It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of dolphins mysteriosly swarm shallow waters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
"This is the first time as far as I can remember that so many dolphins are inside Manila Bay and acting so erratically," said Malcolm Sarmiento, director of the Philippines' Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources.

Volunteers and rescue workers kept them from beaching and were using about 20 boats to push them back toward deeper waters.

"We prevented a massive stranding. We're now trying to find out what exactly is causing this strange behavior," Sarmiento said.

Is it from underwater quakes? Or is the leader of the pack sick? What could make them react like this?

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
They do a LOT of cyanide fishing in the Phillipines, perhaps the dolphins were gathering in shallower water to, not die.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Good point.
Then again, maybe the magnetic field of the Earth has something to do with it.
It's going a bit bonkers at the moment apparently, and if dolphins navigate using the Earth's magnetic field, as some people believe........

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Illegal Alien

Where did you read that the Earth's magnetic field acting strangely? If this is the case, I would say that it is most likely the cause of this incident.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Maybe they were coming to shallow water in search of refuge from some type of pollution, disaster, etc.

Do you think maybe they were looking for humans to assist them? Dolphins aren't dumb, and they know that humans aren't dumb either, if they were in trouble(or we were) do you think they would come to shallow water to be spotted by us?

Just a thought I had.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Daniem

I dont know whats going on but today in my local paper they were talking about weird behavior in birds and that the are leaving normal areas and flying far north where they have never been before. I guess we better keep a eye on things because animals are a good indicator of things to come and they can sense things diffrent in our enviroment that we cant.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Dolphins use eco location extensively, as almost everyone knows. It's theorized that they can actually see by it, ie that eco location gives them a 3d mental image of the surrounding environment. It is also theorized that they can talk by it, ie the same signals used to define a fish can be repeated and used as a word.

Now, taking the above system into consideration, something which possibly took millions of years of evolution, imagine the implications of a few hundred monkeys in a dark grey tin, either submerged or floating, blasting these poor critter's natural environment with a sonar signal probably many times louder and less defined than their own.

Yes, we give them migraines worse than any PMS on dry land. That's my bet for explaining these phenomenons.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I'm going to put my money on some large natural disaster is going to happen soon and they know it.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Seems like they must have sensed an imminent earthquake.
A magnitude 7.0 just happened off the coast of the Philippines with an aftershock of 5.5

The past few weeks have been very quiet in this region which normally has several magnitude 5 - 6 quakes per week. It will be interesting to see if the dolphins return to the deeper waters now or if they stay in the bay. That may give us an indication as to if stronger quakes are building up for that area.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
This is always due to military sonar. These dolphins are trying to escape the painful noise these sonar systems create. Another sign that the military is the most evil force on the planet.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by spoge

Yhea the military will always deny it, and will probably every so often do a half hearted biased study into it but my money is on a sub or two playing war games near there... Remember they don't actaully have to be right up close to the dolphins, in the right layer of water and with the currents etc the sonar can travel a very long way.

new topics

top topics

join