It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'd like to know what Christians think of my lifestyle, debate NOT idiocy!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
you can achieve that but not the world population, well i stand corrected by myself. There is a way to achieve that but only through blood. No one these days would ever give up a warm house without nature disturbing them, a cushioned chair and bed, and everything else at there desire. If you tried to do this half the human population would die in probably a year because people are lazy and dependant on others. If we were to live this way i bet there would be great thing being done because people would be more open minded and would be more aware of how big this world is, they wouldnt be looking at a globe all day and travel across continents in 3hours....the only way this would ever happen is if a nations bombed the world and wiped every structure off of the earth

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

I’m a little confused over why someone who states they and their children are *ridiculed* by Christians would ask more of the same (judgment) from ATS?

Whatever you’re looking for you’ve got a pretty interesting way of going about finding it.

peace

edit: forgot the peace part...

[edit on 10-2-2009 by silo13]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   

I like your topic, although it seems to be going in a million different directions right now. Let me say this:

I am Christian and I don't have a problem with you. Wicca and Paganism seem very benign from the beginning and the outside. I fear it for you because from what I have observed it has many different levels. My personal belief and observations lead me to think at one of these more advanced levels you find something malevolent.

I have observed someone get deply involved in Wicca. Then, sprites started showing up all over the place.

My thought would be to worry about you.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomandliberty
you can achieve that but not the world population, well i stand corrected by myself. There is a way to achieve that but only through blood. No one these days would ever give up a warm house without nature disturbing them, a cushioned chair and bed, and everything else at there desire. If you tried to do this half the human population would die in probably a year because people are lazy and dependant on others. If we were to live this way i bet there would be great thing being done because people would be more open minded and would be more aware of how big this world is, they wouldnt be looking at a globe all day and travel across continents in 3hours....the only way this would ever happen is if a nations bombed the world and wiped every structure off of the earth

I agree with you, and im not at fault, myself. I am used to "creature comforts" myself. I only wish and dream, and HOPE that the world will come together, somehow. I know there are MANY other fears and worries out there, than this thread. If we could only live like Star Trek..you know..there was NO monetary system there. No worries about bills, or how you will eat the next day. No one judged each other on the Enterprise. Hollywood? Maybe, but what a great concept!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

I’m a little confused over why someone who states they and their children are *ridiculed* by Christians would ask more of the same (judgment) from ATS?

Whatever you’re looking for you’ve got a pretty interesting way of going about finding it.

peace

edit: forgot the peace part...

[edit on 10-2-2009 by silo13]

Well, i suppose im not ASKING for more ridicule
I just would like to know WHY we are ridiculed, and would like opinions on that
If i were to ask more ridiculing, wouldnt that be kind of insane?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by GTORick

I like your topic, although it seems to be going in a million different directions right now. Let me say this:

I am Christian and I don't have a problem with you. Wicca and Paganism seem very benign from the beginning and the outside. I fear it for you because from what I have observed it has many different levels. My personal belief and observations lead me to think at one of these more advanced levels you find something malevolent.

I have observed someone get deply involved in Wicca. Then, sprites started showing up all over the place.

My thought would be to worry about you.

Thank you for your concern. And yes, tis quite a gathering of the mind here! Many different directions. In my youth, yes, I did deal with some dangerous things, but as I've gotten older, I've learned more, and know what NOT to call upon..lol. Sprites, as you call them, can be VERY devious creatures..I call them smart a$$es, to tell you the truth, its like having a million Denis Learys let lose around you!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
see that brings another perspective of mine...history tends to repeat itself but someone always attempts to change is so the same bad thing doesnt happen but then the outcome becomes just as bad.... what if this world was populated by humans before and they were destroying the earth, then they got into space travel and cleaned up what they messed up abd left the planet for the animals to livein peace....now we have evolved to humans again and are destroying yhe planet alains keep coming down to make us want to advance our technology into space to save the planet they once saved?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   

see that brings another perspective of mine...history tends to repeat itself but someone always attempts to change is so the same bad thing doesnt happen but then the outcome becomes just as bad.... what if this world was populated by humans before and they were destroying the earth, then they got into space travel and cleaned up what they messed up abd left the planet for the animals to livein peace....now we have evolved to humans again and are destroying yhe planet alains keep coming down to make us want to advance our technology into space to save the planet they once saved?

But, if they left the planet, how did we become US. That opens up a million other questions. I dont suppose any of us will know the real answer until we pass this life. But I, like you, have so many questions! And this one I ask here, is just the tip of the iceberg! If i could ask all my questions I have, Im sure Id be kicked out of ATS, for blabbing too much !

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Your beliefs don't bother me. As in I don't care what you believe or practice.

