It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Bush Fire Jihad*

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Terrorists to blame for the Australian Bush-fires?

This is something I heard on Australian radio station 2GB 873 AM.

It's a pretty scary proposition if you ask me, and highly plausible.

The link explains more.

www.theage.com.au...

Thanks.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by Unrealised]

Mod Edit: All Caps Title

[edit on 11-2-2009 by MemoryShock]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Unrealised

Yeah, I heard that earlier, but I don't believe it, False Flag.

they have to blame the Jihad for everything that happens!

Perfect for another war start up....

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

It is always good to have someone to blame things on, but I don't know.

It's a bad thing to under-estimate a potential threat.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Yeah, I guess it's possible. Didn't Australia have a lot of racial tensions recently? I remember reading something about that. Bunch of morons running around beating people up and stuff. Could this fire possibly be retaliation for that?

I guess I just don't really trust what U.S. "intelligence" has to say anymore because we all know they've been bang on in the past.

It seems to me that it's just another excuse to blame "Al Quaeda", and to get all the people in the western nations to start crapping their pants again so our governments can start taking away more of our freedoms in order to "protect us".

I feel bad though for our Aussie friends.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kommunist

The funny thing is Australia has received offers of help from almost every allied nation EXCEPT America.

Hurts.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I'm surprised this is just coming up since it crossed my mind years ago.

Instead of hijacking planes or building dirty bombs the jihadist could send a few folks to California during the Santa Anna winds and burn the whole damn state to the ground. The economic devastation would be far worse than a nuke in New York. "As California goes, so goes the rest of the country" is a pretty valid statement.

Eco terrorism is cheaper, deadlier and far more likely to succeed than any other plans they might concoct.

I just hope they haven't realized that.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

Eco terrorism is cheaper, deadlier and far more likely to succeed than any other plans they might concoct.

Excellent point.

Eco-Terrorism is cheap, effective and rarely leaves ANY incriminating evidence.

It's like poisoning the well in the old days...

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised
reply to post by kommunist

The funny thing is Australia has received offers of help from almost every allied nation EXCEPT America.

Hurts.

Odd, a friend of mine works for fairfax Urban Search and Rescue, and she said they are waiting to see if Australia asks them for help.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

That's not quite true:

See news article below

www.news.com.au...

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I'll try to stay on topic here.

Sorry for my ignorance in regards to the help of our American friends.

Um.....ok.

So obviously this can easily be done to hurt us. These fires can be started with a match and reign pain on thousands.

In australia they are now talking about imposing LIFE sentences to anybody caught lighting fires that cause death....I mean if it was on purpose then it is Murder.

Kevin Rudd is kinda mad about this tragedy.

Radio listeners are going bananas, and with good reason.

Could we really be looking at a terror attack here? Mind you, nobody has come forward in the form of a video or anything to claim responsibility so....i don't know.

Technically terrorism is an attack against the establishment and population, usually under some kind of political or religious blanket..

Fear is a great weapon..

[edit on 10-2-2009 by Unrealised]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by heffo7

That's not quite true:

See news article below

www.news.com.au...

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I don't by this being an act of terrorism by Islamic Jihadists. If it is terrorism, it maybe of the homegrown variety. Even if the perpertrators of these acts didn't mean for it to turn into one of the worst disasters that Australia has ever seen. Even though it could have been caused by us humans. We do need to think about the factors that nature could play as to causing these fires. Severe heat, a built up layer of dry and heavy vegetation, and maybe a dry lightning strike here and there. Then you have the makings of a firestorm.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
I don't by this being an act of terrorism by Islamic Jihadists. If it is terrorism, it maybe of the homegrown variety. Even if the perpertrators of these acts didn't mean for it to turn into one of the worst disasters that Australia has ever seen. Even though it could have been caused by us humans. We do need to think about the factors that nature could play as to causing these fires. Severe heat, a built up layer of dry and heavy vegetation, and maybe a dry lightning strike here and there. Then you have the makings of a firestorm.

Yes I know that nature has a big play, but the news reports said that Lightning had no role in the sparking of these fires.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised
reply to post by questioningall

It is always good to have someone to blame things on, but I don't know.

It's a bad thing to under-estimate a potential threat.

The only terrorists here are those who are saying this is global warmings fault.
We have always had nutters who deliberately start fires during dry times.

If you see a lightning strike stats the next bushfire, they will probably try and blame Allah rather than the Christian god

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Thus far there is NO PROOF nor evidence that Muslim terrorists are involved, There are hate mongers with a record of blaming everything on Muslims who have been beating the airwaves with allegations, but it is just that, hate mongering.

False flag? Possibly. Israel has a track record of clandestinely starting trouble and putting the blame on Muslims. There isn't enough information yet to determine much. I don't think it was Muslim terrorists in any case. Terrorists attack important targets like landmark buildings and transportation systems. Fires are not their style. A brush fire has no guarantee of doing massive damage and causing political unrest which is the terrorists goal. It is far more likely that a terrorist would have attacked the famous Sidney Opera house.

While It may be arson, I'd put it down more to a home grown group of idiots than any outside terrorists. Remember, they pointed the finger of blame at Muslims for the Oklahoma bombing, and it turned out to be an American psycho.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

The only terrorists here are those who are saying this is global warmings fault.
We have always had nutters who deliberately start fires during dry times.

If you see a lightning strike stats the next bushfire, they will probably try and blame Allah rather than the Christian god

How on Earth do you arrive at that conclusion? How the *flip* do you know that terrorists wouldn't do something like this? Done any research? Are you hiding a vested interest here? How are you so sure of your position?

I am starting to get tired of the flippancy given to the underground jihadist movement. Whatever happened to critical thinking? This could be a possibility.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Well it didn't take long for the Jews to be blamed for this. Them and President Bush take the blame for all the world's problems.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

Raise the possibility of terrorism, and you become a hate-mongerer? How does that compute?

A brush fire has no guarantee of doing massive damage and causing political unrest which is the terrorists goal.

Oh, that's rich. On the back of a decade long drought, we have a day of ultra-low humidity, record temperatures (47 degrees) and wind speeds from the north of 100 km/hr (over 60 mile an hour), you don't think that lighting a fire to the north of townships in these conditions bears a high probability of success? Think about it!

To dismiss the notion of terrorism so flippantly is ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I am starting to get tired of the flippancy given to the underground jihadist movement. Whatever happened to critical thinking? This could be a possibility.

That's pretty much me feelings on ANY issue these days.

Even though fear mongering may have played a part in developing suspicion amongst the masses, terrorism is out in the open now, AND YET WE STILL VIEW IT AS IF IT COULDN'T HAPPEN ON ALL BATTLE FRONTS!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Good one!
Lets let that idea out on the web nice

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join