It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heroes...are they over their shark jump?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
First, have to say I love that Sylar pretty much owned the guys trying to capture him...and seems to be back to his bad self....but I hope his sidekick idea is short-lived... With Peter and Hiro out of the picture (power-wise), it pretty much only leaves Parkman as having a chance against Sylar...

The show may be getting back on track after it's previous jumping of the shark (i.e. basically having characters act in ways very unlike their established characters)...but only time will tell.

Peter seems to be able to hold on to only one power at a time, and Hiro has lost his powers (but last night's episode hinted at him needing a sword, to get them back).

Not sure if anyone caught it, but the text message to Claire was signed "Rebel", which I think was used by Parkman's "Speedster" gal pal...so maybe she isn't dead...(though why she'd not reveal this to Parkman is a bit of a mystery...)

Think they'll get it back on track? Or are we going to see it go more off the road?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
well i heard they fired the writer a while back and that why there was so much stupid character development like an EMO sylar lmao how dumb was that anyway. yes sylar with a protege seems unlikely but not completely unbelievable, he will probably kill him in the end anyway. i think its bad writing if the speedster is still alive i mean she got shot a couple of time and they seemed like they hit vital organs, but anyway.

PETER!! hmmm now why do you suppose they changed his power? well for one he was too powerful from a writers point of view and so was hiro. the 2 of them alone could solve any problem they had the power of gods so the writers must have decided that from a dramatic point of view it would not make much sense for them to have their full powers. if i had to guess i would say hiro will get the ability to stop time and maybe teleport but not travel through it. its makes the story lame if one of the characters can just go back in time and stop whatever bad thing just went on. might also explain why they killed the speedster off as she has the ability to travel back in time with the help of Ando.

sylar seems to be the only wild card. i think they use him to play the heroes off against when they need a villian and use him to balance the force so to speak when the bad guys are getting out of controll.

i did find the round up of mutants (for a lack of a better word) quite amusing. for any xmen fans this is right out of the original cartoons and comics where the sentinels were first created to round up mutants. anyway those are my thoughts.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

PETER!! hmmm now why do you suppose they changed his power? well for one he was too powerful from a writers point of view and so was hiro. the 2 of them alone could solve any problem they had the power of gods so the writers must have decided that from a dramatic point of view it would not make much sense for them to have their full powers

That's just it though...Sylar is equally unbalanced (even moreso these days) (think Superman vs. Batman with no Kryptonite in his utility belt)... I just didn't like that neither Peter nor Hiro seemed to really know how to use their powers to the fullest or in which situations to use which power...

Yeah, I'm thinking Sylar eventually gets over having a sidekick and gives the kid a labotomy, gaining the melting power (if he didn't already get it from watching the demonstration...which he likely did, as he learned that from "Sparky").

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

yeah but the reason sylar can be all powerful is because they need a supervillain that they can have like 5 on 1 or 7 on 1.

i do think its crap that peter lost his original power but im pretty sure the reason for that is because the writers would not have had much of a story to write about the season no in fact the whole show would end in 5 episodes.

peter flies around the world in close proximity to all mutants gains ultimate power and uses them to save or destroy the world. or hiro keeps going back in time and stopping every bad moment. it doesn't make for dramatic viewing.

lets see where the show goes from here but i have a suspicion that the writers are pretty much making this up as they go along.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I have not watched the new story arc yet. I do not think the show will be back, and I do not want to invest my time in a dead show. NBC is giving 5 hours to Jay Leno, and they will need room for their Law & Order shows, plus several others. Heroes costs too much money, with its large cast and special effects. I do want to sample their new show "Kings", as that does look interesting.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Seems the next episode is about our favorite G-Spook, HRG...
Not sure why it's needed, his reasons for helping Nathan are obvious (i.e. to preserve his pseudo-family), but apparently they don't think we get it...

Not that it matters, as Claire seems determined to not "play ball" anyhow...so you know she's back on the "list"...

Syler is still on the loose, so at least that's good. I really don't see how you'd capture the guy unless you used the Haitian or some kind of Psi ability to get in his head.....

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I think heroes was starting to get our of control and confusing for sure. But I think the start of this new chapted Fugitives has started very well! It's great so far!

[edit on 17-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

One of my major problems (and other fans) is that the dead do not stay dead. Why is Skylar still alive? None of the characters can die or even get injured as there is always a way to survive or get their powers back. Why watch a show when there is no real threat?

