It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zimbabwe's Mugabe - Plans Huge B'day Party with 2000 bottles of Champagne 8000 Lobsters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
This is the kind of story that makes me sick to my stomach. Zimbabwe - where people are starving and they are printing 100 billion dollar bills, the President (fraud election) is having a 85th birthday party to end all parties.

link to article:www.timesonline.co.uk...

The list includes 2,000 bottles of champagne (Moët & Chandon or ’61 Bollinger preferred); 8,000 lobsters; 100kg of prawns; 4,000 portions of caviar; 8,000 boxes of Ferrero Rocher chocolates; 3,000 ducks; and much else besides. A postscript adds: “No mealie meal” — the ground corn staple on which the vast majority of Zimbabweans survived until the country’s collapse rendered even that a luxury.

This is one of the most disgusting displays of a leader not giving a damn about his people. People are dying from disease and hunger there, they spend 35 billion on 3 eggs, they have to take wheel barrels of money to buy bread......................and yet the President is having a party that will cost an unbelievable amount of money!!!

They are asking for donations from businesses for the party...........probably actually twisting arms with threats for businesses to come up with the donations.

Western diplomats and aid workers were stunned when shown the list. “It’s just appalling. It’s like they are either completely oblivious to what’s happening in their country, or completely impervious and just don’t care,” said one. “It’s shocking and obscene,” said another, who noted that lobsters were unobtainable in Zimbabwe and would have to be flown in.

Others said it showed that the Mugabe regime had no intention of curtailing its excesses after entering a unity government with the Movement for Democratic Change later this week.

“It’s an important day for Zimbabweans to celebrate the life of our great leader and Africa’s hero,” he said. “Zanu (PF) continues to receive massive donations from the corporate world, ordinary Zimbabweans and from people from all walks of life and we are confident that this year’s celebrations will be the best.”

He even suggested that the event would raise funds for the underprivileged, which led one outraged academic to quip last night that this would include almost every Zimbabwean not invited to the party and that most would happily accept the extravagance provided that it was Mr Mugabe’s last.

Complete Birthday list:

Birthday list

2,000 bottles of champagne — Moët & Chandon and ’61 Bollinger
500 bottles of whisky — Johnny Walker Blue Label, 22-year-old Chivas
8,000 lobsters
100kg king prawns
3,000 ducks
4,000 portions of caviar
8,000 boxes of Ferrero Rocher
16,000 eggs
3,000 cakes — chocolate and vanilla
4,000 packs of pork sausages
500kg cheese
4,000 packets of crackers

I can not imagine how the Zimbabwe people really feel about this party.... they are not allowed to speak out.

A complete disgusting display of none caring for the people.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
That is ridiculous...
I bet him and DubYa would get along GREAT..

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
“It’s an important day for Zimbabweans to celebrate the life of our great leader and Africa’s hero,” Robert Mugabe is responsible for the government unleashing a violent campaign to seize and occupy white farms then giving them to his Zanu-PF thugs. He is responsible for the hyper-inflation resulting in the printing of a $100 Trillion dollar note. He is responsible for cholera epidemic which is killing off thousands of people (I could go on), all the while he laughing it up and eating lobsters with his cronies. Yeah right, some hero.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by kommunist

The people of Zimbabwe, I would assume are enraged over this, yet I am sure they are afraid to speak out! They can only say it is "fitting" for their great leader to have such a lavish party!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
That's the most gluttonous thing I've ever heard of.

I hope the bastard rots in hell.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Isn't Africa so much better off now that Apartheid was ended? The people fought long and hard to end the tyrannical rule of the oppressive White government, and now they're reaping the fruits of that labor. Africa has since become so prosperous, that the government can hold such lavish affairs without giving a thought to cost. My hat is off to them for all their achievements!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I wonder if people will finally revolt and just say hell with it; storming the 'castle' so to speak lol.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riviera
I wonder if people will finally revolt and just say hell with it; storming the 'castle' so to speak lol.
They've already done that with the ending of Apartheid. Mugabe is a hero of the people, and a shining example of what a true leader should be.