But I do think it's a bit sad when someone see's themselves as being a part of creation/nature. I was just talking about this in another post, so it's kind of weird that you post this.

To see yourself as part of nature, or part of creation itself is about like playing a game like WoW and then seeing yourself as being the character in game, rather than the person who is playing the game. As if you were nothing more than a function of the game itself, rather than a player. And life is the same way, so you are completely ignoring/denying your consciousness, soul and so on.

The reason people actually disagree with you, aside from those who just point fingers at those who are different, and want you to worship their false idol(most Christians), is that you are associating yourself as being flesh and of the flesh. Which is to be a child of the devil. So that is where the true problem arrives between you and others, although most Christians probably have no clue as to why and just repeat what they are told. As the majority of Christians also see themselves in the same way you do.

I grew up in the bible belt and hated it. I wasn't Christian but I grew up knowing better than to say otherwise. Persecuting people for their beliefs is just plain stupid. On the other hand, if they want nothing to do with you, then you can't blame them. That isn't persecution, it's a choice of association.

To each their own I suppose, just don't get angry at me if I disagree.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
here let me explain myslef a little better. If we humans now got up created space citys then we would all leave earth....i bet you that there would be people that would stay on earth and clean up everything including all written history in order to protect the planet. Now it begins to become populated and people begin to evolve and create things and its like a cycle, now the people inspace evolve and look like aliens and come to earth to make them advance there technology before destroying it and leave books to prevent it from happening ever again hence the bible

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
Your beliefs don't bother me. As in I don't care what you believe or practice.

But I do think it's a bit sad when someone see's themselves as being a part of creation/nature. I was just talking about this in another post, so it's kind of weird that you post this.

To see yourself as part of nature, or part of creation itself is about like playing a game like WoW and then seeing yourself as being the character in game, rather than the person who is playing the game. As if you were nothing more than a function of the game itself, rather than a player. And life is the same way, so you are completely ignoring/denying your consciousness, soul and so on.

The reason people actually disagree with you, aside from those who just point fingers at those who are different, and want you to worship their false idol(most Christians), is that you are associating yourself as being flesh and of the flesh. Which is to be a child of the devil. So that is where the true problem arrives between you and others, although most Christians probably have no clue as to why and just repeat what they are told. As the majority of Christians also see themselves in the same way you do.

I grew up in the bible belt and hated it. I wasn't Christian but I grew up knowing better than to say otherwise. Persecuting people for their beliefs is just plain stupid. On the other hand, if they want nothing to do with you, then you can't blame them. That isn't persecution, it's a choice of association.

To each their own I suppose, just don't get angry at me if I disagree.

I dont understand what you mean. That you think it is sad when someone sees themselves as part of creation. The WOW part got me, I suppose, I played WOW, and I dont see it as anything but a game. I dont understand where that fits in with life.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   

here let me explain myslef a little better. If we humans now got up created space citys then we would all leave earth....i bet you that there would be people that would stay on earth and clean up everything including all written history in order to protect the planet. Now it begins to become populated and people begin to evolve and create things and its like a cycle, now the people inspace evolve and look like aliens and come to earth to make them advance there technology before destroying it and leave books to prevent it from happening ever again hence the bible

And you could be absolutely right! Maybe thats where the bible comes from, I dont know!
All I know, is that there are many ppl being ridiculed, judged, tormented on this earth. YES, I know I am a small percentage, YES I know other "races" get it as bad, if not worse. YES, IM AWARE of that. I didnt start this thread to be BETTER or more worse off than anyone else. Only to find out how OTHERS feel, and to understand maybe WHY. WHY, are pagans still persecuted.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
better yet eath gets whiped out by ameteor and we go into space before it happens and we find another planet with humans and save them by giving them ideos about ufo's and crashing some down so they understand it and save themselves from a meteor

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Good morning Yummy.

I am a Christian and try hard to never get into a religious discussion on ATS. But I feel compelled to respond to your thread.

The reason I don't like to discuss religious beliefs here is because I find more ignorance in these discussions than any other in the forum.

The first misnomer is that all Christians are alike and think alike. NO. Not true. There are many different divisions within the Christian community.
I haven't found even one that I can be totally alignd with.

It would seem to me a true Christian would be one with the earth. I have many pagan friends and would probably be pagan if I did not believe in the Trinity.

I celebrate life around an outdoors fire often. I really feel closer to my God when I am also closest to the earth and all it's creatures.

I am 62 and if you think you don't care what people think about your beliefs not just wait....the best is yet to come. You will grow even stronger in your beliefs and more confident than you are now.

Don't misunderstand me...you seem strong and confident now.

