It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now Comes Wal-Mart with Layoffs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Obviously you do not live in the south, I challenge you to go into wal mart here in southern Ga and find a position as a sales clerk for 11 dollars an hour.

With full employee benefits.

Oh, I forgot, they don't hire sales clerk full time because that means having to pay for benefits. My bad.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
I thought Wal-mart was making hay with all the crisis going on, I thought they have been making money hand over fist... but I guess not.

Making money and retaining employees have very little to do with each other.

In fact, some years, when extenuating circumstances like fuel costs for example occur, many company's show their "stockholders" a profit by axing people. then they just hire more back, and as a bonus usually at cheaper pay.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I wish I knew how to copy the actual chart here, but here is the chart I saw on GMA this morning showing the current job situation in comparison with three other recessions. Look at the nosedive on that thing, not a pretty picture.

www.boingboing.net...

[edit on 11-2-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by thebeast2012

From what I read, it isn't the low-income employees being affected, but the middle to upper level employees being affected, the ones who work the white collar jobs.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Obviously you do not live in the south, I challenge you to go into wal mart here in southern Ga and find a position as a sales clerk for 11 dollars an hour.

With full employee benefits.

Oh, I forgot, they don't hire sales clerk full time because that means having to pay for benefits. My bad.

Pretty sure northern Virginia is considered the south.

Walmart is a leader in employee beneffits.
walmart

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join