It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mummies found in Pyramids

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Just finished watching some of Nassim Haramein's videos(Our true History) and I agree with most of it but when he states that no mummies have ever been found in a pyramid. Didn't sit right with me? Any thoughts on it?

Also I was wondering if anyone had some evidence that puts the theory of genetic tampering in our past by aliens to rest? Personally in the last year or so it is becoming more and more of a top runner in explaining our past.

For example what is there to say about the pyramids found near Japan where they have been underwater for 10000 years(according to coral growth). The fact that they are on a lay line is just icing on the cake.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
There has been no mummys found in the Great Pyramids of Giza...
Tho there are some statues and so forth , eg Khufu. He had red hair funnily enough.
The pyramid of Khufu was already plundered in ancient times.

Im not so sure about the genetic tampering by aliens... sorry

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
C'mon, man, get your brain in gear! Alien genetic engineering? You gotta be kidding! First, provide evidence for aliens in the present since they are a modern phenomenom. No hearsay, please. Our past is explained by history and there is nothing in history that explains any of your fantastic yarn.

What underwater "pyramids"? I've heard of underwater "structures" that have ot yet been proven one way or another and disabuse yourself from believing in ley lines, they are constructed from mind stuff! Geez!

Originally posted by DJones
Just finished watching some of Nassim Haramein's videos(Our true History) and I agree with most of it but when he states that no mummies have ever been found in a pyramid. Didn't sit right with me? Any thoughts on it?

Also I was wondering if anyone had some evidence that puts the theory of genetic tampering in our past by aliens to rest? Personally in the last year or so it is becoming more and more of a top runner in explaining our past.

For example what is there to say about the pyramids found near Japan where they have been underwater for 10000 years(according to coral growth). The fact that they are on a lay line is just icing on the cake.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
How do you explain all the historic discrepancies then?

I for one have to put a little weight behind all ancient civilizations all saying there was something from the heavens that taught them their #. The same way as how everyone has a story about a great flood. Did they all just make that up?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by avail
There has been no mummys found in the Great Pyramids of Giza...
Tho there are some statues and so forth , eg Khufu. He had red hair funnily enough.
The pyramid of Khufu was already plundered in ancient times.

Im not so sure about the genetic tampering by aliens... sorry

I'm sorry but what are you talking about? I've never read anything about Khufu having red hair.

It is weird how there have been no mummies found in the pyramids of giza though.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Apparently there is no one taking responsibility for building them either. If I had a pyramid sized tomb built for you better believe my name would be all over the walls, maybe some flashing lights

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Whoops , my bad i was actually thinking of Ramesses II , he had the red hair..
Khufu had blond hair. Anyway yeah no mummies, sadly.
We have only been around for 2000 years recorded , maybe the ancient civilizations have moved the bodies somewhere. They would of been just as curious as we are , if not more.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I'm sorry, the title of the thread just gave me a great kick. Kind of a oxymoron.

Emmmm, yeah I think we we're genetically engineered. Proof? Give me proof that we evolved from a monkey, and where was the link from where we lost our opposable thumb feet, and why don't we have the strength of chimpanzees? Why the hell did the cro-magnon man learn to make fire, but not a monkey predecessor.

There's no definitive proof of how humans came about, except for our homo-erectus cro-magnon preforms, we undoubtedly evolved from them, how we became way less hairy is another question.

Yeah, but mummies are typically found in what is it called..... the Valley of the Dead or what not? Where they mummified their kings?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
What’s really strange is the second large pyramid of the Giza plateau has no real tomb!

If it's an almost exact copy of the larger one then why not have the same type of tomb?
Or they just have not found it yet

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJones
How do you explain all the historic discrepancies then?

I for one have to put a little weight behind all ancient civilizations all saying there was something from the heavens that taught them their #. The same way as how everyone has a story about a great flood. Did they all just make that up?

These ideas make interesting reading and You Tube supports a lot of them. Digest it all and then go and check out the information for yourself. Use Google. Check if there have been burials in pyramids. Check the older pyramids from Djoser upwards. Check wikipedia on pyramids and look out for interesting links.

In terms of 'something from the heavens that taught them their s***', pick an object and Google it. Pick 'Sword', 'Spearhead' or even 'Pyramid'. If you search academic sites as well the 'weird-science' ones you'll see that most of our technology has progressed in complexity from simple ideas. The brain we have is the same brain that people thousands of years ago had. If we could somehow raise a baby from over a hundred thousand years ago, it would look and act just like us. It could do complex math and play Call of Duty 4!

I'm not saying we've never been visited because I don't know. Just because I don't know doesn't make it any more likely. Before you accept the theories of 'lost civilizations' and 'space visitors giving us technology' check the alternative explanations. They are usually supported by a wide spectrum of evidence.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

I believe its the Valley of the Kings or something like that.

