It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Article w/Source - Ruin Your Health With the Obama Stimulus Plan

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

It is one thing for the insurance company to scrutinize it.

It is a whole other for a "government panel" to scrutinize it.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Why do I get this strange sense Hillery Clinton is behind this Crap.

Who sponsored this Junk.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tiso_us

from thomas.loc.gov...:HR00001:@@@P

Sponsor: Rep Obey, David R. [WI-7] (introduced 1/26/2009) Cosponsors (9)
Related Bills: H.RES.88, H.RES.92, H.R.290, H.R.291, H.R.598, H.R.629, H.R.679, S.336, S.350
Latest Major Action: 2/9/2009 Senate floor actions. Status: Considered by Senate.
COSPONSORS(9), ALPHABETICAL [followed by Cosponsors withdrawn]: (Sort: by date)

Rep Frank, Barney [MA-4] - 1/26/2009
Rep Gordon, Bart [TN-6] - 1/26/2009
Rep Miller, George [CA-7] - 1/26/2009
Rep Oberstar, James L. [MN-8] - 1/26/2009
Rep Rangel, Charles B. [NY-15] - 1/26/2009
Rep Spratt, John M., Jr. [SC-5] - 1/26/2009
Rep Towns, Edolphus [NY-10] - 1/26/2009
Rep Velazquez, Nydia M. [NY-12] - 1/26/2009
Rep Waxman, Henry A. [CA-30] - 1/26/2009

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Excellent find! I don't know what saddens me more, reading the bill and the Big Brother-esque draconian horsecrap it contains, or seeing Americans actually trying to defend it purely based on "But, but, I like Obama and the Democrats" knee jerk emotional beliefs.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Asking for clarification is not AT ALL the same as defending it. Maybe you don't care what the truth of the matter is, but before I make a judgment, I want the FACTS, not some re-worded, speculative opinion on it.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

If you want the facts then read the fracken Bill for yourself instead of waiting for everyone else to do it for you. Keep defending the State, keep defending crap like this. Get on your hands and knee's and lick the hand that feeds you, kiss the mouth that guides you, it's who you are. You clearly submitted your life a long time ago.

Yes we can...... yes you will.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by aravoth]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Seriously... I screamed when I heard that this bill passed. I also heard from even the most boisterous of government critics "Oh this will never pass. Have you read the thing? Nobody will ever vote for it. It's crazy, too crazy."

So... which one of you people had a say in big government dictating these moves?

Benevolent Heretic.... please for the love of God LOOK at what is happening. Nobody will blame you for being a bit hesitant to look, but NOW is the time to open your eyes. What's worse in a scenario like this... being wrong or being right? Enjoy your ignorant bliss while you still have it.

Change you can believe in... kinda like Santa Claus, but the opposite.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Unfortunately, there are no page numbers on that document. If you had looked at it, you'd know that.

Secondly, I found the PDF and cannot find the word "monitor" in the entire document. The OP's source got the name of the department wrong, so I'm not inclined to believe this at all.

It's up to the person making the claim to prove it. I've spent 15 minutes trying to find this to no avail. I'm not going to further waste my time. But I agree, if you want people to believe you, you should find proof.

This may be OT, but excuse the heck out of me if I didn't have a chance to read the whole bill before I posted the link. I wanted to get enough people looking at this thing as possible as soon as possible to get some discourse on it. Unlike you who has AGAIN quickly dismissed any idea of wrong doing or shady business on the part of this administration.

You spent 15 minutes. Well good. Let's hope our legislators spend a lot more time than you did before they let this thing pass.

Edited to add: just read the bill passed. Looks like the senate did indeed only spend about 15 minutes reading the thing. Maybe they thought it was a waste of their time, too.

[edit on 2/10/09 by GirlNextDoor]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
My mother just sent me a link to read about this socialized health care which was hidden in the "stimulus plan".
I am outraged that our elected officials would even think of sneaking this into a stimulus package. I get more discouraged and upset as every day passes.
The public is being kept in the dark BIG TIME; we are being duped! Sign the petition to stop socialized health care at:
Health Care Rationing & The Invasion Of Your Privacy

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
get ready for forced inoculations. Keep in mind what vaccines have been used for in the past, watch IN LIES WE TRUST on google video..

