Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

2012'ers answer this please?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I've read a little here and there regarding 2012, and there's no doubt that there are a lot of various cultures that have events and such that correlate around this date, and that a lot of current events seem to be adding up. Now rather or not this is prophecy or just the natural course of human event is anyone's guess...

The question however,

Our current calender tells us that the year is 2009, Now it started A.D, (In the Year of the Lord).

To make it short the dates are off by a few years because the nativity was dated wrong, It was dated 753 years after the founding of Rome, But Herod died only 749 years after the founding of Rome, and we know that Jesus was born some time before Herod died.

So our calender is off by around four years, So its most likely the year 2012 now...

Also, how does our current calender match up with the Mayans? when they are based completely differently?

Now don't go crazy, I'm not refuting 2012 because I have no idea what the future holds, I'm simply asking the believers to tell me how they know that "our" 2012, is the "Mayans" 2012, ie; three years from now.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by C0le]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
its about galactic alignments. ie sun eclipsing the center of our galaxy. we know this is going to happen in 2012 and so did the myans. if your in america turn on the history channel right now for more info

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Well, if it is, in actuallity, 2012 NOW, then that would indeed explain a lot.

Second line.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The mayan's based their calendar around astrological events.

Not the gregorian calendar.

We have a very good idea of where stars would of appeared in the night sky in earlier times.

So by working out the Mayan calendar we can easily convert it into our date/ time format regardless of when our calendar started.

ok?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by klain

We have a very good idea of where stars would of appeared in the night sky in earlier times.

So by working out the Mayan calendar we can easily convert it into our date/ time format regardless of when our calendar started.

ok?

So, its not really "2012" for the Nayans, and their calender simply ends on what is 2012 for us?

This is the part that doesn't add up when people say "2012 zomg we r all goinz to die!"

when it's obvious the two calenders don't correlate.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le

Originally posted by klain

ok?

So, its not really "2012" for the Nayans, and their calender simply ends on what is 2012 for us?

This is the part that doesn't add up when people say "2012 zomg we r all goinz to die!"

For the Mayan's it was simply the end of their calendar at no point has their been any credible evidense that the mayans said the world was going to end.

However...

I'm only speaking of the Mayans, some people think certain things will hapen, although i'm not too knowledgable in those areas...

...The hopi - they say it's the end of the 5th world, they believed the world goes through a number of ages world one, world two etc each time the world is reborn (notice they dont mention it's going to end).

I guess you can see how the end of the 5th world might be lost in popular culture and come out as "End of the world, were all going to die".

Interestingly Edgar Cayce made a prediction about 2012 I think he coined a term "the fith root race" or something along those lines.

As I said i'm not too knowledgable in the able two examples, but food for thought anyway.

Klain

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Here's a wiki:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Hi C0le.

Go read a little bit, there :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and read MY answer, and do it.

You will have many hours of reading to do. It's worth it.
It REALLY waked me up ! B-)

Blue skies.

Oppss! Orthograph/spelling corrected.

[edit on 09/2/10 by C-JEAN]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Should be pointed out that the Mayan calendar doesn't end in 2012 it just starts a new long count on the calendar.

Based off of astrology every 26000 years or so the long count switches to a new astrological sign.

It was significant to them because not only did the stars/long count change on this date but 3 events take place at the same time. It was significant to them but many people ran with the idea it was the end of the calendar when in fact it is not.

It's like a rumor with a hint of truth but the more it spreads the less truth the rumor contains.

If I remember right it was the changing of the long count calendar, the solstice and an alignment of the sun with the black evil mass in the center off the universe where evil spirits will come from upon that alignment. I could be off but am way too tired to check it right now and it can be found pretty easily but time for bed for me.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cole

C

you wanna bring to light anywhere on the web where people are saying that we're all going to die in 2012?

people that say that people are saying that.. are the only ones saying that.

and they make an ass out of themselves in the process.

-

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Here's my take on 2012, for what it's worth...

Mankind is at a turning point. Leading up to 2012, you are going to see traditions of all kinds crumble away.

You are going to see mankind move beyond how things have been done in the past.

