It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arab Woman Schools TV Hosts on Al Jazeera

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I definitely don't agree with everything that she's saying, but she has some really great points and owns these news guys. Also, I noticed that we would never see something like this happen on our news stations. They wouldn't even let her on probably if they knew she believed these things. Most Americans believe that Arabs hate western civilization mostly because that's how the media portrays them. It just shows you how sheltered we are by the media.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Total Reality

A very wise and courageous lady -I don't think many religious extremists (or their sympathisers) can argue with that kind of irrefutable logic.

"Brother you can beleive in stones just as long as you don't throw them at me" -Classic stuff

I saw this interview on Youtube a while ago but it was removed almost immediatley -lets hope it stays up for a while this time.

Great post SF

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Wow, this woman is truly inspirational!

She is articulate, well spoken and very intelligent with an argument based on logic and facts. The Imam in the other studio was raging with anger but she had him flat footed. Without anything intelligent to say all he could do was degrade her – a sure sign of low intelligence. Hahahahaha…1 nil to her methinks.

Great find!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Wow, amazing, she got there something many MAN in middle east only wish they could have...

Definitely my HERO of the day, wow

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
one of the best posts ever!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I enjoyed the video quite a bit. I wish more people used logic when having discussions instead of immediately turning it into a name calling match. I just hope she didn't end up on some hit list of an extremist (of any faith). She didn't give that buffoon the time of day when he was verbally attacking her. I hope viewers realized the difference between the two, one making logical sense while the other threw insults. He didn't try to counter her arguments, only attack her personally.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
This is very good for her to speak out.

I slightly disagree that our side is necesarily better though.. as in, more modern, simply reacting to the JIhadists. I do thing there are some "mideivalists" on our side as well.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I don't fully agree with her, except that everyone has their own free will. But it seems she supports elitist agenda.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Ok, What i have learned from that is that between is ''baynen'' in arabic...
Good for them that an arabic women is taking them to school.

But i personally think it is just some political propaganda to show the west that they can change by showing an ''arabic-woman'' on t.v. with these ideas. Probably to keep investors interested.

Good find OP!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
This is what I would like to see more of coming from the Muslim world. Plenty of people in the Western nations question our actions, like the invasion of Iraq, but it seems that there is too much silence from the Muslim world when it comes to condemning terrorist activities.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Wow. I was blown away by that. She is a brave lady and has earned my respect!

She raises some great points and her opposition does simply call her names, "heretic", so that the "people of Islam" instantly label and ignore her so will not hear her message as they will more likely listen to the Imam rather than the scientist (if you agree that psychology is science
).

She makes an absolute mockery of him and I applaud her. Now if people could just let that message sink in. I would hazard a guess that she must be fearing for her life because there will be some angry Muslims surely protesting about that network airing that interview ...

edit: fix smiley

[edit on 11-2-2009 by george_gaz]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Wow she’s got big proverbial coconuts.

I like where she’s coming from, polarizing the players and stating the inherently obvious yet inadvertently taboo. However, I can’t help feel that she’s risking her life in doing so. I agree with the fact that this war is a war of idealistic opposites, but I can’t agree with her that the Muslims are acting like beasts while the western leaders go about their ways angelically. Bush and his neo-con posse are in the same boat as all the other extremists INHO. He’s just coming at this ‘war’ from the extreme opposite of the muslims-sadly its all one big circle, so at some level he inevitably ends up just like them.

I don’t know if I agree with her use of Jews as an example of passive non-aggressors, its very short sighted to claim Jews never blow up churches in the name of their religion, given what we’ve seen over the last short while in Gaza.

That being said the eastern world could definitely do with more females speaking as articulately and intelligently as she did on a forum as open and public as mainstream media. She’s a good advocate for freedom in the face of religious oppressors such as the ignorant guy she was ‘debating’ against. That interview was a great example of the difference between the opposites, personified when that cleric looking fella went all apostle on her.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Articulate and inspiring. I'd vote for her.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Women like her: Wel articulated ,well educated, Cohones..
They are the EXACT reason why many Muslim men are scared to death of women and try everything to silence them and keep them uneducated.This despite the fact that even The Qu`ran speaks favourable of education for women.
Ayaan Hirsi Ali is the same sort of women: scaring (mainly muslim)men to death with wit ,education and in her case, beauty....Hell, she even scared The Netherlands political elite brainless......
Even só much that she was pesterd so much that she had to leave the country....

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I live in Indonesia - the largest muslim population outside of the middle east.

I believe this big "division of civilizations" is mostly a division based on wealth.

With wealth comes experience of the world, knowledge, growth and access to the Modern world. Many muslims are extremely poor! Living a normal life on $10 or less a day in wages.

When you are that poor, you don't get to experience life in it's fullest. You don't have the chance to know if your local Cleric at the Mosque is telling the truth or not about the world because you cannot afford to know it yourself.

All of you in America, Australia, and Europe with your minimum wages....you all earn more money in 1 hour than the majority of people here earn in a day. You have the freedom to see the world with an open mind; these people here cannot afford that freedom.

Not until places like Indonesia and the Middle east bring their economies out of the 3rd world will they be able to see the world for what it truly is and make the right choice.

Equality for all human beings.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Nick_x

I agree with everything you say - for me it's a recursive, chicken and egg type argument.

The regime maintains the status quo. Where do these countries start other than with regime change? But how can regime change happen? As they get poorer, the situation gets worse.

I could tie myself up in knots here thinking about it.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Amen to that!

However ,there will always be small communities that will resist any equality for Women.
Even overhere ,in Northern Europe, with welfare in the range from 1000 to 1400$ for a family. Many Muslim men refuse equality for their wifes and daughters, so being rich or poor does not make a lot of difference, and they are supported in their attitude by imported old-school Imams from Morocco.

The "poverty argument" is just one of the reasons, not THE reason

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by diakrite
Women like her: Wel articulated ,well educated, Cohones..
They are the EXACT reason why many Muslim men are scared to death of women and try everything to silence them and keep them uneducated.This despite the fact that even The Qu`ran speaks favourable of education for women.
Ayaan Hirsi Ali is the same sort of women: scaring (mainly muslim)men to death with wit ,education and in her case, beauty....Hell, she even scared The Netherlands political elite brainless......
Even só much that she was pesterd so much that she had to leave the country....

IRAN has the HIGHEST LEVELS OF EDUCATION FOR WOMEN ON EARTH ---- FACT !

You all love her because she pumps your ego - she is profoundly ignorant and is simply pushing a feminist agenda.

The behaviour of white Christian nations is by far the worst humanity has ever witnessed.

From using nuclear weapons, invading and attacking nation after nation, putting to death literally millions upon millions of people in an unceasing lust for wealth, an unquenchable greed is not advanced and is a clash of civilizations in every sense of the word.

From Stalinist Russia, Nazi Germany, Indian Raj, to the new American Empire, White Christians - which STILL deny gay rights, the use of condoms, women priests etc,etc are in no way morally superior - in fact the very opposite is true.

It is profoundly shameful that so many of you are so willing to accept and believe praise without ever considering the reality of your own failures as a white Christian race - Islam has its failures - however to place our civilisation and culture above it is profoundly moronic and could only come from someone either utterly ignorant or pushing an agenda - it is disservice to feminism to have to listen to her clap trap.

[edit on 11-2-2009 by audas]

[edit on 11-2-2009 by audas]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
ooooh did we hit a nerve?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
by the way, Iran has also the highest amount of women&girls hanged for "adultery"....really something to be proud of.

Mecnun ahmak...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join