It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

republican explosion

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX

Yeah but will Mr Businessman use this tax break to hire more staff? Not usually, it will likely go straight into his pocket... thats why giving low income earners the tax break is the better thing to do because they will spend it (or most of it) on neccesities and basic luxuries, where as mr business man will likely use it to expand his multi million dollar mansion or buy a ferrari...

And that, my friend, is where we differ...In the belief in the human condition. Some will do that, yes, but I don't think humans, as a whole, are like that. I work for a company that is not a corporation. And believe me, the owner of the company loves the company much more then himself. If he had to get rid of his pay, he would. Everything he does is for the company, not for his wallet. I believe, to date, that this is typical of small business owners. And they're the ones who really benefit from a tax break. Microsoft can hire uber accountants to make it so their company only has to pay $5 a year (not fact, just made it up) A small business owner can't afford a team of accountants.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Mind you not all, I'm personally aware of THREE long term board members that LOVE 100% of being a Republican and admit no wrong or shame. Having said that, however, I'm aware that alot of conservatives here will be voting Bush regardless...

Who would those three "Repugnants" be RANT, I'm curious myself?

seekerof

[Edited on 14-4-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Sigh. It's so sad when someone regards their political beliefs as a religion and refuses to see the other side. Politics is not religion, countries change. God doesn't (though his message has to because we, as a civilization, do).

what are you talking about jake. The word conservative means to hold back. I wasn't talking about politics or religion,please I would never bring up religion. Its insulting.

P.S. Of course god changes,he decomposes more everyday. Its been dead for some time.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I've had plenty of words with you ashley, and while you have gotten better, this is a serious backtrack on your part.

Although time marches on, progress is not always needed, and even sometimes reversion is also needed. Conservatives recogize that fact while liberals seem to want to pile more wood in the fire. More and more and more and more.

I've had plenty of words with you ashley, and while you have gotten better, this is a serious backtrack on your part.

Although time marches on, progress is not always needed, and even sometimes reversion is also needed. Conservatives recogize that fact while liberals seem to want to pile more wood in the fire. More and more and more and more.

Jethro, what are you talking about also. You and Jake smoking the same stuff.
Why does someone that sees the retardation of conservatism all of a sudden become a liberal. Oh yeah, retardation isnt an insult. When you retard the timing on a vehicle you arent calling it stupid you' re just slowing it down. Conserving.
You should embrace your label and not get mad at people that know what it means.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashley
Sigh. It's so sad when someone regards their political beliefs as a religion and refuses to see the other side. Politics is not religion, countries change. God doesn't (though his message has to because we, as a civilization, do).

what are you talking about jake. The word conservative means to hold back. I wasn't talking about politics or religion,please I would never bring up religion. Its insulting.

I'm not saying you're talking religion. I'm saying you're holding your political views as a religion. Blind belief in your party no matter what evidence is presented to you.

And I know you're going to tell me the same thing about my Christian Faith. I didn't come to faith easy, and I challenge you to make any arguement against my faith that I cannot respond to. I've done my research.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

And that, my friend, is where we differ...In the belief in the human condition. Some will do that, yes, but I don't think humans, as a whole, are like that. I work for a company that is not a corporation. And believe me, the owner of the company loves the company much more then himself. If he had to get rid of his pay, he would. Everything he does is for the company, not for his wallet. I believe, to date, that this is typical of small business owners. And they're the ones who really benefit from a tax break. Microsoft can hire uber accountants to make it so their company only has to pay $5 a year (not fact, just made it up) A small business owner can't afford a team of accountants.

Of course once you throw in the Human factor, any idealology (political or religious) can be made to look really bad... any political idealology that looks good in theory wont be so grand in practice, i feel if tax breaks were given it should benefit small business owners and the lower income earners, which is why it shouldny be given to someone coz their a business or an individual, but should be given solely by how much is earned... lower income earners should be given the breaks as they need them more than the high income earners...

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Jethro, what are you talking about also. You and Jake smoking the same stuff.
Conserving.
You should embrace your label and not get mad at people that know what it means.

Guess you missed it. I'll illuminate you.

Intelligence
1) The capacity to acquire and apply knowledge.
2) The faculty of thought and reason.