Think about 1912. The folks in that year were on the verge of upheavals and massive changes in civilization. The Mechanized Age was upon them. WW1 was not far off. How things were in the 1800s was beginning to be totally put behind them.

2012 will usher in a whole new way of civilization. How we are now is very much like how we were in the 20th century, but in 2012 we are going to propel forward and it will be what we would think of today as sci-fi. Are you ready for a sci-fi world? You are going to get it whether you want it or not.

Look at how centuries work. At the turning of a century and for the 10 years or so beyond the turning, mankind still grasps hold of the old century. But hey, when 12 - 15 years are spent in the new century...what the ?"@&^%!!!.. we are in...

A NEW PARADIGM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get ready... it's going to be phenomenal and friggin' great. No catastrophes or wipe out of humankind, no, it's going to be great. Mark my words. The trick will be staying out of WWIII.

What is 2012? A raising of humankind to a much, much higher consciousness. Ever been to Burning Man?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Supposedly in late April of 2009 we will all see the catalyst.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
Supposedly in late April of 2009 we will all see the catalyst.

Could you shed some more light on this?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
As far as i know the people researching this Mayan time-table correlated it to our time. Mayan did not use our calender no. If you want to know for sure look around and tell us what you find out
. And a minority is thinking the 'omg we are all going to die'. The media is pushing it as hard as they can but we ain't biting. Most people that really thought and researched about 2012 in whatever way come out with a pretty sweet future.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Good job on reading

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Well, this is my 2 cents.

At the end of each calender wich is I think 5125 years,there is suposedly a new 'birth of the sun', we are going into the 6th sun I think..
The maya time count is not like ours, it just happends to fall on 2012 in 'our' time cont.!!!

Mayan sayd also that an blue star will mark the start of the 'window of the end' , and that was the comet Holmes that exploded in our solar system 26th october 2007. That was an old 'prophecy' that came to pass.
The Hopi Star

There is no doubt that our sun goes into Solar Maximum 21st 12.2012, maby that is the new birth of the sun and new man and all that.
Add the scenario of the sun dipping down into the Galactic Plane and the Magnetosphere is gone, then a scary ass scenario is coming to light.

'.. and the fourth angel poored hes bowl unto the sun.(Solar Max).' and ' out of the ASHES came ? (D.U.M.B's)..' etc..

Lets stuff the ancient astronaughts into this..We have a party coming with the physical pole shift that should last for about 20 hours in a Mag.20 on the richterscale, and 'parting of the continents' we are indeed infor an ride.

Hehe... Just my nightly sweet dreams talking...

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Nothing will happen in 2012 unless you take action to make it happen.People need to stop looking for outward influences to change the world we live in and look to yourself and those around you.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by C0le

2012 has to do with the current SAC cycle (stellar activation cycle or ascension cycle) which happens on planet every 26,000 years that cycle is initiating between 2000 and 2017. It is not an exact date as most people think, it is more like a period of time. The last SAC was 22,346 BC.

It also will not be a cataclysmic (sp?) event but has been more of a gradual shift. Now if pole shift occurs that is something else and that would look extreme. Luckily we have managed to prevent that from happening so far.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le

Yup. Furthermore, they're the only civilization that had a long-cycle calendar end there. Most of the ancient civilizations termed their dates as "year 12 of the reign of Pharaoh Hatshepsut" and so forth. They had no way of saying "5,000 years in the future."

Yup. Now, with all the 2012 hysteria, a number of people in Mexico are taking advantage of the tourists' wishes and promoting a "2012 end of cycle." But if you check Nostradamus, he said the end was coming in 1999, and if you check Cayce, you see he said nothing about it.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
Mayan sayd also that an blue star will mark the start of the 'window of the end' , and that was the comet Holmes that exploded in our solar system 26th october 2007. That was an old 'prophecy' that came to pass.
The Hopi Star

Uhmm... the Hopi aren't the Mayans and the Blue Star Kachina is a tale that evolved during the 1910 split between the tribal leaders. There was a huge argument and a division of the tribe over whether they should keep traditional non-Christian beliefs or move into the 20th century.

The prophecy comes from that time.

Hopis live a thousand miles away from the Mayans.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join