australia, in particular Victoria, for approving the slaughter of innocent children in the womb".

www.smh.com.au...

So, God did it? Why aren't these fools jumping up and down about God or this creepy pastor?

People have agendas, and a big disaster such as this one lets everyone dream up their own conspiracy.

No doubt a portion of the fires were deliberately lit, but it's more than likely it was a bunch of mentally deficient specimens.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Well, GOD can be an angry man...

I hope they catch the mongrels who did this, terrorist or not...

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MR1159

Well I am very sorry that you found my post sarcastic, it was more of an attempt to illistrate the absurdatity of trying to blame a certain faction of the community and label everything a terrorist act.

I find the idea of deliberately lighting fires at the wrong time totally inexcusable, but we have had people lighting fires like this for years and years, well before our involvement in the middle east.
I also think it strange that someone posts that they think of us as infadels in our own country.
I always believed infadels where invading forces on muslim holy land.

What we have to stop doing is looking at Muslims and people of middle eastern appearences as terrorists, it is these sly remarks about terrorist links to things such as bushires does nothing but cause a divide between all people of the world, not just here in Australia.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MR1159

There was nothing sarcastic about my post. Any talk about jihadist involvement at this point without any evidence, is simply nothing more than speculation. People speculate about all sorts of things, particularly here on ATS. It is just as valid to speculate that the government, aliens, or the illuminati are behind the bush fires.

An expert on international terrorism stated that it is unlikely juhadists were involved. When someone shows me factual hard evidence, then I will make an informed opinion. Prior to that I may as well roll the crazy dice and blame it on Moon dwelling Nazis, as that is equally valid speculation.
Nazis on the Moon soon to invade Earth

Speculation. –noun
1. the contemplation or consideration of some subject: to engage in speculation on humanity's ultimate destiny.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MR1159

and I find it even more interesting that only a few would even imply terrorist involvement in a bushfire in the middle of a drought.

someone trying to perpetuate the terrorist mantra even though we have had no terrorist attacks on Australian soil.

I think there's something in that for everybody.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Revelation 8:7, the burning of one third of Earth has begun. Neutrinos from exploding stars cause spontaneous combustion. California got hit last fall. Drought dries out the vegetation and then come the neutrinos to set everything on fire.

More importantly, the first trumpet and the fourth trumpet are sounding today February 11, 2009. I am the man of wisdom right out of the book of Revelation. This is the time of rolling 911. So many emergencies that all the resources of the entire world shall be exhausted. People rolling to emergencies are going to be diverted to emergencies called in while they are rolling. Entire countries can go away.

I alerted the US navy to the sinking of one of their great warships. Maybe that disaster shall be avoided. Neutrinos from exploding stars cause spontaneous fission decay of all nuclear materials. Increase the number of neutrinos by a trillion and the SF halflife goes down by a factor of a trillion. A halflife that goes from 10^12 years to minutes means big trouble. Nuclear reactors that are in use are protected because above the Curie temperature the paramagnetic properties of nuclear materials is zero. Nuclei that don't align to the incoming neutrinos don't react. Fuel rods in storage, shut down nuclear reactors, nuclear waste, poorly designed nuclear weapons, and uranium mines are not protected and can explode. The neutrino pulse from a supernova is only 20 seconds duration and several hours duration from a hypernova. Bullets can be dodged if you know how.

Within this next few weeks great supernova blast waves shall begin falling in the ocean and on land. Tunguska is the only supernova blast wave with eye witness accounts and scientific tests. So I developed a formula for supernova blast wave magnitude with the units of Tunguska. So sorry Canada you draw an Apocalypse death card with the Llodyminster Alberta, Canada supernova blast wave rated above 14 Tunguska. Expect a great smoking nuclear blast hole at Llodyminster and a super volcano there for the rest of time. Alaska gets one that cuts the pipeline in two soon. North Carolina may get one in the next few days that sinks a US navy ship. 30 or more very damaging supernova blast waves are coming. Thousands less damaging. The entire galaxy is exploding. I count at least 30 type IV and type V stars in orbit of potential hypernova stars within 200 light years. Hypernova of stars within 100 light years are occurring already. What do you think is causing the Sun to turn off and all that strange weather lately?

The US government is holding off the supernova of our Sun under my direction and that has been going on since the fall of 1999. The 1260 end days clock has started. The Sun is bigger than ususal and is a neon color and the clouds are very rubidium red at sunset. Beast worms is rubidium. Fluorine placed in the photosphere makes neon.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MR1159

I guess you didn't look at the thread title before you posted because it clearly says "Jihad" and that is why I keep referencing jihadists when people speculate that terrorists might be involved.

Perhaps you should pay more attention to the thread. Any speculation that jihadists are involved is lacking in any evidence. That is my point. Speculate all you want, but until there is evidence it is meaningless.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Listen; there is no problem with speculating. That is the raison detre of this site. The pair of you seem to not understand that point.

Turtle, you still seem unable to understand the difference between the words "terrorist", "jihadist" and "muslim". You two are the only posters who began using the "M" word!

You two are still the ones running around with your hands in the air squealing "hate speech", "racist", while the op merely speculated about terrorists. That is the poster's prerogative, so don't try to quash it.

[Edited, because I obviously can't post what I really think...]

[edit on 11/2/2009 by MR1159]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The state of Victoria burns like this every 10-20 years and due to the extreme weather conditions the result this time around was catastropic. Ash Wednesday in 1983 was almost as harsh.

The police believe arsonists were involved. It is a problem n Australia.
It is very unlikely the arsonists were islamic terrorists. Arsonists suffer from a psycological disorder.

Culprits are often caught, who knows how?

In these recent fires they will be hung out to dry, or burn I should say, by the law.
It would be incredible is a culprit was a muslim. These areas affected the most were rural comminities close to Melbourne, and places with low populations with very few muslims.

Any fire fighter would be able to see the potential devastation that could be caused by lighting a fire in the right place. When it's that hot and dry, and the winds pick up, any fire will spread rapidly.

Apparently amongst fire fighters is the most likely place police start looking.

So no terrorist attack. Although as we can see it is a brutally efficient and destructive weapon.

Very sad. My thoughts are with all those affected.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
OK Moderator,

So, it's fine to post sarcastic comments about a natural disaster. I see that they are left in the thread.

My admonitions responding to those comments are removed. Why? I have read the terms and conditions and disagree that my posts were out of line. No abusive comments or vulgar language was used.

Careful we don't end up with a forum of nancies resorting to innuendo and sarcasm to tap-dance around issues.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by serpentine

I agree with you. Most likely no terrorists involved.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR1159
Listen; there is no problem with speculating. That is the raison detre of this site. The pair of you seem to not understand that point.

So are we saying that only few are allowed to speculate?

Why can't I speculate that this was a vendetta against cute and cuddley bush animals?
someone who was swooped by a magpie getting revenge.

It is all to easy to jump to conclusions with little or no evedence because that is the way people are swaying at the time.
People in general go with the flow and will regurgitate anything they hear on the local news.

Remember back to the Azaria Chamberlain case where every man and his dog had a theory and most involved the religion of the parents and suggested that the baby was a sacrifice.
Absolutely no evidence, but that was never to get in the way of selling a few more news papers. all of a sudden we had religious experts around every water cooler.

Same as the bushfires in Victoria and New south Wales, we know have terrorist experts around the water cooler because that is the most logical answer now isn't it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join