It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mainstream Beliefs ( And They Dare Call Us Insane)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The constant attacks from MSM on fellow members seeking out answers to their true reality had me thinking about mainstream beliefs & values and here are my conclusions.

Mainstream beliefs are that we are put on this planet by a good and just God (Grin)

If we live our life and follow all of Gods rules we will go to heaven and be grace by him forever.

If we screw up we are going to hell and roast for eternity and that this hell is run by a former buddy of God but they had a falling out.

Now comes the funny bits another main stream group believe in this God and Devil business but have fine tuned it a little to add that if you died as a martyr you get a direct pass to the pearly gates and a whole bunch of virgin to past the time with my question here is what do the women folk who died as martyrs get?
And living with 72 women for eternity is not my idea of paradise but rather a sex slave.

Now taking this idea further would not an eternity with anyone even God get boring after the first say million years( maybe that what happened to the Devil)

Would the Devil not get a little bored roasting souls forever, And how exactly do you roast a soul?.

Readers bear with me this are not my Ideas but Mainstream who say we are all whack Jobs .

If the very priests who teach these belief really believed it themselves don't you think logic would be that none of them should practice the dark art of pedophilia.

Now we look at the other living things on our planet such as animals and plants what are their purpose because main stream say only good humans are going to heaven. anything in the animal kingdom is a lower life form and not worthy , so what is the point of these creatures existence?

Then we take main stream beliefs that we are alone in this universe that planet Earth is the only planet to have intelligent life ( Grin sorry folks ) on it and that we are the masters of our universe.
And by Gods grace we are the only evolved and humane race around ( yeah sure)

My question is was there nothing smarter than us in the universe before we came along and will there be nothing smarter than a human once we are all gone one day.
What would the point be to this , Mainstream people.?

Get you ego out of your backside and look at you mainstream belief for what they are fantasy.

And let us who wish to find a logical answer to our true purpose to so without your insane comments.

Peace and hope

Smokingman

[edit on 10-2-2009 by smokingman2006]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
The one thing that puzzled me about this "not the op" but the content "that i agree with".. is this

Why did god make us? then wait afew thousand or million years.. only to send down his son to say do as ur told or go to hell "the lot of us"...

I mean i dont get it? wtf is armagedon is that mass transit into heaven??

and another point also.. if he was so "perfect" and made us all in his image.. or likeness

Hes got a pretty # sens of humour dont you think?

God : Mannnn im so bored being the supream being.. think ill make a universe and put man in it then give him a dylema he will never understand like armagedon heaven hell "afterlife" im geussing after life is some kinda motel or pitstop befor you go to haven or hell (grin)... Then he sent his "son" does that mean god has a wife? lol or are we all bastards?

get wat am saying? if jesus was the son of god what does that make humans??? pets? LOL...

its totaly BUNK..

S+F

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
The real truth is I think they just get accustomed to the stories but dont really believe them literally. But the preachers prey upon people like this because they dont need any proof anyway. They just like pretty fairy tales. Im sure there is a god or gods but something was certainly lost in the translation. Some religions wont even touch the subject of aliens and the like and wont go near reincarnation. Which is way off base since no one has come back telling anyone what really the afterlife is like so how can you be so sure there is no reincarnation? So stop askin questions, just pass the collection plate!!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Great idea SmokingMan...!

Lets make a list:

1) If things are going bad in your life kneel down and close your eyes, then you can speak to this Father and Son team who sometimes listen. The son was killed over 2000 years ago but he can still hear you, then he does magic and makes things better again.

2) Human beings are humane, yet daily watch the slaughter and imprisonment of millions of animals.

3) Governments give money to the electorate. FALSE: they just move money around.

4) There are these pieces of paper which have symbols on them. If you accumulate them you will have control over others. If you do not have enough of them you may not eat.

Crazy crazy planet.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
And and, crud, I could go on forever...

Don't worry everyone, be happy. The little followers of dogma have no spirit, only the brain given them in the animal body. Which reminds me:

They are being used just like they use domestic animals, only they also don't know the reality behind it. They are being kept in humaneros (chicken coops) for the Watchers, the lovely Melchizedek's, who created/inspired every nations' form of religious beliefs, and who have inspired the masons, the rosicrucians, etc., etc., etc..

