It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brian Eno - Music to dream by

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I came across Brian Eno on one of the cable companies music channels which was designated as "new age". What struck me is how far his sound is away from the generally boring Celtic harps and acoustic guitars that pervade new age music, incidentally that boring quality making it fine as background noise when I'm being creative. Soothing and lush, I find his album Ambient 1: Music for Airports to be perfectly conducive to relaxation.

After digging on that album for a while, I turned to some of his other work and was quite surprised to find early Pink Floyd pop flavors (more like Piper at the Gates of Dawn than Dark Side of the Moon) and stretching well beyond that early electronica to even more wildly imaginative, ethereal, beautiful, eerie and sometimes downright spooky. These to me are the sounds of dreams, and even the occasional nightmare.

Well, I thought I'd share some select tracks from his albums Another Green World, Apollo and Ambient 1: Music for Airports for the more adventurous listeners here. I hope you enjoy.

Sky Saw

I'll Come Running

Sombre Reptiles

An Ending (Ascent)

Deep Blue Day

1/1

[edit on 10-2-2009 by TravelerintheDark]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
When I was 12 years old, I worked in a school radio station and we had some old ambient CD's covering ambient from 70-90. Brian Eno was always one of my favorites. Had multiple tracks on the two disk set.

new topics

join