It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We haven't stopped evolving.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowKing

Tell that to people who live in areas where corporations are dumping toxic by-products. They may still find a need to adapt physically to their environment.

Or all of us should the climate change dramatically.

Of course humans are still evolving. Physically and mentally. Evolution is a process, not a goal. There is no "end" to it until a species becomes extinct. Modern medicine may well influence our evolution as those who would normally die before reproducing survive to pass on those genes to children, thus increasing the ratio of that defect in the population.

Evolution is not really something one notices on a day to day basis. From that angle it looks like normal variation within a species. Some darker, some fairer, some taller, some shorter, some more able to fatten up, some less so. You dont really notice the effects of evolution until "some event" occurs that wipes out the maladaptive and leaves the population heavy on the genes favored by the event. (ie a virus, a climate change, meteor, etc,)

And it is far, far too early for humans to be crowing about how we have conquered nature. Lol. Our little span here on Earth is a blip. Some species dominated for millions of years before being crushed under the heel of nature. I wouldnt get too cocky just yet. It aint over til mother Nature says it is.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I agree. We are absolutely still evolving.
Some of us faster than others.
But as a species - there is definitely movement.
I suspect - if we don't annihilate ourselves first -
We will be able to use our non-speaking communication abilities at some point.
Everything will be based on then "energy" of another.
Not what they say - but how they feel.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join