While I agree that it is hard to wrap your head around being created, I think with that theory, what we know of history fits better than simple evolution. You can actually take the Old Testament literally.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by DJones]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
There've been tombs, but many of the sarcophagus's have been broken into.
Like in the valley of the tombs, the gold and treasure that were entombed with the kings (even in their burial shrouds) were more tempting than the curses and traps were discourafging.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Nassim Hashim is correct and has not been proven wrong in his claim no mummy OR dead body has ever been found in a PYRAMID on EARTH EVER.

btw the title of this thread is very misleading.

wZn

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by avail
Whoops , my bad i was actually thinking of Ramesses II , he had the red hair..
Khufu had blond hair. Anyway yeah no mummies, sadly.
We have only been around for 2000 years recorded , maybe the ancient civilizations have moved the bodies somewhere. They would of been just as curious as we are , if not more.

Where does the 2000 year figure come from? There's a good interactive site here that shows that we've been around a lot longer than 2000 years. This is a good history site that has links and images (for younger readers or those that slept through History 101). Very informative

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Ya there really should be a question mark or something, I've only watched like half of his lecture on his theory of everything, but I really like his ideas. The thing about the universe simultaneously expanding while contracting actually seems right.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
Nassim Hashim is correct and has not been proven wrong in his claim no mummy OR dead body has ever been found in a PYRAMID on EARTH EVER.

wZn

Not entirely true, a suspected Queen mummie was found here. It remains inconclusive about the lack of mummies in pyramids. Unfortunately, looters had preempted modern archaeologists by hundreds of years. It would appear that the wisdom of the Egyptians didn't include the foresight to bury their wealth in a less conspicuous manner

Various fragments and body parts have been found in Pyramids, but there's not enough evidence to conclusively take a stance either way. I favor the tomb theory however.

Mummy parts have been found in pyramids. Such discoveries include part of a mummified foot in the pyramid of Djoser; a right arm, skull fragments, and various other bones in the pyramid of Unas; an arm and shoulder in the pyramid of Teti; fragments of a mummy in the pyramid of Pepi I; mummy wrappings in the pyramid of Pepy II, and charred bones in the pyramid of Amenemhet III. In the center satellite pyramid of Menkaure, Perring and Vyse found a skeleton of a young woman in the sarcophagus within. They also found, in the main pyramid, part of a wooden coffin believed to be Menkaure's along with some mummy fragments. But never has an extant mummy been found in any pyramid, nor have any parts of a mummy been identified with certainty as those of a king.
Source

The link also offers an opposing theory that these parts were from much later burials. This counterpoint seems to add complexity. If they were later internments, where is the rest of the body or mummie? Why would they be taken? Much simpler is that the parts were of the original occupants. Sarcophagi were found and mummies were interred with valuable objects and materials.

Regarding the step Pyramids of South America. Many burials have taken place within them. A good link from Science Daily reveals that...

In the continuing excavation of the pyramid, led by Saburo Sugiyama, professor at Aichi Prefectural University in Japan and research professor at Arizona State University, and Ruben Cabrera of Mexico's National Institute of Anthropology and History, the team has found a fifth tomb, this time at the center of the fifth of the pyramid's seven stages of construction. This phase of the excavation has been supported by the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science and the National Geographic Society. ASU manages an archaeological research center at the site. The filled-in burial vault contains the remains of twelve people, all apparently sacrificed, together with a large variety of offerings and the remains of various animals of clearly symbolic importance. Ten of the human bodies were decapitated. Sugiyama, the excavation director, believes that the signs of violence and militarism in the burial are especially significant.

All very interesting, but several other members know much more about it all. I can think of two who don't visit this section. Ever

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Learhoag
"C'mon, man, get your brain in gear! Alien genetic engineering? You gotta be kidding! First, provide evidence for aliens in the present since they are a modern phenomenom. No hearsay, please. ..."

WHAT “C’mon, man”?! Get YOUR brain in gear before interfering with the thread discussion without having even 1 bit of information. It’s YOU that’s “gotta be kidding”. Ever had the outrageous idea of trying to gather some info before accusing others of not getting their “brain in gear”? Ever had the idea of doing a web search before claiming something doesn’t exist? For instance a google search for “+alien +genetics +human yields exactly 59.200 results. I’m not even going to post a link because there are so many THOUSANDS of them. That enough for your brain?

Search of 10-2-2009 @ 02:05:

[edit on 10-2-2009 by CoolBlackHole]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by CoolBlackHole

Dont worry he may not be here at ATS much longer he has been going around all night bashing threads not a very productive attitude but time will tell.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow

wZn

At least one was found in a pyramid. In the Mayan ruins of Palenque, SE Mexico, the tomb of king Pakal was found.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join