It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overwhelming sense of doom today, Feb. 10,2009

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

It can be perceived as a complete loss, but there's always the other choice to see it as a complete unburdening of material weight, complete freedom. Given the circumstances, I'd choose the latter. We all have the bredth of intellect to change our perceptions at the drop of a hat. Why be depressed about this stuff when you can simply change your perceptions?

Before you start on how I obviously know nothing about true suffering and the loss of everything, let me assure you that I know all too well. I've spent a lifetime learning to unlearn the nasty emotional habit of attachment and keeping all that "baggage". But I've finally succeeded in relinquishing all my worldly goods to those who want them. The stories that go with all those unfortunate events of my life hitherto are also relegated to the four winds. I have no use for them. I'm keeping the lesson but the rest of it is of no use.

Perhaps there's a spiritual lesson for these people, for everyone. Sometimes it takes bitter medicine to cure what ails you.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

No need, it is me who should apoligize, i forget that peopl do not think at all alike me and would be quite easily offended, death is death is death, but yeah I dont really hate everyone, just th west.
And as for the americans that are insulted CRY ME A RIVER, seriously you stole your country, killed and discredited the natives(just like Australia) and now attempt to impose your beliefs on nation far older then yours, And you(americans and australians) all stem from ENGLAND, thats why I hate so passionately you 3, But yes especially America, Not just Bush, as since yuo belive you live in a democracy, at least 50% of your population must have voted for him, I do not hate honest americans that dont buy into all that stars n stripes patriotic BS, But unfornuately you are so few, even on this website for those think outside the normal boundaries, theyr are bible bashers and Bald eagles all over, it seems none of you can see just what a parasite your nation really is, invading country after country in the name of peace, trying to say WMDs are bad, yet yourselves being the only nation to have ever actually used not one but two, in the history of war, and having what the supposed 2nd largest stockpile in the world, and thats assuming that what they say is true, even though most of your nation cant count how up past 50.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Breaker

Ok, I see now that you are poorly educated, and this is the reason for your dismal outlook. You would think someone would want to learn the history of the country they live in. Please refer to my previous post, and remember to close your mouth when you breath.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Ok Im not defending Shadow for his anti US statements (he seems capable of doing that himself Im sure) but he has stated he's from Western Australia and he has stated its the govs that are the prob and us people for following our govs so blindly.

I need to ask though Why is your signature 'can we still blame bush for everything'? Thats a bit anti American in itself isnt it?! Also its along the same lines as what Shadow is saying Its the people in power that are the problem

Personally Ive never been to the US and so I will not cast such judgements on your people As for your government I think its just as corrupt as ours and stinks!

PS - I am visiting your country for the 1st time ever in April for my birthday (Las Vegas) and I really cant wait. I look forward to seeing your country and meeting more of its people! We are humans first and Americans, Aussies, Welsh second (think it was you that said that wasnt it shadow?!)

Addition - just saw Shadows last post and ok maybe he does hate the people as much as the gov I wont defend that but try to see past the hate and the rant cos there are a few good valid points in there. I guess I hate the English - not as individuals but as a people - but Im welsh so it goes without saying and now Im rambling so.......

[edit on 10/2/09 by mrvalleyboy]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mrvalleyboy

I am pretty sure he said he was from Israel, but could be wrong.

My signature is a joke, as many people blamed everything they could possibly think of on Bush, even if it didn't come close to being related. So who are they to blame their problems on now? Certainly not the golden boy Obama. But that is for another thread.

And congratulations on your trip to Vegas! I hope that you are 21 =) If you like to drink and gamble you will have a wonderful time, and either way I am certain you will meet some wonderful people!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

I have alot of prolific dreams when I actually get sleep and sometimes when I wake I have a sense of dread. Can you remember what you where dreaming about? Have you watched any movies or shows lately that could have caused you to have a dream about it and hold over the emotions when you awoke due to how badly it made you feel?
You should always consider these things when you get feelings like these as more times than not it is simply from a dream state that has caused us great emotional turmoil. xoxo stacie

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I was born in israel and moved to Western Australia when I was 15. And over there, we call the US terroriists. Media is run by the government in control, what you have learnt all your life is as wrong as what I learnt and almost every nation, dont say for me to learn my history, at least my nation has history, yours is stolen country. you have no history.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve

I am pretty sure he said he was from Israel, but could be wrong.

My signature is a joke, as many people blamed everything they could possibly think of on Bush, even if it didn't come close to being related. So who are they to blame their problems on now? Certainly not the golden boy Obama. But that is for another thread.

And congratulations on your trip to Vegas! I hope that you are 21 =) If you like to drink and gamble you will have a wonderful time, and either way I am certain you will meet some wonderful people!

Ok not 100% on his origins - maybe he will enlighten us!? As for your signature, my apologies I misinterpreted it completely and I totally see your point - thats why I erred on the side of caution when I mentioned it and didnt jump down your throat!

Yes Im over 21 I do like a drink yet Im by no means a gambling man (Im sure I'll have a flutter) Before the weekend just gone (where I won £60 on Wales beatin Scotland in the rugby) I can count on one hand how many times Ive gambled (and still have a few fingers spare) Anyway this is going off topic but I just cant wait for the experience of a lifetime and to meet some great people - lets be honest Americans may have a bad rap but are there many more welcoming and polite people on the planet?!

