It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If they act like animals then put them down

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
War has evolved, no longer are enemies fighting in an organized fashion they operate in small cells and move around amongst the general population. The news article that sparked me to finally write something was the one of the Polish Engineer that was be.ed by militants over in Pakistan. The problem here is that the United States and many other states have become a laughing stock on the world stage, there is not one ounce of respect out there for the United States. Our leaders need to tak action to see to it that the world once again will respect us, i seem to remember from history class that there was an instance during WW2 where we were attacked on our home soil and our enemies laughed. What did we do, we eridicated two Japanese cities in a matter of seconds and that shut them up. The US has been seen as weak for far too long and it is time to flex our true military muscle to ensure that atrocities of the past do not evolve into the artocities of the future. Essentially we need to burn the Geneva convention ( our enemies do not follow it anyways) and anyone who stands against us should feel the pain and know that we are not a nation to be messed with. Stop trying for peace in the middle east it is not going to happen, turn the place into a parking lot and be done with it, that's the only way to acheive peace in the middle east. Am i angry, yes, i am sick and tired of all of the other nations of the world laughing at us, they say we are evil and even though we may be, we are a necessary evil. There are those of you that say ruling through fear is bad and it may be but it sure is dammed effective, i say it is time to make the people who stand against us be afraid again. They have had their fun instilling fear into the world and now it is our turn to make sure they are repaid ten times over. A majority of the world already speaks ill of us and it is time for them to fall in of face the consequences, it is high time that the nations and people of the world beging to respect the United States for the power that is has been and will be.

Alright enough of my rant and back to reality, will this ever happen probably not because people in general are too afraid of offending everyone else. Everyone is afraid they will not get reelected to their cushy seat of power, they will maintain the status quo and stay the course. Washington needs a wake up call back to reality, if the founding fathers were alive today they would be sickened to see what has become of what they created. Peace will come from the sword not from the pens of legislators.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
*looks around for a candid camera and takes the bait*

So what you are saying is, that everyone is angry at us for starting an illegal war and putting several countries back into the dark ages, killing millions and putting millions more into poverty. In countries that never watned us there in a the first place, so we can instill a value that they never needed or wanted.

But your answer to that is to kill more people, and decimate the rest of the country.
I don't think that will make us any friends.

We are doing the right thing, pull out, let them now develope the kind of government they need and want on their own terms.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jasoncordoba

>.>

That is a scary mentality you have there. Please explain to me why we should "turn the Middle East into a parking lot" as you so eloquently put it. Would that not be acting a bit ummm like an animal?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
TROLL ALERT

I don't think America as seen as weak, so much as bat# insane. And surprise, it's people like you who make people think that!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
What frustrates me about it is how democracy is manifest in how you conduct your wars. The right wants you to go in, and the left doesn't, so you go in, but half-assed. There are people in my country dying in afghanistan because the united states was attacked by people from afganistan (officially, anyways), so americans going into iraq instead of afghanistan is kind of seen as a bit of a betrayal, with a touch of manipulation.

I agree with the op that lines in the sand should be drawn, but in my opinion it should be the complete retraction of all involvment. The world sees the actions of america as countrerproductive to it's own health, yet beneficial to a very few.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
First off many of those countries were in the dark ages before we got involved, people over there do not know what civil liberties are and if they speak of them the local government take take of that quickly. Secondly we already have few friends and they are only friendly because it is in their best interest. If we are to pull out and let them sort things out for themselves things will simply get worse. the kind of government that they want on their own terms? be realistic here that did not work out too well for them the first time the government's over there are ten times more corrupt that they are here. Initially i was for the war, and now i realize that we should have minded our own business but now that we have stirred the hornets nest we have a duty to finish what was started. War is not pretty and people do lose their lives but we have the ability to stop the loss of american life, by pulling out the government is taking the cowards way out by turning tail and running, how much do you think the nations of the world will think of us then. The bottom line here is that we stirred the nest and the only honorable way out is to finish what has been started and it is sad that lives will be lost but that is the price that we pay.

I do agree that the US trying to export democracy to other countries is not right, just because it works for us (barley) does not mean it will work for them. The second best thing that can be done is to work with them to help them create a form of government that provides them security and stability, if that cannot be acheived then they will simply go back to the old ways and history will simply repeat itself.

I know i am a walking contradiction, i talk about destruction and peace, eradication and assistance, simply my opinions although i do have a unique perspective of that area of the world because i spent a majority of my life over there so i know how the nations work from first hand expereince.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
the terrorists can do what ever the hell they want but if you kill a terrorist or capture one you have to be nice to him in case you hurt his feelings..

