It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very clear UFO picture.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Hi,
I took this picture at sunset. At around 6:40.
It is a pretty clear pic. You can see a dot near the left corner please zoom and see that dot and tell me what it is.

www.box.net...

So hope to get some response

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
To me it looks like a jet of some kind. It could be a UFO but its hard to say from that distance , can you give us any information about how it moved? how fast it went across the horizon or anything like that?

Its definetly a dark black object , so im thinking a military blackbird or something.. eg.

]

Thats just an opinion , if you can tell us anything else that would be good . xD

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
dunno what it is , but i just windexed my screen to clear the dust . Prolly a early bird after the worm .

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Looks fake to me. If you look closely, it appears that there is a rectangular box of uniform color forming a border around the "object" The rest of the sky is made up of a random collage of bits and pieces of different shades of gray. This box is the only area of that size in the pic that has a uniform color.

edit: image removed

[edit on 2/10/2009 by nasdack24k]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by nasdack24k

nas is right.

Fairly obvious edit there.

Should check the exif to see if there is any photoshop tag there. I can't do it on my current PC.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Apurvh

There seems to be some slight discoloration around the craft could be a cut and paste job but I dunno?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

ARRRGGHHH!
Beat me to it

I love it when sick minds think alike

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Definitely fake, not good one either ...

At least you kept the exif data, lol

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

lol. I was thinking when I was typing my reply; "I bet someone's going to beat me to it"

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by nasdack24k

Looks fake to me. If you look closely, it appears that there is a rectangular box of uniform color forming a border around the "object" The rest of the sky is made up of a random collage of bits and pieces of different shades of gray. This box is the only area of that size in the pic that has a uniform color.

No, this is wrong.
Actually, the jpeg compression "slice" the image in squares, and every square it is processed independent. That's why, greater the compression, sharper the square edges = more visible blotches. Those blotches appear too in movie compression, like mpeg, divx etc.
And, indiividual blotches carry errors in them due to compression. errorrs like pixels and colors. More details in the square, more errors. Less details, less errors. It is the way how compression works.

Look for the perfect aligned squares.

another area with heavy blotched compression:

Anyway, seeing the original, it looks that the black triangle it is sharper that the rest of the image.. it looks a little like copy/paste, or maybe it is something closer and well focused umlike the distant background with trees (slightly defocused)

[edit on 10/2/09 by depthoffield]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Looks fake to me. If you look closely, it appears that there is a rectangular box of uniform color forming a border around the "object"

Not necessarily, all it shows is that the image has been heavily compressed. Dark objects against a blue sky are particularly susceptible to compression.

Here's an image of my own to demonstrate. It's a genuine/unedited picture of a hang glider.

See the box?

Still, the image has been run through Photoshop I believe, and the "UFO" is too distant to be of any use.

*** Searching Compression Signatures ***

Signature: 0182408A81A4ABF04D4A34A8A5E98C58
Signature (Rotated): 012D821C6AB210E2A753BE053B8F55D0
File Offset: 0 bytes
Chroma subsampling: 2x2
EXIF Make/Model: OK [SONY] [DSC-W35]
EXIF Makernotes: OK
EXIF Software: NONE

Searching Compression Signatures: (3314 built-in, 0 user(*) )

EXIF.Make / Software EXIF.Model Quality Subsamp Match?
------------------------- ----------------------------------- ---------------- --------------
CAM:[SONY ] [CYBERSHOT U ] [ ] Yes
SW :[Adobe Photoshop 7.0 ] [Save As 07 ]
SW :[Apple Quicktime ] [0466-0467 ]
SW :[Digital Photo Professiona] [05 ]
SW :[IJG Library ] [075 ]
SW :[MS Paint ] [ ]
SW :[MS Visio ] [ ]
SW :[ZoomBrowser EX ] [low ]

ASSESSMENT: Uncertain if processed or original

So why not upload the original image, OP?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   

I am not sure but Nasdack24k, you my want to review the exif data on your post.
Orientation = top/left
Software = Mac OS X 10.5.5 (9F33)
Date Time = 2009-02-09 23:52:18
Artist = name removed

[Camera]
Exif Image Width = 944
Exif Image Height = 778

If this is yours, notice the edited portion.
If not, then i appologize.

On topic: This really is not a very clear shot of anything.

I will be waiting for the original though.

Peace

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by nasdack24k
reply to post by SLAYER69

lol. I was thinking when I was typing my reply; "I bet someone's going to beat me to it"

I know my photobucket account choked up for a few minutes or I would have beaten you

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeptepi

yes, The image i posted was one i uploaded, the only edit I did was to zoom in though.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Some interesting counter arguments to the photochopped allegations...

I must also add that multiple photos and sightings of UFO craft can sometimes indicate a 'aura' around the craft. It may be an offshoot of the electrogravity propulsion system.. air ionising or whatever, or some sort of emission that the camera picks up but we can't.

Interesting pic and looking forward to a full res uncompressed shot ^_^

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Very clear? If your looking at the trees... Theres no telling what that tiny thing is in the background becuase it's so far away. could be a bird, plane UFO or an RC helicopter for all we know.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
To me, the zoomed in image looks like a small plane coming towards the viewer, with the nose and left side of the craft in view.

Of course, without witness testimony of the craft's direction, speed, etc. it's difficult to say for sure. Clear picture...??? Well...not exactly...but at least you got some ground references in to assume size, altitude, etc.

top topics

join