It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Rep - Proposal to Take Pension Funds - Give Money to Banks

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

You are right, anyone with eyes can see it.

It doesn't matter what kind of spin is put on it.

The reason is, if you check anyone who has been in public office for a while, you will see the elected officials and the big business CEOs etc., are all interconnected. They serve in office for a while, go into big business for a while, come back to politics for a while, get out and become lobbyists, they all belong to the same think tanks, institutes, committees.

Its just a shell game, or more like a game of musical chairs, except the only one who doesn't get to sit is the taxpayer, every time.

For a great example, which I used on an another thread, check out the background of Robert Zoellick, World Bank official, (go to the actual website) he's only 53 and he has had his finger in such a variety of different pies, it's almost unbelievable.

For a current, example on American soil, check out Timothy Gietner's background, (just go to Wiki) he came from wall street and had a position on the board of the Federal Reserve, and one of the big investment companies that melted down as well. Same old, same old.........

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I'm glad I recently pulled my pension out of Ford's pension. One of the best for final salary pension schemes. It is now sat in a SIPPS in 100% gold bullion via Bullionvault.

Since December it has already gone up 20+% it is not a great deal of money but I feel much better in total control of it.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
If you do take out your 401's/Ira, as I have done, do not keep it in the dollar which will be toilet paper by year's end.

If not gold/silver, invest in survival preparations.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Kazakhstan May Require Pension Funds to Buy More State Debt
www.bloomberg.com...

I'd thought I'd Share this just so you know other Countries are on the same Track. I've heard Latin/South America Countries Whispering about this Also.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

If you take your IRA out and turn it into cash ,,,what do you do with that much cash and did the bank report your withdrawal to Uncle Sam. I am thinking of doing the same thing and turning it into Gold or foreign currency. Any comments ?????????????

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
People wanted change, they are going to get change. Change pension funds to the banks plus other things-such a FREEDOMS. People voted for BO & the Dems, now you are going to find out how it feels to get REALLY shafted. This is just the start, we have 4 years of things that will be taken away & given away. It's happening, take a good look at the stimulus package and what was added that the people were never told about. Hold onto you butts people.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabisquit
If you do take out your 401's/Ira, as I have done, do not keep it in the dollar which will be toilet paper by year's end.

If not gold/silver, invest in survival preparations.

That is exactly what everyone should do, even if penalties are paid, because the value of the metals will go up that will more than cover any penalties.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Argentina Plans to Tap Social Security Funds for Mortgages, Clarin Reports
www.bloomberg.com...

this is what I had heard of earlier...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I hate this idea of robbing pension funds but it's really no worse than taxes which are robbery too.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join