It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama raves at Camp David seclusion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

I couldn't agree more. The further away from the White House this guy is, the better off we all are. Unfortunately, even on 'vacation', a president is still in contact with DC and is still 'working'. I don't immediately have a problem with this.

The most interesting part is watching everyone defend him, when Bush was raked over the coals around here anytime he took a vacation. Perhaps a little hypocrisy? Could be.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

hehe sorry, when i said 'rusty' it was a rusty humphries faux noise (yes fox news) reference - i was sort of insinuating that rather than believing what you say you're just parroting some right wing talking point or wildly accusing anything the 'other side' does as evil, immoral and stupid.

Seriously now, you gotta admit that your op is a little full of instant antagonism towards obama -twenty one days is actually a long time to work, he must stay up late every night doing important president things -do you really begrudge him a weekend with his family? Maybe that's one of the things that makes him such a good president. the fact that he IS grounded -he does spend time with his family and friends and he understands the world, you really want him to get sucked into the washington world and forget that he's a real person just like you or i? I for one want my president to KNOW that he is a human just like the rest of us, oh dang wai- he isn''t my president we've got that idiot gordon, grrrrrrrr. Wanna swap?

Oh and the second that Obama has the press meet him at the golf course so he can announce he is going to start an immoral and illigal war then i'll start to hate your new president as much as i hated your old president, while he is being open, honest and cordial while debating the issues and hand in an informed and intelligent manor then i'll continue to covert him. hehe should he make wildly regressive policy choices, forget how to speak coherently, act offensively to the rest of the world or further destroy any chance that america will one day be a nice place to visit (im thinking long term here of course) then i'll stop liking him too.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by NatureBoy]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Even with all the time off bush took it didn't stop him from screwing the nation at the same time.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Personally, I would like to see no pampering of this president.

To me, hes a traitor who hasnt done a thing ... YET to earn a vacation, a paycheck or even trust from most REAL americans.

The sheeple and his minions need a slap in the face.

Lets be realistic, if this were Bush with this crisis, people and the MSM would be all over him. But since its your messiah, its ok.

Its not a problem as long the action fits the agenda for Democraps.

Welcome to the Age of Double-Standard

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by wolf241e

With over 55k points on ATS so far I think you'd of gotten the hang of posting the LINK to article9s0 by now.

All I see is what you cut pasted (and not in external tags I might add).

All I can gleam from what you posted is he and his family went away to camp David for an "for an overnight stay on Saturday."

An overnight stay and you're gutting the man?

Oh please!

If you demand such perfection on others at least demand a little in yourself.

I'll wait for a link before I add any more of my opinion.

peace

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

The most interesting part is watching everyone defend him, when Bush was raked over the coals around here anytime he took a vacation. Perhaps a little hypocrisy? Could be.

I think you want to be a bit careful before you hold Bush Jr. up as a stellar example of wisely used vacation time.

Think back to the amount of time G.W Bush was *in house* and when he was on vacation... Just sayin...

*wink*

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
ahh i remember when he made fun of bush for taking so many vacations. the irony in this is amazing.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
None of you has obviously ever done anything in politics beyond pound one sign.

You cannot possibly imagine how tired this guy is right now. Campaigning is hard. The grey hair these guys get on the trail isn't a put on - they actually go grey doing it. The planes, the 3 cities in a day, the none stop go-go-go be perfect.

Now he is in one of the most difficult positions on the planet, and is already tired, and he needs protection for him and his family that exceeds that of any other president ever.....and you have your panties in a knot about a day off.

Try touching down in reality on occassion. The ability to put yourself into someone else's shoes is an exercise in intelligence. Give it a try.

You work 24 hours a day, be on call, and take no vacations, for years at a time. Go for it. When YOU are ready to do that to kick start your economy, let me know.

[edit on 2009/2/10 by Aeons]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I'm not defending Bush, nor do I have a problem with Obama taking this time away, merely pointing out the contrasting manner in which the two are treated for the same act. Someone else said that there was a double standard. I think that person may well be right.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

cooommmmeee on, do you hear yourself?

Can you could pull your head out of Obama's Anus for 5 mins and see what is going on. I would like to tell you but it would be off topic.

The point is ... you don't go relax and have fun until the problem is solved. This goes all the wabck to the 'Roast' before the election and during the beginning of this mess.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
None of you has obviously ever done anything in politics beyond pound one sign.

