It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Hacker Requests Money From User's Friends

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Facebook Hacker Requests Money From User's Friends

www.msnbc.msn.com

One Triad woman said she shut her Facebook page down after she became the victim of an internet scam.

When it comes to social networking web sites, people tell all -- who they are, what they like to do and what's happening at that exact moment.

Carolyn Fuller said she surfs the net. But she stopped going to one of the most popular social network pages.

"My Facebook page was hijacked or hacked," Fuller said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

It's one of the newest scams to hit the internet. Hackers somehow took over Fuller's Facebook page and posed as her online.

"I had no knowledge what was going on," she said. "Apparently the person who hacked it was sending internal messages to my Facebook friends."

Laura Neelon received one of those fake messages from Fuller.

"She said, 'I really need your help,'" Neelon said. "There's a status, it said, 'Carolyn Fuller needs help urgently.'"

This is one of many which have hit the news recently.

I just got back from ShmooConV in DC and there was a talk called Epic Fail 2.0 describing a TON of things which can be done on social networks.

One example was how if Alice is a friend of Bob, and Bob is a friend of Carol, Alice can take over Carol's myspace page, effectively shutting it down and impersonating Carol.

This is happening more and more... and with the advent of facebook apps anyone can 0wn your browser.

Who would ever think that the 149 scams would jump from Nigeria to Facebook.... Only instead of impersonating a royal prince... hackers are impersonating YOU.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

new topics

join