It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Device Reads Minds Pretty Well

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

New Device Reads Minds Pretty Well

news.yahoo.com

he study, reported in the Journal of Neural Engineering, demonstrated the ability to decode a person's preference for one of two drinks with 80 percent accuracy by measuring the intensity of near-infrared light absorbed in brain tissue, the scientists said in a statement today.

"This is the first system that decodes preference naturally from spontaneous thoughts," says Sheena Luu, a University of Toronto doctoral student in biomedical engineering who led the work...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Wow...Uh Oh...Brave New World!

Just astounding!

After teaching the computer to recognize the unique pattern of brain activity associated with preference for each subject, the researchers accurately predicted which drink the participants liked best 80 percent of the time.

Other research has suggested brain activity could be monitored before decisions are made, perhaps with a mind-reading hat that would predict what we'll do.

My first question is why is this a good idea????

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Can you imagine if this device is perfected with our ever growing computer power.

"Honey I want you to put on the truth hat...I have some questions about where exactly you were last night."

This will be the official end of white lies and bald faced whoppers?

Put on the hat and tell me where that TARP money was spent!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
This is one of those things that people should do whatever necessary to stop it being made, at least in our lives..

new topics

top topics

join