It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA Approves Human Brain Implant Devices

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Yep, here we go. Brain Implants

news.yahoo.com... - FDA Approves Human Brain Implant Devices

"I think there is a consensus among many researchers that the time is right to begin trials in humans," Andersen said, noting that surgeons are already implanting devices into human brains � sometimes deeply � to treat deafness and Parkinson's disease. "There is always some risk but one considers the benefits." - Richard Andersen, a Cal Tech expert.

Hmmmm. I suppose it's like any other technology, and it depends on what it's used for, but I guess it's a good way to wire everyone up for some sinister purpose if that is what's really happening.

Here's one of the companies doing this kind of work:

www.cyberkineticsinc.com...

I don't want to be a Borg.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Thats great! If it can help diseases that people suffer from, I am all for it. As long as it keeps its good purpose. Technology is taking leaps. This could change many people's lives for the better. Look at the sunny side.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
But for how long will the sun shine for? In mankind;s history yes we have made things to help an benifit mankind but we have also found ways to use the same tech an destroy things or manipulate them for our own theorys an ideas.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trance
But for how long will the sun shine for? In mankind;s history yes we have made things to help an benifit mankind but we have also found ways to use the same tech an destroy things or manipulate them for our own theorys an ideas.

Yes, we have manipulated and destroyed, but thats because the inventions fell into the wrong hands. We really need to be careful about seeing all the ideas behind this invention and whose in charge.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Well, that is my initial reaction, to see the positive aspects, but then I have to think that if a lot of the people on this site are correct, then the NWO will surely use this to control us all. Not that I think that is actually going to happen in such a clean cut fashion, but we'll increment it upon ourselves like we do everything else. First medical use, then maybe depression treatment of some form, then education, then it's just a matter of time before you can interface with your computer and your car.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I think this is awesome. Forget all this parinoid, "government's going to control or minds" stuff.
I've been waiting for they day when I can upgrade myself with cybernetic implants and the like.

Just imagine being able to interface with the computer and the net with your mind...wow.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Flinx, you help make my point. We'll accept this stuff as it becomes more and more commonplace.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
It's gonna be sweet when the NWO takes over my brain.

Then they can teach me all of their cool wrestling moves.

and i want a robot dog too.

-Durandal

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Thats great! If it can help diseases that people suffer from, I am all for it. As long as it keeps its good purpose. Technology is taking leaps. This could change many people's lives for the better. Look at the sunny side.

I agree, but I do think there is a time, like Trance said that it will be turned around and used incorrectly....... but i'm not worried, I can't really see people going in for inplants for something like depression or education for some time, well, I don't think in my lifetime anyway......

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 05:16 AM
link   
It would be great if they developed a way to integrate the internet into your brain. There would be no need for phones,You could communicate "telepathically" through instant messages, collaborate on scientific research, philosophy, and have discussions with anyone on earth with the help of real-time translation software. It would be a great way to train someone to do something dangerous, without the actual danger element. Virtually visit people around the world in your subconcious 'living room,' you could download music into your head and for once the saying " i cant get that song out of my head " may hold true.

And the virtual sexual aspects... jeez. direct access to the pleasure center in your brain. Yes, that would be... fun.

three cheers for technology.

-Durandal

new topics

top topics

join