Have a nice day now!!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Oh dear. Here we are at Britain again. How absolutely rife with irony.

I have to stop here before I go off on a tangent. If anyone else would like to set this lad straight, please feel free to do so. I don't have the heart.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Wow that is hilarious. Your here calling me an E-hero while you threaten to cut my tongue out. Hilarious. You are telling me I stole this country from the Native Americans, yet you are living here too. Hilarious. You are telling me I have no culture and have done nothing with my life, mean while you are a 20 year old drunk and drug addict that spends all his time at the beach. Hilarious.

First, educate your self son, because you are spouting ignorance and anyone with half a brain can see it. Second quit making threats that you cannot back up because you will never meet me to have the chance to cut my tongue out. Third, assuming everyone is less then you will get you no where in life, and in fact will make you go backwards.

I am a 28 year old business owner that travels to Asia 2-3 times a year in order to keep certain Americans working, meanwhile your on the beach smoking and drinking and talking trash about the country you live in, and the people you live next to. One day, someone will put you in your place I am sure of that.

Yes I do love my country, and I really do believe it is the best in the world. I am sorry you don't feel that way, and I hope one day you grow up and take some responsibility for your actions. I'm done with you and your kind.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Wow I left for awhile and can't believe you guys let this "normal 20-year-old" doped-up kid hijack this thread like this. Too much of this happening at ATS now, just like the cops, where is a moderator when you need one??

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Can't remember any bad dreams last night. I am a lucid dreamer, and I almost always remember my dreams. That's why I asked for help today. This is a strange feeling for me. I have awoke sad before because bad dreams, but most of my dreams are happy and cool.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg

Oh dear. Here we are at Britain again. How absolutely rife with irony.

I have to stop here before I go off on a tangent. If anyone else would like to set this lad straight, please feel free to do so. I don't have the heart.

I believe it would do no good, because even if you tried to educate this potty mouth he would not listen. He is not interested in real history, he would rather spout catch phrases. He has no clue what he is speaking of and it is obvious, it is a total waste of breath, and I am as guilty as he is for fighting with him.

OP im so sorry for derailing your thread, I have said my piece and I am done. Please accept my apologies, I just can't stand to see my home treated so poorly. Bad or good, it is my home and I love it.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Well Ive tried to put Shadows comments in the best poss light However any attempts I made have now been blown out of the water by shadow himself (damn you really do rant boy)

All I will say though is to try and look past his ranting and see some of the valid points he makes. I for one was too ignorant to consider the East sees the US & UK as the terrorists even though I knew this war wasnt totally legit

I will say this to you though Shadow and you can take it or leave it Im not here to tell you how you should behave but if you want people to listen to you dont insult them because they will switch off and take no notice of anything you say. I may be a human before anything but if that was directed at us Welsh (ok Wales couldnt do the things America does) I wouldnt have reacted too well to it at all! We've got the 'little guy' or 'underdog' syndrome here in Wales though cos we're a tiny nation! (best flag in the world though - sorry had to get that in guys hehe)

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I had to hit the old ignore button on shadow. His hatred doesn't belong in this thread.
Just wanted to mention to you, my family comes from Wales. They came over in the 1800's. I just recently found this out while researching my heritage. I have to say, I am a very proud American, and I love this country, but I am also proud of my lineage.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
Wow I left for awhile and can't believe you guys let this "normal 20-year-old" doped-up kid hijack this thread like this. Too much of this happening at ATS now, just like the cops, where is a moderator when you need one??

I don't think anyone "let" him do anything bro...

Dude wanted to troll, so dude trolled...

Unfortunately for some ATS members, arguing WITH trolls is more fun for them than arguing with logical, respectful, members.

The nicest threads hardly get 2 or 3 posts...

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Yes did whole thing did get blown out of quickly but you gotta understand in the east eyes and their media it is a exact mirror of what you see on tv, Bush is the dictator not Saddam, you are terrorist invading countries stealing rescouces and using profits to buy weapons to invade more, I dont actually mind Wales, yall have them sick accents, and are more I'd say are proper celts, Owain led your people against the english.

As for spouting ignorance, I am simply presenting the otherside. youse all see the extreme west side, I am simply showing how those with a eastern mind see the world.And dont say I dont know history, I'm pretty sure I know history alot better then having studied it for 4 years in uni and most of my teenage life, and it is because of my knowledge of history, not just my knowledge on what FOX news gives me I have "extreme views"

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

This is a strange feeling for me. I have awoke sad before because bad dreams, but most of my dreams are happy and cool.

Maybe you had a prophetic dream about a little bad mouthed toddler was going to invade this thread and pull everyone off topic?

No, all kidding aside, I'm also a lucid dreamer and I too feel *off* when I know I've had dreams I can't remember (which is very very rare).

I hope you can pass the time between now and tomorrow in some state of peace, find a way to overcome the feelings you're experiencing at the moment.

You're in my thoughts and sending you all the brightness I can I mean it’s not worth much but it's about all I can do from here...

peace!

silo

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join