posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:44 AM
"Mainstream Beliefs"? Nice word play there, but you could have just said "christian". Or to be even more specific you could have just said
"Abrahmic" since you threw that little bit about 72 virgins and martyrdom in.
Your post reminds me of the 3rd part of the origional Zeitgiest. You start out claiming some type of anti-religiouse position or the ignorance of
"mainstream" beliefs but 2/3 of your post is reserved for christianity and the belief in a God.
Lastly, those few mumblings at the end about other intelligent life forms in the universe was a good cushion to the anti-christian bias.
Lets see if we can improve on your idea about the non-isane mainstream ideas.
- The Federal Government is able to hand out money without producing any thing, it knows whats best for you, and wants the best for you
- There is absolutely no intelligence to the universe. It is a cycle of a single big bang that creates sparks we call stars that burn out and form
black holes that over time merge into 1 super black hole that creates a singularity that explodes all over again.
- There is no eternal God because eternal is impossible. Our soccer-ball universe sets inside of a limited space that sets inside a limited space
that sets inside a limited space I guess.
- Reality is some type of 3D light matrix reflection from a flat 2D mirror or something but it can be described as living in a matrix and that excites
a bunch of movie fans.
- Life forms can be "reverse engineered" all the way down to the single cell that is the origion of life because every living thing evolved from a
single cell life form despite a single cells complexity.
- Our intelligence is a cosmic accident and we are no different than the animals
- We are only held accountable to ourselves for good or evil because we are the only creature on earth that can imagine such a thing and comprehend
- Since God is immaterial, anything material made or written by the hands of men under the influence of God is considered a lie.
The time I have spent on this post is pretty much wasted and its pointless in the end. But let me make a few suggestions that might help you out here
- Regardless of rather you can find it in yourself to believe in a God becaues you feel you are smarter than that, others always have, still do, and
- You are more than welcome to not beleive in God but all the physical things that you find comfort in like posting how much smarter you are than
beleivers on the interwebs, watching the propaganda box, going out to a movie, going shopping and playing with some type of fancy new toy, is all
about to ripped right from underneath you. When all the distractions are taken away and your left holding exactly what you beleive in, nothing, then
the belief in something, a god, a purpose, a reason for existance, might be what keeps you from just blowing your brains out because you don't have
anything and you dont beleive in anything.
- If you don't wanna go along with "mainstream" beliefs thats cool. I'm sure the fact that there were some many f'ed up people that believed
them before you and used it to do f'ed up things is a good enough excuse. Regardless, you might want to think about putting all that brain work to
figuring out a way to save the things you think are real because the way things are going in the world right now you really are going to be left with