Enjoy the series now, as it will not get renewed. The ratings are terrible, and the show is very expensive to make.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

I seem to recall quite a few characters dying. So I'm a bit confused..

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

When I saw Syler (sorry about the spelling earlier) in the promos, I figure they are going to revive everyone else that has died. They have done it before, so they will do it again. I am just not going to invest my time in a show that is doomed.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I didn't think the show was dying. I'm really enjoying it, I thought the show was doing good, I had no idea...your scaring me now lol.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

The show's ratings have not recovered. The only reason you are seeing this arc is that NBC did not have anything else to replace it. Also, it was already shooting, and they are going to try to break even with DVD sales.

Start worrying if it is not renewed by the end of February. That is when most of the series are renewed. This is an ensemble series, so it is usually renewed before the actors contracts are taken care of.

It is too expensive, and NBC is going to dump 5 network hours by handing them over to Jay Leno. Law & Order and SVU will have their spots. There is going to be slim slots for expensive shows as Fridays and Saturdays are given to reality, reruns, or partnered shows.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Hmm interesting.

But are you sure your not just making your own predictions? how do you know for sure?I have heard about the ratings getting lower, but I also heard the plans of hoping that Volume 4 will get the ratings higher and that the original writers were coming back for it.

I have not read anything or seen any signs of the show ending..

I'm highly confident that there will be season 4. It's a great show with many fans. Unless of course you can show me something that would weaken my confidence

Thanks for the info, you might be right. But we will see in time.

Peace.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I am making the prediction the show will not be back. I am basing it on the show's performance in the ratings and other criteria. One thing I look at is when a show gets its renewal notice. Normally that time is late December through January. February means that they had to think about it, or make sure key cast members were wanting to do another season. If a show does not get renewed by February, that means there is trouble for it. Consider "Heroes" on the bubble in the basic sense of the term. I just don't think the network will spend the money to keep a lost cause going. Another trouble sign is NBC has ordered a bunch of pilots that could replace "Heroes".
I think the main problem is story arc 3 was supposed to be an improvement on the 2nd story arc. It turned out to be much worse, and people abandoned ship very quickly. They are trying to get them back, but it is a case of too little, too late.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
While I'd love to see it continue, I won't lose sleep if it doesn't...

I just really don't want to see more crime dramas though...I mean, jeez...enough already... I want escapism.... More comedies like Big Bang Theory would work though...

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I just saw the first epi of chapter 4, I really liked it.
I had no idea about the show not having good ratings, i've always liked it, maybe the problem is they're not heading anywere, (or atleast they're not letting onto us that they are) every season has gone in a completely different direction, unlike Lost you knew from day 1 there was going to be a significant ending to it, Heroes just doesn't feel there will be.

P.S. #124 explaines a little about who Rebel is.
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 23-2-2009 by Chukkles]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
It was neat to see Parkman get inside HRG's head....

Peter's still a wuss...I kind of have a sick urge to want to see Sylar saw open his head.... Sure, icing the G-man would be effectively ordering a "kill all mutants" directive....but he knew that going there...so he needed to decide that before doing so...instead of wussing out...

At least they confirmed the Speedster was still alive...kind of assumed that... Have to agree with an above poster though...some of the main names need to die (if just to weed out the cast budget), but also to get to an endgame, and break the idea of futility.....

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

LOL it was ironic that she was still alive after the comment about people coming back to life on heroes. Oh well I still enjoyed it!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

My problem is there is no suspense in the situation. It is like having a cliffhanger episode in which a person is holding a gun on Superman. We kind of know how that is going to end. How can people stay interested if there is no real danger involved? Unless it is done in the tone of James Bond, where most of the situations are outrageous in themselves, the characters being in a real danger is part of the drama.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Unless it is done in the tone of James Bond, where most of the situations are outrageous in themselves

Old school Bond...Craig's Bond is nothing more than a thug...

While Connery is arguably the best Bond...in watching some of the Pierce Brosnan movies again, for me, these films were the best all-around Bond films... Bond was elegant, but tough, and a touch of comedy. Gadgets were all over the place...the plots were worthy of Bond's attention (i.e. buying up some water supplies is NOT Bond-worthy Mr. Craig)... The action was always going, and the typical Bond-ludicrous situations played out.. Also, these movies had the traditional Bond-esque beginnings (i.e. every Bond fan knows, you have an opening situation scene...then go to the naked silhouettes, ending in the Bond through the camera lens opening)....

Ok, sorry for the stray topic....we'll have to see how Heroes plays out....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join