You cannot possibly imagine how tired this guy is right now. Campaigning is hard. The grey hair these guys get on the trail isn't a put on - they actually go grey doing it. The planes, the 3 cities in a day, the none stop go-go-go be perfect.

Now he is in one of the most difficult positions on the planet, and is already tired, and he needs protection for him and his family that exceeds that of any other president ever.....and you have your panties in a knot about a day off.

Try touching down in reality on occassion. The ability to put yourself into someone else's shoes is an exercise in intelligence. Give it a try.

You work 24 hours a day, be on call, and take no vacations, for years at a time. Go for it. When YOU are ready to do that to kick start your economy, let me know.

[edit on 2009/2/10 by Aeons]

i can guarantee this same person was ranting about how bush took vacation.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

There are plenty of people in this country who work 80 hour weeks for months on end. If they do it, so can he. As I've said earlier, I don't even have a problem with Obama leaving for a short time, but he's not going to get any sympathy from me for being 'tired'. Instead, all I have to say is: welcome to the real world, Barry.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
No. I think that all leaders should take vacations and be well rested, and have good cars, and nice clothing, and private jets to go where they need to be.

Pretty simple. Good work is done by well rested content people.

You don't need the person representing you globally to look like an overworked, tired, poorly dressed slob who arrives late in a broken vehicle.

Duh.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Working 80 or more hours a week isn't reality. It is poor planning, or workaholics avoiding their families.

Originally posted by vor78
reply to post by Aeons

There are plenty of people in this country who work 80 hour weeks for months on end. If they do it, so can he. As I've said earlier, I don't even have a problem with Obama leaving for a short time, but he's not going to get any sympathy from me for being 'tired'. Instead, all I have to say is: welcome to the real world, Barry.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

ok so let me get this straight.. You have no problem with the president sapping us (this country) of everything that our parents ... grandarents ... and their parents have worked SO HARD and even died for, Just so this clown can have what he has never had before.. who did ABSOULUTLY NOTHING for it.

Your ignornace makes my head hurt.

PS. we the people are the ones who work ourselves to the bone with little reward.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
No you don't.

The heist of giving all that money away was going to be done by either of your parties.

Perhaps a few new regulations are in order.

Regardless - anyone who wants the leader of their country to look like a haggard wild eyed slob is slightly moronic.

Further, you have NO idea what campaigning is like. Believe me it is very obvious that your don't.

You the people here are whiny, undereducated, isolationist, followers, who put in as little as you can get away with generally and expect big returns on it.

You the people ARE the government, and refuse to use your power because you are so caught up in the blame game but you REALLY don't want to have come up with a solution yourself.

Its tiresome listening to you all, and your denial of responsibilities, and your big mouths for blame.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelligent life

Where did you read that it costs a million dollars to take a weekend trip to camp david?

Ignorance is a plague.

IL

Sorry for not mentioning the AF1 trip(s) in that "millions" of dollars figure. I thought that you would have put that together all by yourself. With all of the advance teams, shutting down airspace, holding up other planes, the motorcade and all that goes with that. The hotels and so on and so on.

Millions of dollars easily.

You sir seem to be in ignorant one in this case.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I think you need to get out more. There are plenty of people in this country working far more than just 40 hours a week to make ends meet. Many small business owners are also putting in twice that amount as well in order to keep food on the table and a roof over their head.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I highly doubt it costs millions of dollars.

Maybe 100 grand.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

With over 55k points on ATS so far I think you'd of gotten the hang of posting the LINK to article9s0 by now.

All I see is what you cut pasted (and not in external tags I might add).

Oh please!

If you demand such perfection on others at least demand a little in yourself.

I'll wait for a link before I add any more of my opinion.

peace

The story is from the website..The Raw Story as stated in my OP.

and of course it's off their web page now. I posted this early this morning, CST.

Here is a different link for those of you who cant seem to Google it and find it all by yourself.

www.nydailynews.com...

So sorry that this thread upsets you, but I feel that this was the worst time for a quick getaway when all I hear coming out of his mouth is crisis. Oh yes, America we are facing the worst crisis since the great depression, but..wait..Whew I'm beat, I think it's time for a small vacation.

Oh please is right, this President needs to set a better example. Especially right now.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join