It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how about the alamo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
i cant wait to see the movie. masons were very important in the republic of texas. the lodge charter for holland lodge #1 was in ansel jones's sadle bag at the battle of san jacinto. sam houston sat in lodge there. several masons died in defence of the alamo david crockett, jim bowie, col travis, almaron dickenson, and james bonham
this is travis's letter to sam houston asking for help that houston was unable to give. it's long i cut it off and posted it because i feel it displays a passion that we should try to emulate today. i knew i wanted to be a mason after i saw the list of names posted on the alamo wall.

March 6, 1836 -
After fighting for 13 days, 3,000 Mexicans defeated 182 Texans at the Alamo.

A few days earlier, this message was sent:
February 24, 1836,

"Commandancy of the Alamo-

To the people of Texas & all Americans in the world --
Fellow citizens & compatriots --

I am besieged by a thousand or more of the Mexicans under Santa Anna--
I have sustained a continual Bombardment & cannonade for 24 hours and have
not lost a man --

The enemy has demanded a surrender at discretion, otherwise, the garrison are to be put to the sword, if the fort is taken. I have answered the demand with a cannon shot, and our flag still waves proudly from the walls --

I shall never surrender or retreat. Then I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid, with all dispatch --

The enemy is receiving reinforcements daily & will no doubt increase to three or four thousand in four or five days. If this call is neglected, I am determined to sustain as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country --

VICTORY OR DEATH

William Barrett Travis
Lt. Col. comdt.

P.S. The Lord is on our side --
When the enemy appeared in sight we had not three bushels of corn-
We have since found in deserted houses 80 or 90 bushels and got into the walls 20 or 30 head Beeves --

Travis

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
lol I was going to complain to you via U2U for posting this on ATS instead of BTS, but you passed the test. As far as the Alamo people being NWO, I don't think so, but I don't ascribe to the whole NOW theory.

They were, with out a doubt in my mind, blessed by God. 123 v 3k, it sounds like Blackhawk Down. There is just something about this country, the freedom, I believe, that makes people go above and beyond what is expected. Look at this website, we're here, every day, trying to expose the truth. (I know we're not all american, but many of us are, and I'm trying to make a point) Look at a lot of history, Americans have done the same kind of thing a lot. The only exception was Vietnam, but then the soldiers were ashamed to be American.

Look at the revolution, even. A band of brothers, so to speak, managed to overthrow the most powerful military force in pre-1948 history. Just a bunch of rednecks with guns who had a common goal: Freedom. Bush was right, in my opinion, that the lust for freedom was handed down by the Almighty, and we, Americans, are only tools to enforce that right.

[Edited on 14-4-2004 by cassini]

join