It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overwhelming sense of doom today, Feb. 10,2009

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I can't help but feel something ominous hanging over my head today. I'm sorry I can't name anything specific. The only thing I can say is that I keep hearing what sounds like hundreds or thousands of people screaming. I just keep associating Tuesday,Feb. 10th with something bad every time I see it. I was wondering if anyone else felt this way today, and if they could help sort through this anxiety.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by sickofitall2012]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Nothing bad is going to happen today. The only thing that will probably happen is some random kid will be taken off to jail because the cops found drugs in there back pocket.

Just relax and try to take a nice long nap.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

I don't usually pay attention to the alarm threads but I have the same feeling you describe, today more than ever. Maybe it is just from reading too much bad news.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
It's Wednesday here and besides the hundreds of people dead and injured from the bushfires that have been burning since the weekend in Victoria nothing major has happened.

But I guess you were just talking about USA, coz the rest of us aren't particularly important...?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I really don't see the need to bash me for absolutely no reason. I am completely aware of the tragedy, and I am so angry with those that set those fires. I can't help what I feel.
By your tone, I guess your another American hater?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
i've been feeling really positive today, like some how the world is all right, its rare for i speak of the DOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM almost every day, yet this morning i woke happy and sort of sure that things would be ok.

I dunno, maybe it was the obama press conference last night? that did make me realize that obama is a really, really clever and well grounded guy -he's also playing the good guys game. for the first time in ages i feel that maybe the world won't end in flames.

hope this helps

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Well it is Feb 11th on my side of the world!! Nothing bad happened on the 10th

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I just remember something. I've been having a reoccuring dream that an EMP happened. In my dream the EMP happen on the day my parents were suppose to come get me from college. I was setting in my last class for the day when it happen.

Well today, I'm going home to visit and my parents are coming to get me later today. The thing is they are coming to get me after my class is over.

I can't believe I forgot about that dream.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NatureBoy

I kinda have the same feeling NatureBoy, although it's not because of Obama...I didn't see the address on tv. I've been purposely leaving the tv switched off as much as I can recently, so maybe that's why I'm happier today!

Sometimes the doom mongers can really get to us, and we forget that a tiny percentage of predictions acutally come to pass, although I do watch and take note or patterns and the theories that surface that *might* be useful. And I have had my own dreams of Sit X too....scarily real, but more related to my own state of mind at the time, I think. I hope so anyway.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I too feel positive today which is not always the case. Perhaps its my recent aversion to the media, perhaps it is my choice to abstain from alcohol consumption, perhaps its because I have a clearly defined goal this year... Who knows? What I do know is that the doom and gloom mentality can and will have a negative impact physically and mentally if one lacks the ability to shed it.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
hmmm, probably nothing but fell compelled to add that I had a particularly vivid dream about a tsunami this morning. I actually saw it in my dream and I woke up thinking about how amazing it is that the human brain can accurately reproduce the complexities involved in wave and fluid dynamics... looked real to me!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I'm another one on the side of positivity. I feel like everything is going swimmingly, absolutely perfectly. Maybe those "unfortunate" events are part of the plan. Maybe this is exactly as it should be.

So be it.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Shadow Breaker....really you might want to edit your post and develop a little more sensitivity very quickly. With only 10 points, I guess you might not realise that it's not such a good idea to be so blunt about your opinions here. I hope the Mods get to you before the Aussies.

The edit button is at the top of your post....

Edit to add....this is the bit I mean...

A bushfire oh no, a hundred dumb farmers who were too ignorant to listen to authorities when they said to evacuate got burnt, they picked their house over their own family's well being,

Cait x

[edit on 10-2-2009 by caitlinfae]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012

I really don't see the need to bash me for absolutely no reason. I am completely aware of the tragedy, and I am so angry with those that set those fires. I can't help what I feel.
By your tone, I guess your another American hater?

Nope not an American hater (look at avatar)

I think Shadow breaker might be though, anyway my point is, as shadow breaker so eloquently pointed out, there is always something bad happening somewhere.

So in a way your feeling of doom is correct by default.

Sorry if I came off rude, the situation with the bush fires has been a bit trying.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Breaker
Oh Cry cry bushfire bill, and you too McAmerica boy, the world has its problems constantly, WAH!! A bushfire oh no, a hundred dumb farmers who were too ignorant to listen to authorities when they said to evacuate got burnt, they picked their house over their own family's well being, Stuff happens everyday overseas, in the middle east and Africa you probably dont give two shiits about or even realize, so don't go telling off some dumb yank for not realizing the pitiful excuse for news on this hell hole island.
And you uncle sam, THE WHOLE FRIGGIN WORLD HATES YOU, and its not your fault, seriously, its your governments for censoring and changing events in the world as they see fit, seriously you know in the middle east, its americans that they call Terrorists??? bet you didnt, not many westeners do(I didn't for a long time)but its true, terrorists really are freedom fighters, fighting to destroy the opression that the red blue and white nations have put on this rock.
In closing this was a pointless thread, I have a bad effin feeling everyday, watching the brain paralyzing #e, australian british and american media regurgitates on my televison makes me want to kill myself, or strap explosives to my chest and show you what a real tragedy is, but I dont and I dont right a thread about it.

....until now.

Let me get this straight..You think people staying back to prevent their livelihood being destroyed is dumb?
A whole town burnt to the ground is dumb?

Somehow I don't think so. Yeah some had an early warning but a lot didn't have much time at all to get out.

You're also forgetting the hundreds who did get out but still lost everything. What about them? Are they dumb too?

In short I think you're a total waste of space, and reading the rubbish you type has killed a few thousand brain cells.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

I don't know if anything is imminent, but looks and feels like something is definitely getting closer.

There is a definite up-tick in the "anomalies" that chase me around 24/7, and I'm shaking uncontrollably, so they seem to feel a sense of urgency here... like lets make this guy look crazy a little sooner...

I don't know, maybe February, March kind of deal. I'm not sure.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

IM FROM WA!!!!

Anyways, yes people lost there lives, but seriously in what happens with the world everyday, people who picked material possesions over their lives aren't really all that bright, clearing the genepool is never bad, Seriously you get word a ragin huge bushfire is coming your way and fire crews are unable to stop it, what do you do?
A. Grab as many prized possesions as you can, leave your hose on and drive like crazy?
B. Stand on your roof, with your green hose spraying at the fire and praying????

If firefighters couldnt stop it, then what were the chances they were going to??? Defending your home sounds noble, but even a dog knows when to run.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Umm i think this guy may be an Aussie himself (Shadowbreaker). Heres a link to his thread which has yet to receive any replies

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think what he said in this thread may have been a bit of a rant and poss uncalled for. However he has something worth discussing in this thread I think so it may be worth a look.

As for my own feelings. Ive been quite negative in the past and its only recently Ive been pro-actively been trying to think positive. Not just for my own sake but for the sake of the collective conciousness. Today though, nothing out of the ordinary to report.

The closest I have is a dream I had the other night of being drafted to war and the last thing I remember of it was being marched towards a set of steel doors (all suited up and armed with automatic rifles - unlike anything Ive seen before - not that Im an arms expert but you get the idea) whilst I said "goodbye" and "I love you so much" to my mother who was crying herself stupid as I marched off - horrible dream!! It was only about a minutes worth of 'footage' but wow was it vivid I can even remember the feeling of me and a guy I work with putting our heads on each others shoulder in sorrow before we went through the doors! I have no idea what was on the other side!

I think something is coming too! Again, Im trying to stay positive about it and visualise a positive event!

[edit on 10/2/09 by mrvalleyboy]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join