It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there 'bot' skeptics on ATS?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I mean it couldn't be that hard to program one could it?

Is this the next round of disinformation?

And when you think about it - it's a hell of a lot cheaper than employing humans to do it.

The mind wonders... any thoughts?

wZn

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
i think the vast majority of the ATS community are Bot skeptics

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
That entirely depends on if technology such as advanced artificial intelligence exists (which it probably does)

However, I doubt that it would be used to try to persuade a minority group of people to rethink the obvious. It would much more likely be used on a larger scale.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
lol, do you understand what i am selling here?

Say - PsyOps that have programed specific software to counter ANY claims they see fit?

...and then there is the obvious saving on using real people.

I say mix the movies AI with War games with Terminator for your method.

wZn

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dodgygeeza

Supercomputers exist surely?

What's the one a stock guy made...um... webbot? The web prediction bot.

wZn

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I disagree.

.....processing

Your allegations are unfounded.

.....processing

Where is your proof?

.....processing

Post links so we can investigate.

.....processing

Yeah right, and my uncle is a rodeo clown.

.....syntax error
.....default text.

Uh,
Nope. No bots here.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

I don't know maybe you should ask Phage over in the Aliens forum....lol jk...but not really.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Probably, but why do that when there are repeated self-proclaimed sceptics that would try to debunk a baseball bat to the face?

Sounds like a waste of resources, except for when some kind of information that is too close to the truth comes to light. An artificial intelligence good enough to form it's own counter arguments would only get better over the years. Then they could probably instantly remove it from the website (or the entire web) before anyone ever saw it, also paying the person who posted it a little visit.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by NativeAmerican

lmao - surely we can make these bots self destruct somehow?

perhaps we can overload them with threads on Robbie Williams

cheers

wZn

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow

Supercomputers exist surely?

What's the one a stock guy made...um... webbot? The web prediction bot.

wZn

Even the most powerful supercomputers that exist are no match for the human brain... yet. Currently, all that could be done is create pre-programmed responses. That would be virtually infinite though, so highly impossible.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   

ahh yes and no.

The persistent intent of these bots could render a future Tesla from contributing to the board. Intimidation by disappointment.

Think of times you have pulled back from a rebuttal due to the fact "you couldn't be f****d" in foresight of the same response.... bots never wear out either eh?!

wZn

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by invisibleman11
i think the vast majority of the ATS community are Bot skeptics

i agree wholeheartedly....bot is the best way to describe them.

there are both skeptics and then people who purposfuley make wild claims in order to discredit the truth.

for example if you wished to smear life on mars all you would do is constantly make up wild claims about it and plant easily refutable evidence time and again.....kinda like john lear..in the end no one believes theres life on mars because theres so many wild conspiracy type stories that cloud the truthfull ones.

like with mind control,constantly smeared as "tin foil"material when infact its the easiest thing in the world,anyone can do it ya just need an ELF magnetic field generator and a list of the brainwave freq.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   

In all honesty it is a fair idea. It seems like if the government wants to spread disinformation a bot would be the best way. I mean, God knows, we all know about those annoying verification codes that sprouted up to prevent botting. I swear they're presenting them in aramayic these days....

[edit on 10-2-2009 by NativeAmerican]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   

ahh yes and no.

The persistent intent of these bots could render a future Tesla from contributing to the board. Intimidation by disappointment.

Think of times you have pulled back from a rebuttal due to the fact "you couldn't be f****d" in foresight of the same response.... bots never wear out either eh?!

wZn

your right on the money.....most of the conspiracy world is designed to discredit truths.....so that people who see themselves as mainstream percieve such truths as subculture conspiracies and keep a wide berth.

if they are drawn towards it they themselves are the target of discreditaion...much like telsa himself.....smeared as a poet,a visionary sci fi writer anything but the truth that he was a genius physicist and inventor.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   

reply to post by NativeAmerican

lmao - surely we can make these bots self destruct somehow?

perhaps we can overload them with threads on Robbie Williams

cheers

wZn

ive heard they dont like anions and negativly ionizing electrical currents ;-)

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   

i know a lot of you people hate the skeptics, it must be annoying having to consider rational arguments in your delusional dream worlds however if it wasn't for the skeptics scammers like Reinharte would have conned all your money away ages ago

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Yeah well I do wonder at the obliviousness of the hook-line-and-sinker crowd defending the NIST on the inside job in NYC.Check out the thread comparing the inferno in China with the smoulder in Bdg.7,talk about yer grasping at straws...
Way beyond reason,they still keep at it,giving not one inch,even now ,seven+ years later,when the perps have left the building,so to speak.And I thought all the hand waving was just because they had not a leg to stand upon.Ya can almost hear the 'clicks and beeps' as they process and switch to try to distract and obfuscate.
This might also explain their lack of skill at spelling and grammar,outsourced programming to India?I just chalked it up to myopia and rudeness...

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Now Im not sure if there are bots who do what you say.. But I have tried my best to work with skeptics the best that I can..
skeptics & Belivers come together!

This is one of my older threads.. That I made when I first came to ATS.
When I first showed up here.. I was very skeptical.. More so than I am today right now. Yet I feel its healthy to ask questions about anything. Yet not healthy to absolutely shoot down everything that comes into your sights..

I would say that the two sides balance eachother out in a good way.. One without the other would do us no good to find the truth, we would then only have 1 veiw point! I would say Im a faithful skeptic, I do find truth to both sides! And much like the puzzle of life, we need to work together to find the truth,

Such as if a skeptic can tear apart a theory with great ease.. Prehaps that theory was not that strong to begin with..
Hence the stronger theories last longer as they are harder to tear apart.
I honestly need skeptics, to a point..
But I think you follow where I am going with that thought process..

I need human skeptics.. Not computer Bot Skeptics! That would prove to be pointless.. As a computer can not fathom human parameters. Computers only understand what you teach it.
Humans on the otherhand.. Have a 6th sense.. that can escape that logical loop processing error..

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   

So are you saying that it would be easy to 'hack' the Web-bot Project, or that it could have been pre-programmed to focus only on dire linguistics?

From what I've gathered, their method is legit, though their findings are not always as specific as one might like. Even more intriguing is the Global Consciousness Project...ever looked into that?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
We live in this wonderful thing called the world.

Its populated with many people, of all difference races, colours, creeds and beliefs.

Unsuprisingly, we don't all agree on things.

Thats why there are believers and skeptics on every subject.

And thats why, on ATS - a board to discuss the more unusual thing in life, there are believers and skeptics.

Now why would anyone need to programme a "bot" to be skeptical, when people naturally are anyway?

Or are you trying to infer that people should only believe one particular viewpoint on a subject, and therefore if they don't there must be some sinister hand at work?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join