It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help-save button gone on 'Your Acct Settings' gone!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Someone please help!

I was tinkering around last week trying to get my avatar pic from photobucket to conform to regulation size trying to like it as a thumbnail in serveral different ways as listed on the photobucket website link thingy.

I tried one too many times apparently as now the 'Save' button on my "your account settings" under MemCenter is no longer there and I can't update anything.

I sent an email last week to addy listed under contact us last week but, have not yet received a response.

Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated. I consider myself a fairly intelligent being but this avatar stuff is making me feel like a 1st grader

Thanks for your time!
~Cyn

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Hey there

Right first thing to do is get rid of your cookies.

Then i would upload the image using the members upload. If you need help resizing let us know and we can help with that,

Then hopefully you should see account settings up there in the member center,

The big guys have been ultra busy so may not have got around to answering you yet but hopefully i can get you all sorted

Also as a reminder these sort of questions can be sent in to the complaints bit
There a bunch of us will be able to assist you,

Thanks for your times,

Asala

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Asala,
Thank you SO much for replying to lil ol me! I appreciate your directions, I'm gonna try these and I will post an update. TY for the info about the avatar situation as well. I'd much rather be reading and posting then diddling with my silly avatar.

Thanks again!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I deleted my cookies twice, restarted puter, re-logged into ATS and the save button is still not there. Any other suggestions? Would you like my password so you can look at it on your end?

Also, I have make 25 posts till I can upload. Should I just go around putting my 2 cents in everywhere or is there a way to get around it? I've got 11 so I'm sure I go around to various threads and find something to say lol

Thanks again for your help!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67bi

your avatar url is wrong, is this the avatar you want, will also have to be re-sized

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Thanks for your reply - I know the URL is wrong - but I can't change it because the 'save' button is just.....gone. So yeah, I can go and delete the URL but can't update the page as the save button is gone.

Any other ideas? I promise, I'm not an idiot

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

You don't see a button on the bottom that says "submit"

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Exactly!!

That's what I'm trying to say is now missing on that page - sorry I mis-spoke by saying 'save' I couldn't remember what it use to say but right, the "Submit" button is just.....gone! Really.

TY

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Should I just re-subscribe? Darn cat walked across the keyboard right after I typed "Whisper67" and hit the enter button so the cat actually added the "bi" lol

Since I'm fairly new, this wouldn't be a big deal and I hate to keep taking up your time.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Well you are brand new getting a new account is not much of a big deal, so that is up to you,
U2U asala or me if you do. either way I will help you with re-sizing you avatar

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

whisper67 click this link you have U2U's from me to you

Mod Note: You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
When my submit utton bwent missing, the whole site loaded wrong. Things were impossible to read and it turns out my date thingy in members center was wrong. I was unable to change it and my only option was to have the account banned (deleting is apparantly not an option) and rejoined.
Good luck.

new topics

top topics

join