It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planning on going into political journalism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
*SUPER SORRY if I have placed this in the wrong place! Please move it to where ever you see fit!*

I have been considering for 2 years what I want to do with my life, considering that I despise being in retail. I've come to the realization that I could do well in journalism, but don't know enough about, well, anything to be able to do that.

I also really just want to get into politics at some time later in life.

I'd like to state now that, luckily for anyone suddenly cringing at the thought of me having any power over the thoughts of the masses, that I have been slightly trolling you guys ever since I joined. I honestly love ATS, you guys are great. I don't really believe people should be forced to have only 2 children per couple, and anything else I've said really.

So, what I'm asking is for some help in educating myself. How do you feel about political journalism in America? What are the pros and cons of that job?

I'm also asking if there are any resources any of you know of to better educate myself about the American government, or any government at all. I fully understand I'll be needing to know about the government of most if not all countries, and so this will be a never ending lesson. I just don't know where to start. Also, are there any free resources to help learn more about journalism?

Thank you! I don't want to go to college for journalism without knowing enough about it. I don't see college as the place to start learning, but as a place to expand and understand more deeply the things you are interested in.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
So far as your cartoon. I would say, "Rights are the currency of the oppressors". "Governments" are to govern, people don't need to be governed. It is the fundamental basis of the legal system that we are wards of the court unfit to manage our own affairs.

I've pointed this out elsewhere but download and study the PDFs from freedom-school.com...

Start with this www.freedom-school.com... to understand the history of the legal system and what it really represents.

Study www.thinkfree.ca... to see what those damn Canadians are up to. :->

The only issues with politics is that it is always about selfishness and greed. Trying to do the right thing is great but likely you will have a hard time finding acceptance with any "mainstream media". So, there will be a lot of frustration as your stories are either rejected or ordered to be altered to match some rational. Perhaps there is an opportunity with alternative media like www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ReelView

I do not have a single doubt that I will be censored and ignored. I do not have a single doubt that any company or journalistic group I join will be leaning one way or the other, whether slightly or so far that they are soon to fall down. I do not fear that- I find it to be a challenge. Thank you for your links.
I will use them to the best of my ability.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I am planning on going into political broadcasting as well!

You'll need a college education first, and, you'll only be able to tell the sheeple what they already know, or you'll get kicked off the air... and if you're too critical of the things they don't want you to talk about they'll make it seem like you're an idiot or just full of propaganda.

Take a look at Lou Dobbs. He is my inspiration right now to go into broadcast journalism. I want to emulate him. But, he's gotten a lot of heat for exposing the illegal immigration scandal in the USA here and he's branded as a racist. That goes to show you what happens when you criticize the establishment.

He's one of the best journalists out there too!

So, don't be afraid to speak your mind, and if you do become a broadcast journalist, try to not sound too paranoid when you talk on the air/on television or other people will think you're probably crazy.

It's just the way things are. People don't want to be woken up to the truth...

new topics

top topics

join