It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House: Census Director to 'Work Closely' with West Wing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

White House: Census Director to 'Work Closely' with West Wing

www.cqpolitics.com

“Requiring the census director to report directly to the White House and placing responsibility for administration of the Bureau outside the Department of Commerce may even violate federal law,” they wrote. “According to Title 13 of the U.S. Code, the Bureau is to be administered ‘within, and under the jurisdiction of, the Department of Commerce.’ ”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Is anyone else wondering where the media is on this? It seems like a pretty big deal if Obama wants to have some sort of control over the Census Bureau. I don't think I want Rahm Emanuel in control of what has traditionally been a non-political entity.

Its looking more and more like the media and white house are working to make this a one party country.

www.cqpolitics.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The media has been on this, especially Fox. Write your congressmen and complain, site the constitution, and tell them, if necessary, pass legislation. I think, in this case, I would contact legislators in other states, as well, just to let them know how you feel. They are not obligated to you, but if thy are flooded with letters from voters from other states, they might get the idea.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
this is an attempt by the left to jerrymander districts. they are trying to secure congress and the people in theyr front pockets

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I know it want make any difference, but I emailed the president at whitehouse.com. I had to log on with personal information, but at this point, I really don't care. Let them come for me. I will be ready.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I am starting to wonder if Obama is just "testing the waters" to see what he can get away with early. If no one notices then the real agenda will be put in place which will change the country in way that we'll never be able to recover from.

It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

[edit on 11-2-2009 by Anjin]

new topics

top topics

join