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
being an IT manager in the health care industry, and having my wife be a nurse in the ER of a hospital, I am in favor of this. YOu have to understand why they are doing this. THere are to many people on welfare, medicaid, medicare that feel the the ER is the primary care physician. You can go in, and get what you need, when you want it, and there is no accountablity. Lets say someone goes to the ER every week complaining of severe pain. The doctor gives them some IV pain med, and gives them a prescription of Loratab for 1 week. Tells them to follow up with the doctor. Here is the issue. THat one week gives them over 100 pills. 100 pills that on the street can sell for 3 dollars each. They can go in every week, and sell it on the street and turn a 1200 profit without any problems right now. Lets talk about the fact that there is no co-pay for someone to come into the ER via ambulance for a head cold. Its all paid for, the reason for the ambulance is because they get in faster then walking in. Again thats inefficancy.

Lets look at something else, Your the elderly in a nursing home. Unless the Nursing home is owned by the hospital, there is no transfer of records in an appropriate manner. What this is saying is that there is going to be a standardized EMR. This means that regardless of where you go, the Hospital, your doctor, the nursing home, the obgyn, etc, they all have access to the same data. This is going to save the american people billions in medicare and medicaid fraud. It will stream line the process of transfering records and increase communications between all the people that are required for maintaining your health.

This is all a good thing. If you want to talk about tracking and monitoring, there is nothing hear that you haven't already given them, all this is doing is centralizing the data. You will get a card that has an ID number. That ID number will connect to a national emr, when you swipe your card, your data is downloaded to the local EMR of the location that your at. when you leave the location, all that data is uploaded back to the national EMR, that where regardless of where you are, that data is preserved and carried over.

They won't put your data directly on the card, and if they think that they are, there stupid, its a hippa violation.

just my 2 cents, but I think this is a good thing, not bad. People hate it because of the potential of tracking. People get more tracking from the CC, and there Cell phone.

As far as H&H services dictating what the doctor is doing. They already do this, ever medical professional has to indicate Polices and procedures on how they operate. This has to be approved by the state. There is no difference here. They are simply indicating that instead of the idiot doctor ordering ALL the LAB tests under the sun, all at once. That he does the tests for the issue at hand, and deal with that issue.

Our Health industry is broken, this is just the beginning on repairing it,

Just my opinion,

camain

[edit on 10-2-2009 by camain]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Yeah action needs to be taken on Medical Records Standardization, but this is NOT, NEVER, NO WAY to pass a bill like this. This is too important to stick in as a line item in some other bill. It fairly screams sneaky, underhanded, screw you, and plenty to hide.

This is strong evidence that we are living in Animal Farm. Remember in the end they couldn't tell the Pigs from the People they ran off?

If you needed any proof that Obama was business as usual this is it.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

As far as H&H services dictating what the doctor is doing. They already do this, ever medical professional has to indicate Polices and procedures on how they operate. This has to be approved by the state. There is no difference here. They are simply indicating that instead of the idiot doctor ordering ALL the LAB tests under the sun, all at once. That he does the tests for the issue at hand, and deal with that issue. Our Health industry is broken, this is just the beginning on repairing it, Just my opinion, camain

I hope you are right, camain, I really do, since my gut instinct tells me something is very wrong with government-run health care, and in particular the sneaky, hidden means of placing this in the stimulus bill.

I'll give a reason as to why I am suspicious of government intervention. My family is not well-off financially, we're poor, so we receive food stamps. Two and a half years ago I started going to college at a local tech college for computer networking. I was still able to receive foot stamps. But after a year at the tech college, I decided to go for a bachelor's degree in math and computer science at the local university. Once our social worker found this out, I was immediately cut from food stamps (we still receive some food stamps for other family members though).

I asked why. Our worker doesn't know exactly, just that I am considered in some sort of other category now, a "higher-learners" category, so I can't get food stamps anymore unless I go back to the "lower level" tech college. But I'm still as poor! I haven't received a degree yet! I still need to eat! Why should it matter?

Just some food for thought :-)

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Holy Mother of God, if this is true, I cannot believe my eyes:

Elderly Hardest Hit

Daschle says health-care reform “will not be pain free.” Seniors should be more accepting of the conditions that come with age instead of treating them. That means the elderly will bear the brunt.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by camain
being an IT manager in the health care industry, and having my wife be a nurse in the ER of a hospital, I am in favor of this. YOu have to understand why they are doing this. THere are to many people on welfare, medicaid, medicare that feel the the ER is the primary care physician. You can go in, and get what you need, when you want it, and there is no accountablity. Lets say someone goes to the ER every week complaining of severe pain. The doctor gives them some IV pain med, and gives them a prescription of Loratab for 1 week. Tells them to follow up with the doctor. Here is the issue. THat one week gives them over 100 pills. 100 pills that on the street can sell for 3 dollars each. They can go in every week, and sell it on the street and turn a 1200 profit without any problems right now. Lets talk about the fact that there is no co-pay for someone to come into the ER via ambulance for a head cold. Its all paid for, the reason for the ambulance is because they get in faster then walking in. Again thats inefficacy.

