It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If they act like animals then put them down

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Sometimes the only thing that some people understand is force, words simply will fall on deaf ears

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by fubar1985

I think it would be up to whether or not they left their "fingerprint". If America could go in and then get out without trying to control the country after they left then people couldn't say they are doing it for oil or whatever, which is a battle of hearts and minds. If muslims are seeing american violence directed at them being a direct effect of their own government's terrorist attacks, I think they would begin to see where we are coming from. But no, jihadist recruiters are able to use american hegemony to motivate.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
To all,

i am not claiming that my ideas are the right ones just simply ideas that i have developed over a well traveled life and through life expereinces. You cannot try to reason with an unreasonable individual and sometimes the only thing they will understand is force. They are quick to take life and in some cases quick to give their own lives for what they believe in. But just seeing the news article about that polish engineer just clicked something inside me, all he was trying to do was make a living and support a family he was not military just a civillian working to make a better life for the ones he cared for. Now imagine that was a member of your family, would you not want everything just stop over there, would you not want the people with the power to act to act with the full force that they have? Violence begets more violence but there will come a time when the final straw will break the camel's back and there will be serious consequences for anyone involved. Essentially no one will win just one side will come out of the rubble looking a little better.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I can see you both have valid points and are entitled to your opinions, but do you even have 100 percent proof that they were responsible for the attack on your country or mine? the fact of the matter is that the US and UK have far bigger problems to deal with on their own soil that directly effect it's own citizens on a daily basis but because of this fruitless pursuit major issues are practically ignored. It is not our mess to begin with anyway, why must we get involved?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I do not have 100% proof and i question anyone that says they do. And of course you have the truthers that say that they have nothing to do with it, it was an inside job. The bottom line is that no one knows, or they know and they simply keep their mouth shut. The only thing i know is that we went over there and now there are more problems, more fear, and more violence and unfortunatly the only ecceftive way that i can see to end the violence is through a great amount of force as tragic as that may sound.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
]reply to post by jasoncordoba

You cannot try to reason with an unreasonable individual and sometimes the only thing they will understand is force

An individual .
What about a country, comprising a myriad of individuals .....
A country ? A religion ? .......a region?.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

What i should have said was that you cannot reason with an entity that is unreasonable. Sometimes force speaks volumes more than words ever could.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

While we not share the same point of view i think we can both agree that your avatar is funny as hell

top topics

<< 1   >>

join