It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arab Woman Schools TV Hosts on Al Jazeera

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Founding
reply to post by audas

Iran has the most educated women? Whats next Iran has the oldest democracy

I don't think they have the "best" in the world, but they are pretty educated, I read somewhere that they outnumber men 60% women 40% men in universities and it's a rising number, it's also strong social value for women to have good education.

You might learn something from this documentry in my thread,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 12-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Well argumented althow i do not want to enter into the discution of what entitles some people to do things and what gives them rights over others. i belive that there are people who can judge for themselves everywhere and this may be the beauty of humanity...

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Total Reality

Originally posted by karl 12
reply to post by Total Reality

"Brother you can beleive in stones just as long as you don't throw them at me" -Classic stuff

That was one of my favorite things that she said. Very insightful.

Yes, she makes some very valid points about certain religious extremists being seemingly obsessed with what other people think - the predictable cult mindset of
'demonizing human beings who do not agree with indoctrinated opinion' appears to be a popular one.

Abrahamic lore does contain some quite disturbing quotes/instructions
regarding people who do not mindlessly accept or conform to dogma:

The abrahamic guide of how to regard inferior non beleivers:

Don't question anything Muhammed says or choose disbelief over faith. 2:108

Kill disbelievers wherever you find them. If they attack you, then kil them. Such is the reward of disbelievers. (But if they desist in their unbelief, then don't kill them.) 2:191-2

Fight them until "religion is for Allah." 2:193

Those who fail in their duty to Allah are proud and sinful. They will all go to hell. 2:206

War is ordained by Allah, and all Muslims must be willing to fight, whether they like it or not

"Give us victory over the disbelieving folk." 2:286

Allah will punish disbelievers in this world and the next. They will have no helpers. 3:56

Muslims are the best people. Most Non-muslims are "evil-livers." 3:110

Give us victory over the disbelieving folk. 3:147

Do not obey disbelievers. 3:149

Christians and Jews must believe what Allah has revealed to Muhammad or Allah will disfigure their faces or turn them into apes, as he did the Sabbath-breakers. (See 2:65-66) 4:47

Have no unbelieving friends. Kill the unbelievers wherever you find them. 4:89

The disbelievers are an open enemy to you. 4:101

Those who believe, then disbelieve, then believe and disbelieve again will never be forgiven by Allah. 4:137

Allah will not allow disbelievers to succeed against believers. 4:141

You must believe everything Allah and his messengers tell you. Those who don't are disbelievers and will face a painful doom. 4:150-151

Allah has cursed the Jews and hardened their hearts. Nearly all of them are treacherous. 5:12-13

Christians are disbelievers for believing in the divinity of Christ. 5:17

Those who make war with Allah and his messenger will be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off, or will be expelled out of the land. That is how they will be treated in this world, and in the next they will have an awful doom. 5:33

Don't take Jews or Christians for friends. If you do, then Allah will consider you to be one of them. 5:51

Fight for Allah with your wealth and whatever weapons are available to you. 9:41

Those who refuse to fight for Allah (claiming they are unable) are liars who have destroyed their souls. 9:42

Many more here:
skepticsannotatedbible.com...

The bible also contains some truly sociopathic quotes including instructions to 'stone non beleivers to death'
www.belowtopsecret.com...

Perhaps these quotes/instructions are why religious extremists (of all flavours) suffer the unhinged,bigoted delusion that they are somehow 'superior' to other human beings.
Maybe the religious extremist obsession with wanting to make everyone else 'subservient to their own opinions' has more to do with small minded insecurity than anything else.
Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

i am secular, but i do not deny what i do not know, why must a person subscribe to a system of beliefs in order to live their life?, you come across to me as a very learned person, for that i salute you, but you need to open your eyes towards what life can be and to truly understand the philosophy of the mind of mankind and what it can become, not what a text book or teacher will tell you, but from what you can see with your heart and mind.

i am not an atheist, within the bible and the quran, it refers to "god" in the plural, hence why i write gods, i am not interested in humanitys translation of why, i have my own mind. i have had an experience which some may say would be "religious", but, when i see lights in the sky i know that they are stars.

it is not my wish to engage in discourse with you, however, you seem to view yourself as a very qualified person, to the point where others opinions are all wrong because you can speak afew languages and read many subjects, why dont you spend an hour or two exploring in your own mind the meaning of seculism rather than quoting from a source.

i would like to congratulate you on your eloquence, but try to adopt free thinking rather than dogmas

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Total Reality

Great post

A sensible secular human being who is not superstitious, what a great woman

"We've never seen a Jew blow up a German restaurant" I think that'll stick in my mind for some time.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

"We've never seen a Jew blow up a German restaurant" I think that'll stick in my mind for some time.

I didn't watch the video but this argument above is totally wrong.
Blowing up, bombing, even suicide bombing is about recognition. Jews were always recognized, maybe even over-recognized (as chosen). But the brutality of some islamic people comes from being felt neglected, humiliated etc...Some Western authorities and people should change their way of thinking which is structured by their colonial ideas.
The so called "islamic terrorists" know that all world will not be Islam. Their is a kind of protest of the worlds domination by the capitalist-colonial-hegemonial powers. This way of protesting is sure wrong, but you have to understand that it is not Islam, what is really at stake here.

[edit on 12-2-2009 by deccal]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by deccal

Perhaps you should actually watch the video before commenting upon my remark then you may or may not understand why I said what I did.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

reply to post by deccal

Perhaps you should actually watch the video before commenting upon my remark then you may or may not understand why I said what I did.

I watched the video..Wow...horrible...she is pathetic.
I am writing her a recipe and to all who thinks she speaks clever:
Read Edwar Said's Book called "Orientalism"

[edit on 13-2-2009 by deccal]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by deccal

reply to post by deccal

I watched the video..Wow...horrible...she is pathetic.
I am writing her a recipe and to all who thinks she speaks clever:
Read Edwar Said's Book called "Orientalism"

[edit on 13-2-2009 by deccal]

Thanks for mentioning Edward Said, I didn't know about him, been reading up, he's got a lot of good opinions.

A quote I found from him.

"So far as the United States seems to be concerned, it is only a slight overstatement to say that Moslems and Arabs are essentially seen as either oil suppliers or potential terrorists. Very little of the detail, the human density, the passion of Arab-Moslem life has entered the awareness of even those people whose profession it is to report the Arab world. What we have instead is a series of crude, essentialized caricatures of the Islamic world presented in such a way as to make that world vulnerable to military aggression."

I love that quote, because as you can see, I post videos like the ones in the previous page, to help give a more balanced, human, view of the arab/muslim world.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join