It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

life after death?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   
do you guys believe in life after death? i am not taking about religion, heaven or hell. but what i am asking is more of a spiritual matter. do you guys think our soul/spirit (if exist) live on after our physical body dies?

i been wondering about this for a few days now. i am starting to take this question more and more seriously. i dont know...it must been this on and off de jevu where i have a quick 1 second "vision" of "spiritual realm".

i want you guys take on this. do we really have a higher consciouness then our physical body or this is it. and if you want to use religious reference, please do it so this does not turn into another hate thread

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I'm not sure what I exactly believe in yet, but I do think there is life after death....

BTW, welcome 2009!!! I hope you enjoy it here!

[Edited on 14-4-2004 by ShadowSephiroth]

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I am not certain. I plan on possibly doing some of my own investigation in the same vein as this:

paranormal.about.com...://www.worlditc.org/

Currently I am more inclined towards belief in persistence of consciousness, but I am not certain by any means.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 02:18 AM
link   
No. I see no need to believe in something that has not been proven. There is no need for an afterlife if you lived your life to the fullest here. Afterlife was something thought up by people to stop their fear of completely disappearing and being forgetten after their death. Just face it, that's what happens. In a few thousand years probably nobody will even know your name.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Don't think this can be answered. No one can prove if there is life after death. If there is NO LIFE, after death, you wouldn't know when you die, cause you are DEAD and there is no more life, lol.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I agree with subzero. There is no way to prove life after death one way or the other. Personally, I believe in life after death and a heaven and a hell.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I have confirmed to myself that there is a afterlife based on material proof that i have seen.

Can I prove this to others? The answer is no but for one other that had seen the same happenings.

If explained can these happening be debated as tricks of the mind as odd natural occurances or just plain out lying? Yes they can for those that didnt experience them. I think its a personal enlightenment to have proof of the afterlife and when the time is right for you the proof will be there.

Heaven and hell are but conditions of the mind based on love or fear/guilt to others.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 04:11 AM
link   
It seems logical to me that some part of me was around before my birth. It's therefore logical that something will be around at death.

Why logical? In my view, the chances of just springing into existence and then just dissapearing is less than the likelihood that there was something there to begin with and then something to end with.

I believe we are part of an eternal circle.

The fact that life after death cannot be proven does not do a single thing to alter my belief. If anything, the evidence points to the fact that we don't cease to exist. There is absolutely no proof that we don't continue our existence elsewhere whilst there is some evidence to prove the contrary (however vague) and this sways the balance of probability in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Yes agree. I believe Life is eternity our sole are life our body is a �machine� If death exists (for us (the spirit)) life would not exist. Who creates us (spirits)?
When you think about it, it�s really extreme that we actually Exists�

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Life after death exist if you belive in it yourself. Cause we really can't prove it or explain it. But it's what YOU make of it. Or even depends on YOUR definition of "LIFE" itself.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Energy cannot be created or destroyed. The consiousness (sp?) is one of the most intricate and mystifying parts of our existence. If it cannot be created or destroyed, then there must be something there.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Well I don�t believe in �life after death�, we are the life (the soul) and when our body dies we seek new flesh for our using�

EDIT: We really aren�t �human� it�s only our machine we are using, it�s a �Human machine� does that mean that All Life are Equal but with different structures?

[Edited on 14-4-2004 by Cardu]

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Once again, we all can have our own theories about "life after death", but the bottom line is that we CAN NOT Prove it.

I do think there is life after death, but I can not prove it myself. So it's kinda weird to belive in something but you can't prove it huh????

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by subzero360
Once again, we all can have our own theories about "life after death", but the bottom line is that we CAN NOT Prove it.

I do think there is life after death, but I can not prove it myself. So it's kinda weird to belive in something but you can't prove it huh????

Proofs come last, our thought come first that�s how we manage to get our answer

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I agree with that.

This is one of those never ending topics, because both sides can't really come up with a logical conclusion about this, ehh.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 04:38 AM
link   
i too get quick dejavus... but not from my surroundings.. just pops into my head, visuals even... maybe from a dream..... or another life. like the other night while trying to fall asleep this menacing hand kept invading my thoughts.. it was grabbing for something.. who knows... but it happened more than once... but yes, there HAS to be an afterlife.... lets wait and find out...

God

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I actually have no idea about this. I used to think yes, then I thought no, now I just don't know.

I was thinking of something at work a couple of days ago. Is it possible that we've all been dead before? We have no memory of anything before we were conceived. I'm talking sperm joining egg here, not birth. I mean we wern't alive... so wern't we technically dead at that point? Some would argue that we wern't dead, just non-existent. But those who don't believe in an afterlife believe that we just cease to exist when we die.... which would be like never being born???? I don't know.. just something I was thinking about... hope it doesn't confuse the hell outta people.

I also had this other idea. When we die we're buried/burned/whatever. Our body decomposes (if you're buried) and I guess seeps into the earth. Or (if burned) floats into the sky as gas/smoke. Maybe whatever energies that make up us are just recycled. It may take a long time, but eventually we get back to a human form. ???? Sounds like reincarnation... but that's not what I mean.

Of course I have no idea what I'm talking about. I'm just speculating.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I believe in life after death and Heaven and Hell. Here is a link to a site about near death experiences that I find intersting Near Death

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
What do you exactly mean with life after death ? Knowing you're dead ?
Who knows, I believe that everything we can think about is possible to be done or to happen, You just need to know how to do it, or how to make it happen

But seriously, if you mean reincarnation than I can say that there are "evidence" (which are not accepted yet by scientists) that proofs reincarnation. I find it interesting my self because I used to wonder about that my self for years.

Here are some perhaps interesting links, see for your self, it's up to you to believe it or not.

www.allsoulsandspirit.com...
www.childpastlives.org...
www.healpastlives.com...

And this link all should read if interested in life after death. Some of it sounds funny, but then again, you never know..

www.victorzammit.com...

[Edited on 14-4-2004 by TigeriS]

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2009

do you guys believe in life after death? i am not taking about religion, heaven or hell. but what i am asking is more of a spiritual matter. do you guys think our soul/spirit (if exist) live on after our physical body dies?

i been wondering about this for a few days now. i am starting to take this question more and more seriously. i dont know...it must been this on and off de jevu where i have a quick 1 second "vision" of "spiritual realm".

i want you guys take on this. do we really have a higher consciouness then our physical body or this is it. and if you want to use religious reference, please do it so this does not turn into another hate thread

Yes I belive in "something" after death, like some of the others I dont know what that is. And like the others I dont feel I should/need/have to belive in things Ive never seen, or been shown. Personaly I think science will lead us to the "white light" so to speak. And that science will show us that there is many more dimensions that we could lable as Heaven, Hell, and such(string theory).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join