I find faults in the thinking of liberal programs, and sometime in people, but not liberalism in general.

I'm sorry but your position sucks because you are equating yourself with the idiots who say liberals are communists and conservatives are selfish homophobes.

It speaks to your limited thinking.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   

what are you talking about jake. The word conservative means to hold back.

no, it means to keep tradition, avoid excess, to preserve a belief or to resist change, more so if it isnt needed or if it works.

holding back is not being conservative, its being stubborn.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   

A "Republican" explosion?

Or just a "Conservative" one?

I've noticed over time that even the most "dyed in the wool" Republicans that venture to ATS and stick around for a bit eventually admit somewhere, on some post, when cornered, and faced with gnawing off a limb or recanting one thing about "Republicans" will a majority of the time begrudgingly say...

"Well, I'm not really a Republican, I'm an Independent or a LIBERTARIAN *cough, cough*"

Mind you not all, I'm personally aware of THREE long term board members that LOVE 100% of being a Republican and admit no wrong or shame. Having said that, however, I'm aware that alot of conservatives here will be voting Bush regardless...

But I'm just letting you know, if you ever admitted on any post, anywhere on ATS that Bush and the Republicans aren't perfect...and you're REALLY less of a Republican than an X, Y or Z.... I made a mental note for future reference.

Tit for tat... I will say I'm NOT an Independent and NOT a LIBERTARIAN as I am a 100% YELLOW DOG DEMOCRAT and proud of every plank in the platform...

Can anyone else say the same about the platforms they'll be voting? Don't lie. God is watching. :shk:

RANT
I have followed quite a few of the threads that you post on and you seem more like you come from a Liberal perspective. (Once again that is only an observation)

Why is it that the majority of Liberals , Al Franken and Janeane Garofalo excluded, are ashamed to admit that?

Please don't answer.. it's rhetorical!

I do find it interesting though that you describe yourself as YELLOW.

[Edited on 4-15-2004 by krankinkx]

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by krankinkx

A "Republican" explosion?

Or just a "Conservative" one?

I've noticed over time that even the most "dyed in the wool" Republicans that venture to ATS and stick around for a bit eventually admit somewhere, on some post, when cornered, and faced with gnawing off a limb or recanting one thing about "Republicans" will a majority of the time begrudgingly say...

Tit for tat... I will say I'm NOT an Independent and NOT a LIBERTARIAN as I am a 100% YELLOW DOG DEMOCRAT and proud of every plank in the platform...

Can anyone else say the same about the platforms they'll be voting? Don't lie. God is watching. :shk:

[Edited on 4-15-2004 by krankinkx]

Well, I'll admit to being a Republican. But most of my life I identified with the Democratic party. My entire family was Democratic, western Pennsylvanian coal miners and steel workers. Republicans back then were almost like foreigners; you might have a friend that was one, but you ran with the Democrats.

Why was I a Democrat? Back then, they stood for something. You could easily rattle off what they stood for, and what they accomplished, and what their plan was to make things better. The candidates showed up at the summertime cookouts. You knew them.

Today, however, things have changed. Democrats seem like so much vapor-ware; you don't know what their plan is for making things better. The Democratic party is a shadow of it's former self. They have no strong leaders that can inspire people.

IMO, Joe Lieberman was a very good candidate. Admittedly, he isn't an Alpha-male type of guy, but he is as honest a politician as is out there. He's experienced and intelligent. He is definitely a guy who knows how to work a compromise with the Republicans.

But he's been labeled a whore in this very forum precisely for his ability and willingness to compromise. His candidacy got the cold shoulder from his own running mate, Gore. Go figure.

So why am I Republican? Mainly because of national security; I shiver at the thought of asking the UN permission to defend ourselves, as I know Kerry would do.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Who would those three "Repugnants" be RANT, I'm curious myself?

Hey, I didn't say "Repugnant".
It was just a flip observation from thinking about it. Off the top of my head, I could think of three people from here, that I'm 99% sure would never back down from being Republican. They aren't Independent, not Libertarian...and Bush, Cheney (even Halliburton) do no wrong and are completely defensible.

And since posting that I haven't seen much in the way of other people rushing to claim Republican pride to contradict me on my admittedly low estimate.

