It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate passes Obama's economic recovery plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This has go to be the dumbest thing ever

news.yahoo.com...

Why is the government stealing all of our hard earned money, crashing the dollar, making out children and grand children pay for it all later. We people dont need this kind of government. We put government in place to help us, guide us, protect us, help us build this country up, NOT THIS!!!!!

State after state is starting to stand against the government, and more will follow, people will be awaken, chaos will soon to follow, government wont know where to hide.

They dont know whats coming to them, but soon everyone will forget about money...

Admin Note: removed text - your ire over the passing of the bailout should be expressed, in words, within the post.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by Crakeur]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NickT916
Why is the government stealing all of our hard earned money, crashing the dollar, making out children and grand children pay for it all later.

Because they want you DEPENDENT upon the government. They want a nanny state so they can have an excuse to rob you of your hard earned money. It's a power thing.

Oh .. and it's not a 'recovery plan'. It's a trojan horse.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
It also is such a great plan that the dow plunged about 350 points.

One is the loneliest numbers so I added a 2nd line.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
You remember when they passed the last one, it didnt go through and the DOW plunged almost 800 points, then the next day or day after they got scared and passed it, then the DOW plunged 700 and some odd points. I'm just surprised the DOW didn't jump off a cliff this time.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR

Yeah, 350 points today & a drop from 11,000+ mid September which works out to over a 30% drop in less than 6 months.

As for the stimulus. I doubt this will work anymore than the first one. The only thing I do think it will accomplish is to put our nation even further into debt and make all of our lives more dependant on the government.

Yeah, good times ahead in deed.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR

yea i just looked at it after i saw that they passed the SPENDILIUS package and it flopped haha, and i also like the one part where a fox40 reporter asked obama about what joe biden said about "30% might not work" or something... and obama said "i dont remember what joe was reffering to" oh ok!!! lol

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
BUT IT WILL CREATE LIKE 20 MILLION NEW JOBS!!!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NickT916

Well hurry up and go get your slave wage..

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by NickT916
BUT IT WILL CREATE LIKE 20 MILLION NEW JOBS!!!!!

Where? When? Considering that less than 20% of this will be spent in the next 2 years ... and even that which is spent is highly questionable about creating jobs ...

BAH!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Trust me: Government red-tapes take a friggin long time to process. Don't expect yer free-hands anytime soon. Loose CHANGE anyone? Please help!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
i predict 7700 DowJ by 12:00pm

Then more countries will get more upset. Reason why our Gov does all these stupid things is because they dont fear us, they know we are bunch of pansies here in US, they know we might fear them, but we all have a breaking point, and it only takes one small group brave enough to stand up and that will encourage many of us and wake us up.

people who get disturbed during their sleep get far more angry and cranky than those who are awake and are aware of their surroundings.... bad thing for the government is that most of the people in US are cranky and angry as it is before they go to sleep lol US will wake up soon!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NickT916

Oh, yeah right: Revolutionists. They end up in jail or dumped in some concentration camp (say, for example, FEMA) and are never heard from ever again. That's why this scam bailout bill (like so many others in the past) was destined to pass. People (the sleeping 'sheeple') probably figured out they are screwed no matter how much they fight back against TBTP. So let's get back to begging. Loose CHANGE anyone? Please help!

[edit on 2009-2-10 by pikypiky]

new topics

top topics

join