And remember, god loves humans...(they're delicious!).

[edit on 10-2-2009 by SS,Naga]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
When you talk about the bible most people go with the current view of society and the church as it relates to the wants of the people or the control of the masses.

As you grow in life every time you read that bible it should be telling you something different on a level of understanding you have reached. It's not the bible that is so terrible but the understanding or should I say lack of understanding that is taught to people that set there and listen to the preacher every Sunday morning.

One thing we shouldn't forget what ever you may call the stories in the bible there is always some fact or truth in there. You have to find that truth and throw out all the garbage added in by men that couldn't understand what they were reading.

The kjv is probably one of the worst accurate bibles around. The change of one word can make people go off in the wrong direction.

As for Jesus here's the way I see it..many might not agree with me but its my thoughts at the moment. Jesus was a human just like us. Christ was the holy spirit. I guess you could say the Christ spirit was a walkin. After all its said that they could see the holy spirit descend on Jesus after John baptisted him. Today with UFO's and aliens coming to the forefront of peoples minds you can ask what exactly was the holy spirit that descended on Jesus?

The bible talks about slaves. Now we think of slavery as something we have invented. I've read these terra papers that people on this site talk about. If you read them then slaves is what mankind was created to be for the most part.

What your mind set is will define on how you see what is wrote in the bible. Maybe thats why Jesus kept saying let them with ears that hear, hear and eyes that see see. Maybe mainstream doesn't see or hear?

link   
reply to post by HiAliens

Yes your right People should feel free to add all the other stupid Ideas mainstream people believe it and I'm sure I have missed many.

Then if they come lurking here and see this thread it could snap a few back into the real world.
Peace& hope
SM

link   
Does it occur to you that when it comes to things like Religion that people have just taken it, manipulated it and used it as a means of control?

Take a look at the constitution of the US. Take a look at the politicians who constantly praise it and say things like god bless America. Do you see the difference?

Would you allow these politicians and their actions to define what the constitution means and stands for?

So why would you do it with religion? When I see people complaining about religion, it's about like people complaining about America based on what the politicians and leaders do, rather than what it is supposed to stand for.

Personally, I think if people can't see these manipulations, then it really doesn't matter because we are all screwed. Better learn how manipulation works, and fast.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Yes, it is absurd the whole notion of religion isn't it?

Makes much more sense to have 12 alien motherships that can carry 10,000 humans turn up and save us doesn't it?

It takes all kinds I guess....

[edit on 10-2-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Ah my Australian friend Like you said each to his own.

That thread you are referring to is still running strong today.

The main critic on that thread was a poster named beamish last weekend beamish was exposed as a person who self confessed on page 48 of the thread that he was been paid to change people opinions online regardless of his beliefs. nice hey.

SM

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokingman2006
Ah my Australian friend Like you said each to his own.

That thread you are referring to is still running strong today.

The main critic on that thread was a poster named beamish last weekend beamish was exposed as a person who self confessed on page 48 of the thread that he was been paid to change people opinions online regardless of his beliefs. nice hey.

SM

Now I don't want to derail this thread by talking about the other thread.

Let me just say that I find what you're saying is a bit ironic and maybe my response was what I would call "harsh but fair" and I'm not even religious!

Anyway, I've spoken my piece, if it's any consolation I agree with you in a way.

All the best.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
"Mainstream Beliefs"? Nice word play there, but you could have just said "christian". Or to be even more specific you could have just said "Abrahmic" since you threw that little bit about 72 virgins and martyrdom in.
Your post reminds me of the 3rd part of the origional Zeitgiest. You start out claiming some type of anti-religiouse position or the ignorance of "mainstream" beliefs but 2/3 of your post is reserved for christianity and the belief in a God.
Lastly, those few mumblings at the end about other intelligent life forms in the universe was a good cushion to the anti-christian bias.

