It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Rep - Proposal to Take Pension Funds - Give Money to Banks

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

Don't worry I will listen to the whole thing right now and get answers to all of you. Just hang tight.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

i hear ya i can't stand that crackhead either. but he don't talk for to long. maybe 5 minutes or so then it goes to someone else then ron paul then bernanke starts talking.

nice little tid bit i learned tonight. congress can audit the fed but they can't edit any part that really matters. the fed's BALANCE SHEET WTF!?!?!?!?!?!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

thanks. I'm watching it as well, but i got some severe thunderstorms rolling my way so i'm going to have to jump off here in a few

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

I know when the Congress hinted at taking EVERYONES IRA and 401K plans and putting them under govt. control..

I said ---- that! I took out my IRA because there is NO WAY I want the govt. to take any of my money and put it under their control!

I sincerely think at this point, they really are trying to completely improvish the people of the U.S. What money people have left in their retirement accounts they want to decimate that too!

I have been upset all day, with them even considering taking people's pension plans...

God, I wish there was a place I could move to, and get away from this nightmare, that is only getting worse!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Great thread! We give it all to the banks anyway but fight over helping people? Amazingly shortsighted. And yes we will keep throwing even more money at it! Does anyone not see whats going on here? Google David Rockefeller. Watch Freedom to Fascism, it explains it pretty clearly. The country was bought and paid for years ago, we just have different players! It all makes perfect sense, yet everyone runs around freaking out wondering whats going on. Seems like we have kindergardners with no conscience in charge of everything! Take, take, take is all they know. If the first bailout/giveaway wasn't a big enough red flag I don't know what it will take. It went through under threat when it was clear the people didn't want it. No one knows where that money went and they are mad when we even ask them! Incredibly obvious it all is! Isn't this just a little suspicious to anyone? Thanks Questioningall and everyone!

[edit on 10-2-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
It starts at the one hour mark:

Here's the link to Cspan again:

www.cspan.org...

Edit:

Scratch that: Will be back with the actual time slot...The vid player crashed on me.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

My thoughts exactly! It makes a person mad knowing our progeny may not have a very good life because of a greedy few. We destroy the very earth that sustains us! Crazy and suicidal but thats us. We are barbaric neandarthals hell bent on war and destruction, we just have bigger clubs. Too bad because there are some beautifull things in this world.(better than mars!)

I am still contributing to my IRA. Is that dumb or what?
(gotta pay big brother) Reminds me of the mob!

[edit on 10-2-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
seriiously, I don't think using our 401k to pay off some of our mortgage is not a bad idea. Its just an option for people who still have many working years left. If I owe less money, then I become less of a slave. The way the stocks are doing, and our retirement invested in mutual funds, it would lose value anyway, so why not use it now to pay off our debt and maybe help to keep our homes?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

I agree, I have never understood how big companies don't think of the future of the Earth and the kids future.

I have always wondered how they can only worry about the next quarter of profits, and not the years ahead.

It is sad, very very sad... what is going on!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Thank you, I have been watching it from that point..

I have a question though.........................

Everytime I watch one of these proceedings, there is something I ALWAYS notice.............

What is that?

There are ALWAYS a huge amount of seats EMPTY -- sometimes it is the majority amount of seats empty, from Congress.

I want to know where the HELL those people are that are getting PAID and are ELECTED officals............and what the hell could be more important than trying to take care of our meltdown??

Who were they, .......that were missing today????
\
Can we find out?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by bismarcksea
It would seem that our current government is doing EVERYTHING it can to start a revolution.

WTF is wrong with those people?????

They WANT a revolution. What they cannot stomach is the thought of a RESTORATION of the Constitution.

Don't ever call it a revolution, because it won't be. It will be a RESTORATION of the Constitution.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
LOL!

Now that is a good line of bull. "legally bound" these are the same crooks that stole the bailout money and used it for bonuses.

Nothing is guaranteed, well except for death.

Originally posted by johnny2127

Every pension fund has a manager that is legally bound to do whats safest to achieve the goals of the pension fund. I manage a few pensions myself and if I could have a govt guarunteed investment at 8.5% a year, I would definitely put a portion of money in there. Not a large portion, but a piece.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Now I have a headache. This is so frustrating. I don't recognize America anymore.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I find it so ironic that so many people seemed "Outraged" when President Bush implemented the "Patriot Act" (which actually served an overall understandable purpose), yet now President Obama's actions dwarf this "issue" in comparison.

I am not attempting to play Partisan Bashing here folks, I am simply pointing out an honest observation. Make of it what you will.