It also just goes to show how wasteful the White government was when it created all those roads, jobs, hospitals, schools, and housing units for the population oh so long ago.

Now the African people can go back to their original way of life living off the land, practicing herbal medicine, and sleeping beneath the stars as in olden days. I so envy them their new way of life under Mugabe's benevolent leadership..

[edit on 10-2-2009 by LLoyd45]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

That begs the question: Who's on the guestlist?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
No wonder his economy is a shambles.

8000 lobsters suggest that 8000 guests will be there. Why the hell has he ordered 8k boxes of Ferrero as well?! Surely nobody eats an entire box at once...

Someone should plan a very different kind of party. List:

1 X M82

1 X 50 calibre round

Finish it, remove him from existence. If anyone deserves it, its Mugabe.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Mugabe has been taking the piss for a long time.

I started a thread HERE detailing how power hungry he really is.

If anyone needs to be assassinated, it's him!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This is the kind of story that makes me sick to my stomach. USA - where people are homeless and they have no working bank system anymore, the President (not anymore fraud election) is having a inauguration party for 1.5 BILLION US Dollar!!!!!!!!

This is one of the most disgusting displays of a leader not giving a damn about his people. People have no proper health insurance, they have no healthy bread (only burgers), and because the self-made economic crisis thousands of people lost their jobs!!! And yet the President is having a party that will cost an unbelievable amount of money!!!

Sorry folks, but you really think you are the only ones who are flawless, right?? I know myself the many problems in this country and their leaders, but your gloriole is just a bit too bright

It's easy to bash one of the most problematic areas in the world to feel better for oneself.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
No wonder his economy is a shambles.

8000 lobsters suggest that 8000 guests will be there. Why the hell has he ordered 8k boxes of Ferrero as well?! Surely nobody eats an entire box at once...

Someone should plan a very different kind of party. List:

1 X M82

1 X 50 calibre round

Finish it, remove him from existence. If anyone deserves it, its Mugabe.

Are you kidding

Or do you suggest some kind of mass killing??? Bad joke, hein ????

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
www.theaustralian.news.com.au...

He had a party as a fundraiser for more events to come this next weekend.

crowd of 2,000 was expected to feast on beef in sauce or roast chicken, rice and vegetables last night, with serenades from a variety of musical acts at the Rainbow Towers in Harare.

The dinner was in part a fundraiser to make up a short-fall in donations for further celebrations next weekend. Organisers have complained angrily that businessmen and farmers have reneged on promised contributions. Mugabe and his family are used to extravagant birthday parties.

Last year his supporters raised £175,000. This year, with the country bankrupt, almost half the population needing food aid and unemployment at 94per cent, donations have failed to meet targets.

The country’s bankrupt public sector used tens of thousands of US dollars – now the currency in Zimbabwe – to place large newspaper advertisements congratulating the president.

Even the Zimbabwean parliament, now led by an opposition speaker, splashed out on a gushing advertisement saluting Mugabe’s “unwavering determination and commitment” to consolidate the gains of independence. The climax of the week-long celebrations will be in Chinhoyi, 63 miles northwest of Harare. Its hotels used to be filled with tourists stopping to visit nearby caves.

They are now deserted. Mugabe’s party will not provide the town with any business. His guests will stay in the town’s university, conveniently empty of students who have not been allowed to resume their studies this year. Mugabe’s daughter Bona, 20, is studying for her degree in Hong Kong where the Mugabes have a £4m house.

This whole thing is just sickening......... really makes me wonder, why we went into Iraq, with a stable leader .... yet we ignore all the countries that have very unstable leadership.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   

8,000 boxes of Ferrero Rocher

Ferrero Rocher?
Mmm, classy!

"Mugabe, with these Ferrero Rocher, you're really spoiling us!"

Why couldn't there be oil or something in Zimbabwe? Anything to give someone an 'excuse' to get involved and get rid of this madman and his party.

join