Lets see if we can improve on your idea about the non-isane mainstream ideas.
- The Federal Government is able to hand out money without producing any thing, it knows whats best for you, and wants the best for you specifically.
- There is absolutely no intelligence to the universe. It is a cycle of a single big bang that creates sparks we call stars that burn out and form black holes that over time merge into 1 super black hole that creates a singularity that explodes all over again.
- There is no eternal God because eternal is impossible. Our soccer-ball universe sets inside of a limited space that sets inside a limited space that sets inside a limited space I guess.
- Reality is some type of 3D light matrix reflection from a flat 2D mirror or something but it can be described as living in a matrix and that excites a bunch of movie fans.
- Life forms can be "reverse engineered" all the way down to the single cell that is the origion of life because every living thing evolved from a single cell life form despite a single cells complexity.
- Our intelligence is a cosmic accident and we are no different than the animals
- We are only held accountable to ourselves for good or evil because we are the only creature on earth that can imagine such a thing and comprehend the difference.
- Since God is immaterial, anything material made or written by the hands of men under the influence of God is considered a lie.

The time I have spent on this post is pretty much wasted and its pointless in the end. But let me make a few suggestions that might help you out here soon.

- Regardless of rather you can find it in yourself to believe in a God becaues you feel you are smarter than that, others always have, still do, and always will.
- You are more than welcome to not beleive in God but all the physical things that you find comfort in like posting how much smarter you are than beleivers on the interwebs, watching the propaganda box, going out to a movie, going shopping and playing with some type of fancy new toy, is all about to ripped right from underneath you. When all the distractions are taken away and your left holding exactly what you beleive in, nothing, then the belief in something, a god, a purpose, a reason for existance, might be what keeps you from just blowing your brains out because you don't have anything and you dont beleive in anything.
- If you don't wanna go along with "mainstream" beliefs thats cool. I'm sure the fact that there were some many f'ed up people that believed them before you and used it to do f'ed up things is a good enough excuse. Regardless, you might want to think about putting all that brain work to figuring out a way to save the things you think are real because the way things are going in the world right now you really are going to be left with nothing.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

point taken

I'm not even religious , neither am I any longer

Have a good night

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokingman2006

The constant attacks from MSM on fellow members seeking out answers to their true reality had me thinking about mainstream beliefs & values and here are my conclusions.

WTF?!?

what exactly does the MSM have to do with religious views? this might be an interesting thread but i see little need to get into bashing religious views.

to my mind, there is no real logical difference between taking a scientists view of the universe as the truth, on little more than faith, instead of a priests. unless you have a degree in either physics or metaphysics i suggest you tone down the smugness.

on topic:

the MSM seem to believe that bankers, who's success is measured by the level to which they can satisfy their own greed, will behave morally with our money.

the MSM seem to believe that politicians, who's success is measured by the level to which they can convince you of the truth of their lies, will behave in an honest manner.

the MSM seem to believe that cooperate leaders will behave ethically rather than in the interest of profit.

the MSM seem to believe that scientists will produce the answers as found rather than as their corperate backers would have them found.

the MSM seem to believe that the consensus is usually correct despite being prooven wrong again and again and again.

the general population seem to believe that the MSM will act in the public interest rather than act in the interest of increasing profit through circulation, advertisement and corporate investment.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Discernment

I hear you and agree with you.

thanks for your thoughts

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Is not the MSM the voice of the plebs?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
i am unsure as to who you believe the plebs to be, who you put yourself above.

traditionally, all media is either the mouthpiece of the advertisers or the consumer of that media. due to targeted marketing, this distinction is almost completely outdated.

ATS is equally as advertising/consumer driven as FOX, the only difference is weather the horse is pushing the cart or pulling it and the honesty attached to the relationship.

the issue you have is due to a widely held misconception that the job of the media is to provide some element of truth or enlightenment by definition. in fact the job of the media is to provide entertainment. the truth is only useful where it is entertaining.

this is a subtle but incredibly important distinction.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by smokingman2006

I have never heard a major media outlet support the views you mention. The media is overwhelmingly anti-Christian and anti-God, which means that the views discussed here and espoused by too many UFO researchers and writers do in fact mesh with the media's outlook.

Instead of bashing God, how about we discuss the evidence and ignore the media? Believe what you will, but respect the beliefs of others too.

Lisa A. Shiel
author, The Evolution Conspiracy & Backyard Bigfoot
Backyard Phenomena Investigations

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

hey we are cool my friend this was started as joke on mainstream judging our beliefs over theirs.

Nothing more.......

new topics

top topics

join