It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why did they disappear???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by Catfish
What do all of you think happened to the ancient civilizations??? I mean, they were all on a techno ROLL, but then they just dissapeared.

If you go back to your history text books, you'll see that many never vanished but they just changed rulers and leadership forms (ancient England through modern times). Some were conquered by other civilizations (Mayans by Spaniards). Egypt had a series of bad and weak rulers and became a Roman province (superior Roman technology beat them.)

Like the egyptions, they had these LIGHT BULBS! im serious. They were chemical lanterns that could burn for days. (im not sure, so correct me if im wrong.)

They didn't have lightbulbs. The only "chemical lanterns" they had were oil lamps, just like you can buy (or make) today. Every civilization that I can think of had them.

Why did the Mayans and the Egyptians, and the other civilizations disappeared.. It makes you wonder.

I dont even have much of a theorie, besides maybe the fact that they migrated somewhere...

I think that if you'll just take the trouble to go to the library and look them up in the encyclopedias or to your school textbooks -- or if that's too inconvenient, go to Wikipedia : en.wikipedia.org... then you'll have the basic information about your question.

Definetly he has all the right anwsers.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Whenever the truth comes out, if it comes out, you will remember me.And there is no nice and friendly way for saying that our government is based on bullsh1t, and always has been!You must be one of those guys who walks around thnking that you are doing something but you are not,I DON"T SUGAR COAT ANYTHING...I TELL IT LIKE IT IS!!I bet if someone was p1ss1ng on your back and telling you it was rain you would believe that too huh!! Face the facts, we are all in mental slavery!!But I'm still trying to figure out the flaws that you speak?

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by jhova]

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by jhova]

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The more laws you pass the fewer things as applied to all, you can do. Of course the very rich get "loopholes," so they have their own form of relative anarchy.

Laws basically paralyze a civilization in cumulative ways. The more lawyers, the more taxes the more jails, the fewer people contribute to the success of a civilization.

The archeological record shows many layers of attempted civilization. Many or most had the advent of a few greedy and diabolical people who put everyone else in chains. While evils were sufferable for a time, as hope springs eternal, eventually this centralized ownership and taxation blinded everyone to the facts. The only reason America has survived and thrived is because "the squeaky wheel gets the grease," people can and will complain to correct problems. That is a strength but also a weakness when one faction denies any other its petition to redress grievances. It is the same as shutting off the nervous system, bad leaders proclaim "everything is fine," you see the destroyed lives all around you. Usually when governments get around to addressing actual problems, the way in which they do is watered down to meaninglessness, and/or exacerbating those problems.

Our civilization with all its technology and marvels is headed in the same direction, more and more laws, higher and higher taxes, not to mention lower thresholds for arrest and imprisonment.

We would be belly up a lot sooner, except for the massive record keeping system. Hence the pain of the natural dissolution of civilization would possibly be much greater. People can stand lies and parasitism for only so long, not because then can't stand it, but because it eventually destroys everything they have labored, while centralizing everything under an eternal and immortal corporation owned by basically a dead man with dead policies.

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by SkipShipman]

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Amen brother...I'm almost there with you!!

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Lots of reasons they disappear and everyones done a pretty good job explaining it so I wont try. Not a bad subject to study if you don't want the same fate though.

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
The first case of AIDS was 1979 in New York, not Africa.

Only because they were testing first in New York, not Africa. I was in Africa in 1976 and I remember being warned about an unknown disease killing people that the locals carry. Was it Aids, I don't know as it didn't have a name at that time and I never researched the subject. Though they did believe it was sexually transmitted they weren't sure & suggested that we didn't make any physical contact with those groups.

Personally I believe I may have been at ground zero, but that's not the subject of the thread, so I wont elaborate.

[Edited on 20-4-2004 by outsider]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join