Are you the first?

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I'm begining to rethink the fact that I am a registered Independant....I may actually change my political affiliation to Republican!!!

Thank you Rant for making me want to distance myself from the Liberal left that much more!!!

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
no, it means to keep tradition, avoid excess, to preserve a belief or to resist change, more so if it isnt needed or if it works.

That is ridiculous, Lets use your current leader as an example.
What tradition is he keeping. The tradition of war, please I think we could all do without that. The tradition of bankrupting businesses he is involved in, I think we could do without that. The tradition of secrecy, I think we could do without that. The tradition of proudly being un-educated, I think we could do without that.

Avoid excess,what? How about alcoholism,drug abuse,war,money,ignorance,lies.

To preserve a belief, is tradition,thank you.

To resist change, We should resist all the changes being made currently. None of these changes are needed or neccesary.

Talk about being stubborn, look at this idiot. You must of not seen the triumphant return of G.W. the other night. The guy is a mule, just stupider.

Conservatism, hah.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   

That is ridiculous, Lets use your current leader as an example.
What tradition is he keeping. The tradition of war, please I think we could all do without that. The tradition of bankrupting businesses he is involved in, I think we could do without that. The tradition of secrecy, I think we could do without that. The tradition of proudly being un-educated, I think we could do without that.

Avoid excess,what? How about alcoholism,drug abuse,war,money,ignorance,lies.

To preserve a belief, is tradition,thank you.

To resist change, We should resist all the changes being made currently. None of these changes are needed or neccesary.

Talk about being stubborn, look at this idiot. You must of not seen the triumphant return of G.W. the other night. The guy is a mule, just stupider.

Conservatism, hah.

Your assumation is rediculous as well as misguilded. You seemt he type that would see that a black man robbed a 7-11 near your home and decided that on that example to hate black men.

Sounds rediculous when you change the character types doesn't it?

Fact is, is that there are plenty of conservatives who do not live by the beliefs put forth. But is this not true about the democratic party? Clinton was certainly not a fair example of a Democrat.

When you judge a group by a few, you are setting yourself down a dangerous road.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Your assumation is rediculous as well as misguilded. You seemt he type that would see that a black man robbed a 7-11 near your home and decided that on that example to hate black men.

Fact is, is that there are plenty of conservatives who do not live by the beliefs put forth. But is this not true about the democratic party? Clinton was certainly not a fair example of a Democrat.

When you judge a group by a few, you are setting yourself down a dangerous road.

Hey jughead,can you please stop mispelling everything as well as misthinking everything. I am not a horse, i cant be misuilded.LOL
Thats rediculous? If you are a conservative not living by the beliefs, are you really a conservative?

You know Clinton may have been a good example of a democrat.
The guy could get a BJ and run a country. Your leader obviously cant do either. Is Laura still running stop signs and killing people.

By the way i dont use spellcheck, I think its cheating.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey jughead,can you please stop mispelling everything as well as misthinking everything. I am not a horse, i cant be misuilded.LOL
Thats rediculous? If you are a conservative not living by the beliefs, are you really a conservative?

You know Clinton may have been a good example of a democrat.
The guy could get a BJ and run a country. Your leader obviously cant do either. Is Laura still running stop signs and killing people.

By the way i dont use spellcheck, I think its cheating.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Wow ashley, although I did get a chuckle out of your snipe at bush there I can't help to wonder what you are doing here? Are the politics in your country so dull that you have to come here to comment on the politics of other countries?

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by J0HNSmith
Wow ashley, although I did get a chuckle out of your snipe at bush there I can't help to wonder what you are doing here? Are the politics in your country so dull that you have to come here to comment on the politics of other countries?

He evidently has to post every nonsensical post twice. Guess we didn't get a good laugh the first time.

It's funny though that because one is a conservative, or disagrees with a liberal, he must be sucking GW's dick.

Ashley, I hate Bush. He can officially kiss my ass.

Actually, you can too (figuratively of course).

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Ashley, I hate Bush. He can officially kiss my (c).

Actually, you can too (figuratively of course).

Sounds gay to me.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I live in the united states. Any other things you wonder about?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join