It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Gates Unleashes Live Mosquitoes on Gathering of Tech Elite

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
SOURCE:

Now that he no longer needs to worry about running Microsoft on a day to day basis, Bill Gates has lost his mind.

After taking the stage at the TED (Technology, Entertainment, Design) conference, the former CEO of Microsoft declared, "Not only poor people should experience this," and let loose a swarm of mosquitoes on the crowd. It almost (but only almost) makes sense when you realize that the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has spent millions of dollars and immeasurable amounts of man-hours to end malaria.

The completely out of character antics quickly made their way around the Internet thanks to Twitter. The tech elite on hand, such as Dave Morin, manager of Facebook; Ev Williams, CEO of Twitter; and eBay founder Pierre Omidyar all reported the swarm as it was unfolding.Omidyar won our hearts, though, by announcing to his Twitter-reading public, "That's it, I'm not sitting up front anymore," following Gates' outburst.

We hope we haven't seen the last of this new 'Dennis the Menace'-like side of Bill. We're hoping for packs of wild dogs at the upcoming Mobile World Congress. [From: Twitter, Via: Gawker]

What the ?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by imd12c4funn

What the ?

He was trying to raise awarness of malaria, which is carried by mosquitos.

the mosquitos he releases were certified clean and had no diseases.

There wasnt anything to it other than that.

Although I heard some one in attendance made a joke saying

"Bill gates has released more bugs into the world..."

I hope that helps buddy.

peace and love

[edit on 10-2-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
That's actaully really funny. Personally, if I had a tons of money, I would joke around non-stop. I think that he should raise awareness for dolphins getting cought in tuna net by dropping a huge net over fenway park durring a game. Just an idea. And it would be hysterical.
-not

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I'd have to agree that if I had that much money, joking would be an everyday occurence when retirement rolled around. IMO though, it is a bit screwy to release a swarm on a crowd of people.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
I didnt know that guy was so funny.
That kicks ass.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
It's a solid way to create awareness... the break mark in your undies will assure that

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

join