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
heyo,

i do agree that when things happen they are half assed. What is happening is they are trying to fight a war, but they are trying to appease the population at the same time. Modern war is not like the battles of past where they were all or nothing where there was a clear victor and a clear loser. Wars are now televised for all to see, the average person wants to see it but they want to see the watered down version where no one is hurt or god forbid killed, war is hell and when a country decided to take action against another it should be done with everything possible to minimize losses on their side. Peace in the middle east cannot be acheived through treaties, they have been fighting for over a thousand years and will continue to fight.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
It is the responsibility you feel to them that causes you to be percieved as weak. Say if america went into pakistan, didn't give a #, got osama and his buds, and pulled out. THAT would do a lot for the resolve and respect for americans around the world, imo. But no, you have to rebuild and help them and all that when none of the peple in pakistan, civilian or not, ever worried about helping the average i'd bet. I get the feeling that people over there listen more to force than ideals.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

exactly my point! People are scared of reality. They know that if they remain ignorant of things then they will stay in a comfortable state of being. I'll be the first to admit it's hard to stay focused on what is really important, even here in canada.
ie

"You can go to war, but if you go to war and actually practice what is entailed in war, then you can't go to war."

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Sadisticwoman,

Not trolling just putting my thoughts to out there.

Yes it is a scary mentality that i have and unfortunatly we all live in a scary world. You may think that the US is bat # crazy (i have always enjoyed that expression) but i have expereinced first hand that ont he whole a lot fo people in the world see the US as weak and as a fading superpower. The standing of the US on the world stage is not the same one that existed 30 years ago, everyone is always talking about the stupid americans and how about things are so much better in their home country. As i stated in my opening post, people may believe us to be evil but you can bet your # we are a necessary evil.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
heyo,

It is very true that people over there respond more to force than to ideals and one of the main reasons for that is a large majority of the population is uneducated they simply have different values and differnet motivators than people in the west do

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I personally see Americans as mostly an educated culture, and current events such as pulling out of this war for oil only add fuel to the fire, this is NOT the 17th century where one nation can simply rape and destroy it's enemies to ensure world power, in this current climate America needs to be seen as a peace maker to the world, especially after the blunders of the bush administration. Dominance at this time requires diplomacy and understanding. All this coming from an English man, not every one hates you guys
now I've gotta end this post before I sound any more like a campaigner for barrack obama

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I believe that to be totally true. It's just that if you said that, then people would think you're demeaning muslims. So in order to not demean muslims (a misplaced accusation to start with), you are forced to conduct yourselves in such a way that you have. America has been perpetually stuck between a rock and a hard place since they started trying to please everyone.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

The US has been seen as weak for far too long and it is time to flex our true military muscle ...

Your military hasn`t stopped to draw breath , it is a behemoth , constantly active to advance American hegemony and to justify its enormous expanding budget.

=========================================

..to ensure that atrocities of the past do not evolve into the atrocities of the future.

turn the place into a parking lot and be done with it

So you suggest an atrocity to end all atrocities do you ?

Essentially we need to burn the Geneva convention

U.S Chief Justic Robert H. Jackson prophetic warning at the Nurenburg trails .......

We must never forget that the record on which we judge these defendants is the record on which history will judge us tomorrow. To pass these defendants a poisoned chalice is to put it to our own lips as well.

you are obviously willing to drink down that chalice ....... are others ?

i am sick and tired of all of the other nations of the world laughing at us, they say we are evil and even though we may be, we are a necessary evil

Well i can assure you that i am not laughing at America right now , i am specifically laughing at you .

Everyone is afraid they will not get reelected to their cushy seat of power

Yeah , i don`t get that myself , those pesky citizens always wanting to have a say in things ........

You are fast becoming that which you despise, and a dictators wet dream at that .

edit;spelling

[edit on 10-2-2009 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
fatdad

Exactly, you have to treat them fairly because you know that they treat their prisoners fairly right? They kill their prisoners they toture their prisoners ( and before anyone goes off about the US totruting prisoners yes everyone knows that) the difference is that we do not make videos of it and distribute them to the new outlets to incite fear

link   
reply to post by fubar1985

I disagree with you about 78%. How do use diplomacy and understanding against an enemy that uses diplomacy and understanding against you? I lie to an infidel is not a lie, right?

link   

You don't like people laughing at you?

Now, turn me into a parking lot.

peace

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
fubar1985,

You cannot use diplomacy against an enemy that chooses to not take the diplomatic path. If you go to them with a diplomatic offer they will simply put your . on a pike and move on. You would not bring a pen to a gunfight now would you?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

the fact is heyo, you guys cannot just simply kill all enemies, there are deeper causes that make these people you're (and to an extent my enemy as an english man) enemy and simply killing will not resolve this and this vicious circle will continue. I'm not saying that what i said is the definite answer but crushing and killing all who oppose will never work.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join