It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'd like to know what Christians think of my lifestyle, debate NOT idiocy!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
I dont understand what you mean. That you think it is sad when someone sees themselves as part of creation. The WOW part got me, I suppose, I played WOW, and I dont see it as anything but a game. I dont understand where that fits in with life.

Think of this life as being a character in the game of WoW. When you associate yourself as being part of nature, then it is like considering yourself to be that character in that game.

You can see that WoW is just a game, and that applies to this reality as well. So when you see yourself as being just a part of nature, then it is just like if you were seeing yourself as being that character in the game. Rather than being something that is actually seperate and outside the game.

Basically, what is truly you is not part of this creation. Your soul/consciousness is not a part of it.

What makes up the true you? Your arms, legs, brain, body? All these things are possessions of the true you. So when you see yourself as being these things, then you are denying your true self.

You are the thinker, not the thought(creation/nature).

John 3:6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

So basically, you are seeing yourself as being born of the flesh, when the truth is you are born of spirit.

Ok, sorry, the WOW thing threw me, because, well i DID play it, and yes, I was an elf in the game, but that's just it, it was a game.
I suppose it's hard to explain how i feel ONE with nature. What it is, basically, simplified, I wake up, say good morning to my cats, look outside my window, see the trees, and feel like I can commune with them. Sounds crazy, doesnt it? They are a living, breathing creature. They are alive. And I can feel that, and feel a "part" of them. No, they dont TALK to me, but I can feel them. I feel them in my spirit, my soul...

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
im saying jc was killed because his religion was believed to be false and that the opposing religion was to be truer then his belief so he was killed, just like any other religion think about it...history repeats itself

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomandliberty
im saying jc was killed because his religion was believed to be false and that the opposing religion was to be truer then his belief so he was killed, just like any other religion think about it...history repeats itself

Right, and do how do you believe? Yes, everyone has fought about religion, all through the centuries..people have DIED for their religion. But how do YOU believe? If no one will judge you, what would YOU say?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Actually, Jesus was killed because he threatened the authority of the time because he spoke the truth. This is in the bible. Had nothing to do with religion, as Jesus was a "Jew" and a rabbi.

Christianity is not of Jesus. Jesus did not start Christianity. He did not start any religion, he just wanted to tell people the truth and show them how to live.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I was a born mormon and baptised in amormon church....i do not believe in it anymore because its fake if it were true then "god" would have applied the religion to everything after all he is "god" and that is not what happened there would be no point in making humans not hurt other humans when animals hurt other animals its stupid to even think that honestly, people just think in a straight line and that is what is wrong with a lot of people today. I do believe in no religion at all i believe there is a spirit world i couldnt tell you how long we stay in that spirit world or what happens after but i believe in it and i believe other things but that is because i am crazy and have had crazy thoughts that have became true

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
ok bad media where is your proof to evertything u speak of????

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
jesus died because of his belief he was spreading and they did not like it or believe it his belief was what was showing people how to live

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   

I was a born mormon and baptised in amormon church....i do not believe in it anymore because its fake if it were true then "god" would have applied the religion to everything after all he is "god" and that is not what happened there would be no point in making humans not hurt other humans when animals hurt other animals its stupid to even think that honestly, people just think in a straight line and that is what is wrong with a lot of people today. I do believe in no religion at all i believe there is a spirit world i couldnt tell you how long we stay in that spirit world or what happens after but i believe in it and i believe other things but that is because i am crazy and have had crazy thoughts that have became true

I have to say, because you were "raised" mormon, it's not something to take lightly. It is the religion of your forefathers.
To say your GOD would apply it to ALL religions is asking alot, since I have read in the Christian bible, that GOD gave man a free will. That makes alot of sense to me, even tho I dont agree with alot of the C. ways. A GOD, cant make us do things..that would make us robots. We have to choose what we KNOW is right from wrong. That's one reason I study serial killers..not because I love morbid things, but because I dont understand where their mind is!
I think you are NOT crazy, I think you are asking many questions, as I do. And I also believe that there is NO thought that is crazy. I think you just need to get those questions OUT there..dont bottle them up inside, because then you begin to isolate yourself and FEEL that no one else thinks the way you do.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
another reason i have no belief because its all mixed togeather every religion is apart of another

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   

another reason i have no belief because its all mixed togeather every religion is apart of another

Yes, I've seen it also, but again, I ask you...how do you feel? We have a consciousness inside us, that knows what is right or wrong.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Actually, Jesus was killed because he threatened the authority of the time because he spoke the truth. This is in the bible. Had nothing to do with religion, as Jesus was a "Jew" and a rabbi.

Christianity is not of Jesus. Jesus did not start Christianity. He did not start any religion, he just wanted to tell people the truth and show them how to live.

I have to say, that is one of the BEST arguments FOR Jesus. That he was of NO religion. And that he was for the truth. But tell me, what was the truth he spoke of?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
no if i expressed what i felt and what weird things i have just recently went throguh i would probably be put on the fourth floor, but i do not think i am crazy it would be how society would label me though. just like they label people having adhd and such wich is outrageous....like i said before i was bron a mormon ive always been fascinated by other religions though, then one day i was at church and i thought about how in the book of mormon it states there is only one true church in the world and i thought about that and came to an assumption that if there was one true church that it would not be a structure the every one sees it as. The word church would be seen as the one belief not a church and that belief would be all the right things and then it got confusing to me and i thought that if animals talked they would be prosecuted but there not they murder eachother and such n such so now i am where i am living life trying to make a difference the only reason to live is if you are going to make a posotive difference in the world that is my belief

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Ok, sorry, the WOW thing threw me, because, well i DID play it, and yes, I was an elf in the game, but that's just it, it was a game.
I suppose it's hard to explain how i feel ONE with nature. What it is, basically, simplified, I wake up, say good morning to my cats, look outside my window, see the trees, and feel like I can commune with them. Sounds crazy, doesnt it? They are a living, breathing creature. They are alive. And I can feel that, and feel a "part" of them. No, they dont TALK to me, but I can feel them. I feel them in my spirit, my soul...