I firmly believe we must accept and honor all people and their beliefs and not ridicule or judge anyone. There are many Christians that I do not agree with but I accept them.

One of the reasons many people don't like Christians is that we are told in our bible that we are to spread the teaching of our God. May people push this to the point of being a turn off.

One way to show your religious convictions is to live as you believe.

My best wishes go to you in your search for spirituality. We are all on a path. May yours be filled with good health, happiness and a growing spiritual understanding.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by dizziedame]

[edit on 10-2-2009 by dizziedame]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   

better yet eath gets whiped out by ameteor and we go into space before it happens and we find another planet with humans and save them by giving them ideos about ufo's and crashing some down so they understand it and save themselves from a meteor

If that happens, the meteor, it really doesnt matter about religion, does it? Otherwise, put your head between your legs and kiss your arse goodbye! Might wanna feed your cat, too..just in case

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
i will tell you why. Here it is the best way i can explain it. Jesus christ was killed because he was of the opposing religion, people in the world have always fought over religion because it is in the nature of animals to fight for wich is dominant. just like animals do for mates and do for food. if the middle east took over the world every christian in america and the rest of the world would be executed along with every other religion people hate other religions because they are ignorant, i would not know to the point of what u feel only because im am not of your belief but these are the basics

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
Good morning Yummy.

I am a Christian and try hard to never get into a religious discussion on ATS. But I feel compelled to respond to your thread.

The reason I don't like to discuss religious beliefs here is because I find more ignorance in these discussions than any other in the forum.

The first misnomer is that all Christians are alike and think alike. NO. Not true. There are many different divisions within the Christian community.
I haven't found even one that I can be totally align with.

It would seem to me a true Christian would be one with the earth. I have many pagan friends and would probably be pagan if I did not believe in the Trinity.

I celebrate life around an outdoors fire often. I really feel closer to my God when I am also closest to the earth and all it's creatures.

I am 62 and if you think you don't care what people think about your beliefs not just wait....the best is yet to come. You will grow even stronger in your beliefs and more confident than you are now.

Don't misunderstand me...you seem strong and confident now.

I firmly believe we must accept and honor all people and their beliefs and not ridicule or judge anyone. There are many Christians that I do not agree with but I accept them.

One of the reasons many people don't like Christians is that we are told in out bible that we are to spread the teaching of our God. May people push this to the point of being a turn off.

One way to show your religious convictions is to live as you believe.

My best wishes go to you in your search for spirituality. We are all on a path. May yours be filled with good health, happiness and a growing spiritual understanding.

Ty Dizzie, you are exactly the kind of Christian I get along with..lol..probably because you are solid in what you believe and dont try to change others! That is a wonderful thing.
I've had MANY friend say they could be pagan if not for this or that, including my own mother! So what keeps us seperate!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
I dont understand what you mean. That you think it is sad when someone sees themselves as part of creation. The WOW part got me, I suppose, I played WOW, and I dont see it as anything but a game. I dont understand where that fits in with life.

Think of this life as being a character in the game of WoW. When you associate yourself as being part of nature, then it is like considering yourself to be that character in that game.

You can see that WoW is just a game, and that applies to this reality as well. So when you see yourself as being just a part of nature, then it is just like if you were seeing yourself as being that character in the game. Rather than being something that is actually seperate and outside the game.

Basically, what is truly you is not part of this creation. Your soul/consciousness is not a part of it.

What makes up the true you? Your arms, legs, brain, body? All these things are possessions of the true you. So when you see yourself as being these things, then you are denying your true self.

You are the thinker, not the thought(creation/nature).

John 3:6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

So basically, you are seeing yourself as being born of the flesh, when the truth is you are born of spirit.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

i will tell you why. Here it is the best way i can explain it. Jesus christ was killed because he was of the opposing religion, people in the world have always fought over religion because it is in the nature of animals to fight for wich is dominant. just like animals do for mates and do for food. if the middle east took over the world every christian in america and the rest of the world would be executed along with every other religion people hate other religions because they are ignorant, i would not know to the point of what u feel only because im am not of your belief but these are the basics

So, you are saying JC was killed by an opposing religion because of domain reasons? What was the opposing religion? Judaism? And you are saying he was killed like lions fighting for territory? As animals?
I take it, from your sentence, we dont WANT the middle east to take over the world, or we will all be killed! OK, well i will make a note to self, "dont let the middle east take over"
I know , I'm NOT making fun, really, i DO realize how serious a threat that could be.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
no stope seing pitty in yourslef because of your belief every religion is hated by every religion it just depends on the person. You are trying to stereo type people due to there beliefs and that is incorrect, we are all animals we all do animalistic things

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join