I find that I must reply to this...You say people use the ER as their primary care....well, ever wonder why???

Not all of us are able to get insurance, primary care physicians, follow up visits, etc. We just don't have the $$$$, and, from what you say....WE apparently are all either living on the street, or are on welfare.

I'm one of the ones that isn't on the street, does not get welfare, works 40+ hours a week, does not have insurance, because I can't afford it and have a pre-existing condition that will not allow me to be insured even if I could.

I have been to the ER when it is needed, usually after I am so sick I can't take care of it on my own...ie, pneumonia. Done the follow up thing with other doctors...most of which will only see you once because you have no insurance, and they know you will have problems paying them off, or any other bills incurred outside of the money they charge when you use the ER...and you are billed not only for the ER, Dr. fees in ER, X-Rays in ER, any other treatment in ER, a few weeks later you will receive bills for the same treatment from the same people for the same things, from outside billing. People without insurance are charged outrageous overages while those who are insured get their treatment at a reduced cost, which we the un-insured are expected to make up.

So, yeah....great....passing this bill may be good for you, but those of us out here that have been dealing with this crap for a long time, see it as another way to deny us medical satisfaction when we need it.

My apologies if this sounds somewhat "bitter"....but I have seen nothing positive come from anything connected with the system and health care.

~Holly

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This totally hits home. My grandpa, before he passed away, needed a scan to determine if he in fact had cancer. Because he was on state insurance he was unable to get the scan needed in time to save his life. If you are admitted to the hospital in my state and you have state insurance the hospital has a code that they must go bye in order to get paid. For example my grandpa was admitted for pneumonia so the state insurance would only pay the hospital X amount of dollars for the treatment/tests for pneumonia and would not cover the scan for the suspected cancer. So the Dr had to release him for a few days and he had to go back to the hospital to be admitted for suspected cancer so the hospital could get paid for the scan. Now, most people are not told these things, my family is friends with the Dr. so he told us what the deal was. Anyway, to make a long story short; precious time was wasted because of bureaucracy and I see this health plan that was described above as a stepping stone for all health care to go in this same fatal direction. This news is sad, very sad indeed. What is even more depressing is that the average Joe, [who does not understand what this proposed plan really means to them in their day to day life] is completely behind the health plan because they think it simply means good healthcare for everyone, they are being lead in blindly and do not even know it.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

Originally posted by camain
[[[[[being an IT manager in the health care industry, and having my wife be a nurse in the ER of a hospital, I am in favor of this. YOu have to understand why they are doing this. THere are to many people on welfare, medicaid, medicare that feel the the ER is the primary care physician. You can go in, and get what you need, when you want it, and there is no accountablity. Lets say someone goes to the ER every week complaining of severe pain. The doctor gives them some IV pain med, and gives them a prescription of Loratab for 1 week. Tells them to follow up with the doctor. Here is the issue. THat one week gives them over 100 pills. 100 pills that on the street can sell for 3 dollars each. They can go in every week, and sell it on the street and turn a 1200 profit without any problems right now. Lets talk about the fact that there is no co-pay for someone to come into the ER via ambulance for a head cold. Its all paid for, the reason for the ambulance is because they get in faster then walking in. Again thats inefficacy. ]]]]]

Holly N.R.A,
You are right! My husband and I have been very hard working and fairly prosperus, we have NEVER needed help, untill now. We are now both laid off with no health insurance, thank GOD our daughter is coverd by the state, but my husband and I are not. Thus if we get sick what are we to do? Um well we could stay sick or we could go to the Fuc%*ing ER. What are we supposed to do? Contrary to the arogant uneducated fool quoted above, not everyone who is now pushed against a wall is homeless or worthless. S is HTF right now under our noses and we will all do what is needed to survive even this person above whom seems to be living in la la land, but I promise will be brought to their knees too before this is all over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
wow Melissa......our thoughts, and dare i say, prayers, are with you........i suspect that stories like yours are stories most folks just do not want to hear.......the purple haze most are in is still purple........

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by prjct

Aw thank you prjct. And yes prayers are wonderful. But I realy didnt post that story to get simpathy. I wanted people to understand what this really means. So many are in the purple haze so to speak, but who can blame them it is only by chance that I seen through it, it has not been that long ago that I was a sheep, its society its the way things are set up. God help us thats about all I know to say....

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GirlNextDoor

you are a spirit ,you have a soul ,you reside in a body.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join