It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Deal or Raw Deal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I know this video will get a few panties in a bunch.

This goes against everything you've ready in history books. Don't agree? State why.

Do you think these guys are wrong?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The information about past presidents and the failure rate with mixing in our "business" is obvious for anyone who likes to research.

But...we are a romantic nation. We like our blinders and to worship our ideals. "Please don't burst my bubble. I was having too much fun!"

What they were saying reminded me of this quote:

"History is a fable agreed upon." - Napoleon

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
We are looking at the dismantling of capitalism and free enterprise in The United States Of America as we knew it in the past. This administration is not learning from and looking at past history in our country to help solve our economic problems. This administration is bent on making history this way, if it feels good do it today even if we are 1/3 right. You learn from your mistakes most of the time, but this administration is not taking heed of what took place in our economy during the 1920s what so ever.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

We're about to find that the solution is less government intervention not more. We've been having more and more government spending and involvement since Clinton and it obviously isn't working plus it has put us hopelessly in government debt.

But rather than less government, Obama will increase government several fold in the greatest spending spree the country has ever seen! That's all Obama knows.

For example, where did Obama come up with the "Porkulus" bill? He asked Pelosi to go around to all her Democrats and put together all the pork spending they can find to reward their union supporters. 1970s liberal politics all over again only pushing TRILLIONS of dollars in DEFICIT spending this time. Billions that will do almost nothing to repair the damage to the economy and put our great grandchildren in debt!

Obama is right when he warns we won't come out of this for a long time!

Not till we get rid of this out of control Democratic regime!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by amari

You learn from your mistakes most of the time, but this administration is not taking heed of what took place in our economy during the 1920s what so ever.

Not only are they making these same mistakes, but they are doing it with an absolutely gigantic debt that they are just piling on to.

I agree with the video in that we need to be productive to start turning things around.

How that is even possible right now is the real question.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I also caught that interview on GB last night. Although I think Glen likes to take credit for things he didn't necessarily conclude on his own, I thought it was very informative and it is something I would love to have a few of my family members view. I'm glad you posted this here.

new topics

top topics

join