I simply find it amazing that everyone was/has and some are still touting President Obama's "Glory", and "Hope", and "Change", and yet, here he is, along with the Senate, and House of Representatives, in their attempt to completely rob us of our Money, Rights, and Privacy.

This is NOT a Democrat, Independent, nor Republican issue, it is an American issue of Politicians NOT representing us, PERIOD.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot

Originally posted by bismarcksea
It would seem that our current government is doing EVERYTHING it can to start a revolution.

WTF is wrong with those people?????

They WANT a revolution. What they cannot stomach is the thought of a RESTORATION of the Constitution.

Don't ever call it a revolution, because it won't be. It will be a RESTORATION of the Constitution.

I would consider it a "Revolution" if more Americans would simply Wake-Up, stop Re-Electing Incumbents (simply based upon Name Recognition), and Actually show up at the Polls (In a recent Chairmanship for County Supervisors Election near where I live, only 15% of the Constituents even voted).

Our Founding Fathers gave us the ground work to Positively Influence our own Destiny, yet, why is it that we never take advantage of this very system?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Oh I can just see it now. Massive crowds in the millions surrounding the White House, rioting, yelling, chanting, and armed with all sorts of weapons, waiting to take out whoever votes to approve such a ridiculous proposal. They've taken "going way too far" to another dimension. The very idea is what puts the "ILL" in illogical. We all knew that nothing would surprise us as far as what Congress and the rest of Washington would do in response to this crisis and boy were we ever so right. Look, from now on, when people tell us about something ludicrous our government is planning to do, my first impulse will not be to write it off and something ludicrous. I will instead consider it a very real possibility. At this point, there should be no doubt that lunatics, not leaders, are running our government.

And by the way, I just want to point out that when I first created my signature way back in 2004, people were quick to dispute it. No one is disputing it now.

[edit on 2/10/2009 by Mr Knowledge]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2007
reply to post by David9176

i hear ya i can't stand that crackhead either. but he don't talk for to long. maybe 5 minutes or so then it goes to someone else then ron paul then bernanke starts talking.

nice little tid bit i learned tonight. congress can audit the fed but they can't edit any part that really matters. the fed's BALANCE SHEET WTF!?!?!?!?!?!

Hey come on now, do you not realize that Barney "Elmer Fudd" Frank is simply trying to be vewy vewy rascally in his hunt for our Money?

I cannot believe that he was actually sleeping with that Fanny Mae Executive (Herb Moses), and obviously had an influence in this ENTIRE debacle, yet he was re-elected. How gullible is everyone?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Knowledge
Oh I can just see it now. Massive crowds in the millions surrounding the White House, rioting, yelling, chanting, and armed with all sorts of weapons, waiting to take out whoever votes to approve such a ridiculous proposal. They've taken "going way too far" to another dimension. The very idea is what puts the "ILL" in illogical. We all knew that nothing would surprise us as far as what Congress and the rest of Washington would do in response to this crisis and boy were we ever so right. Look, from now on, when people tell us about something ludicrous our government is planning to do, my first impulse will not be to write it off and something ludicrous. I will instead consider it a very real possibility. At this point, there should be no doubt that lunatics, not leaders, are running our government.

And by the way, I just want to point out that when I first created my signature way back in 2004, people were quick to dispute it. No one is disputing it now.

[edit on 2/10/2009 by Mr Knowledge]

As far as your signature, America is FAR from the "Root" of ANY Evil. Politicians with Unlimited Terms are the Root of All Evil.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Its just a matter of time when every Americans savings , pension , 401 or whatever little nest egg they have will be gone. I guess thats when everyone will WAKE UP! Its called sacrifice . Didn't everyone hear that loud and clear? Its called redistribution of wealth( remember Joe the plumber).
Its what liberals call FAIR. You work hard for it , then THEY spend it where they see fit. Folks , if you thought you were getting change , you are and I dont think you'll like the change you get. As Obama says " I WON " . Yall voted for this, don't act like he didn't tell you, because I heard him say it :Sacrifice , redistribute wealth , Fairness. I guess you thought YOUR money was safe.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
My God...all of this energy put into complaining about something...countless research...excellent analysis...FOR NOTHING!

DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Write or call the guy!!!!

Washington, DC
2243 Rayburn House Office Building
House of Representatives
Washington, DC 20515
Phone: (202) 225-2601
Fax: (202) 225-1589

Bayside Office
218-14 Northern Boulevard
Bayside, NY 11361
Phone: (718) 423-2154