I used the WoW example because I think it's a safe bet most everyone has played the game, or atleast knows of it. Could be any game really. Just an example of an extension of consciousness.

I don't mind what you believe, I just disagree is all. I think to consider myself part of nature is to only see myself as flesh. My flesh and body is of nature, it is of the dust of earth and so on. It's just that my flesh is not actually me, but a possession of mine.

This spirit and soul is obviously in other people and such. I don't know to what extent. But I do know if it is in other things, then those things aren't actually what they appear to be. IE: You appear to me as flesh, when you truly aren't. There is a reason the bible calls them sins against god, because when you sin in the flesh against another person, you are also sinning against the god/spirit within them.

It's not like I have no respect for nature, quite the opposite. I don't even believe in owning pets, and I think all pollution should be illegal. I think regulations on pollution are bad because they legalize pollution for certain people etc. But I realize the truth that I am not part of my environment, my environment only defines my experience.

So I think it is sad when people don't realize this truth.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   

no if i expressed what i felt and what weird things i have just recently went throguh i would probably be put on the fourth floor, but i do not think i am crazy it would be how society would label me though. just like they label people having adhd and such wich is outrageous....like i said before i was bron a mormon ive always been fascinated by other religions though, then one day i was at church and i thought about how in the book of mormon it states there is only one true church in the world and i thought about that and came to an assumption that if there was one true church that it would not be a structure the every one sees it as. The word church would be seen as the one belief not a church and that belief would be all the right things and then it got confusing to me and i thought that if animals talked they would be prosecuted but there not they murder eachother and such n such so now i am where i am living life trying to make a difference the only reason to live is if you are going to make a posotive difference in the world that is my belief

Well, if there is a 4th floor somewhere, I'd probably be there, myself. I like Picasso , smiles
What you are describing, is why I dont like organized religion. They put demands on you, that you can NOT live up to. How could you possibly live your life thinking that there is only one true church? And yes, I do agree,that a church doesnt mean a structure.
I have to say..IMO...animals do NOT murder each other. They only know what is instilled in them from birth, and that is, as I said, to eat, play, mate and raise their young. What they eat, according to their race, is all they know. Carnivores eat meat, vegans eat plant life. I'ts not murder to them. They can't go to the local grocery and stock up on pretzels and cheese..or i'm sure they would!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
how come christians believe that there is suppose to be peace but within the christian religion they have people with the worst tempers another point i want to make is that if jesus truely walked the earth there would be no true religion because religion is a division of people and he did not do that he brought people togeather if he walked the earth the way the bible says then he would not have a religion bu a way of life, a church

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   

I used the WoW example because I think it's a safe bet most everyone has played the game, or atleast knows of it. Could be any game really. Just an example of an extension of consciousness.

I don't mind what you believe, I just disagree is all. I think to consider myself part of nature is to only see myself as flesh. My flesh and body is of nature, it is of the dust of earth and so on. It's just that my flesh is not actually me, but a possession of mine.

This spirit and soul is obviously in other people and such. I don't know to what extent. But I do know if it is in other things, then those things aren't actually what they appear to be. IE: You appear to me as flesh, when you truly aren't. There is a reason the bible calls them sins against god, because when you sin in the flesh against another person, you are also sinning against the god/spirit within them.

It's not like I have no respect for nature, quite the opposite. I don't even believe in owning pets, and I think all pollution should be illegal. I think regulations on pollution are bad because they legalize pollution for certain people etc. But I realize the truth that I am not part of my environment, my environment only defines my experience.

So I think it is sad when people don't realize this truth.

I understand what you mean about comparing it to a video game.
The thing is..when i say i feel part of nature..it ISNT of the flesh..
If i was crippled in bed..and couldnt even use this body..I would still feel that way. I could go out there, with my mind, my spirit, and still be part of the trees, of nature, of the creatures. So, its NOT flesh. The flesh is weak, you will tell me?

link   
So you and Christians are both the same? You both believe a bunch of made up stuff? lol

link   

ok bad media where is your proof to evertything u speak of????

Which part?

John 3

2The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

3Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Here they call Jesus rabbi. And he talks about spirit and flesh.

If you are talking about the Pharisees conspiring against him, there is mention of it in all the gospels. Those are easy to find, like in Mark 3, Matthew 12 and so on. But there is one where they talk about him being a threat to their authority. I can't remember the verse right this second, so I'll search it up for you if you want.

Mostly, this is what they didn't like:

Matthew 7

28And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:

29For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
no dogs are domesticated from wolves wich shows that they have the power to mentally change, also every animal is its own charecter you can tell when they are happy if u make them annoyed or mad they will react just like a human does not in the same manner but its the same in a way

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   

how come christians believe that there is suppose to be peace but within the christian religion they have people with the worst tempers another point i want to make is that if jesus truely walked the earth there would be no true religion because religion is a division of people and he did not do that he brought people togeather if he walked the earth the way the bible says then he would not have a religion bu a way of life, a church

Well, I have a problem with that , too..that today's Christians dont really represent their religion too well. One reason I dont want anything to do with them. Most of them, not all of them are that way. I do remember..somewhere in the bible..if someone can verify this..that GOD said he didnt like religion? something to that effect. So, you see..its man that has made this misery..not the gods..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join