It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How are tax cuts supposed to work if no one has a job?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu

Originally posted by sadisticwoman

I don't even understand giving tax cuts to the rich- They can only support the economy so much through spending. If you want a healthy economy, everyone should hold enough money to be able to spend. The rich aren't going to buy a new TV every day, but if everyone in America could afford a new TV, many more would be sold. I think it's both unfair and stupid to force the rich to hold up our economy with their spending.

The 'rich' pay the lion's share of taxes- something like the top 5% pay 65% of individual taxes. Why don't they deserve a break?

Because they DON'T STRUGGLE.

Says who? A guy in my dinner club makes a very good living, yet is paycheck to paycheck. He just has larger bills than someone who makes less.

Then he should have tried living within his means instead of buying houses and cars he couldn't afford. You know, just like everyone who blames the economy on us said us poor people should have done.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by sadisticwoman]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   

I don't even understand giving tax cuts to the rich- They can only support the economy so much through spending. If you want a healthy economy, everyone should hold enough money to be able to spend. The rich aren't going to buy a new TV every day, but if everyone in America could afford a new TV, many more would be sold. I think it's both unfair and stupid to force the rich to hold up our economy with their spending.

The 'rich' pay the lion's share of taxes- something like the top 5% pay 65% of individual taxes. Why don't they deserve a break?

I think punishing success is a bad idea, but I also think corporations
having more rights than humans is a bad idea.

I think if we are created equal per the founding fathers then we
should all pay equal, and on the same page corporate welfare would
come to a screaming halt and lobbyists paid more than our congress
critters greasing palms under the table would need to end.

Is it going to happen ? Hell no...they would lose to much money
on all sides.

Too many ppl with too much power and money have too much
invested in status quo.

I mean really, you have a war in the middle east and you make
it a no bid contract to the VP's former company, then they are
caught cooking the books "aka FRAUD" and they still get to keep
the no bid contract.

If I commit fraud, do I go one happily making money, I don't think so.

I do not think we will see the government repaired in our lifetime,
and the only rapid method would be rebuild and that would be
very painful due to the road that would be required to travel.

I will chose what chief joseph chose at the end, I will fight no more.

When the SHTF I am heading for the hills for a little camping and
star gazing, and distant fireworks observing.

Good Luck to you all !

[edit on 11-2-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   

No, but they can buy a car; which increases GDP by the same amount as a TV a day...

Whether you like it or not, the rich do support the entire economy to a great extent. The wealth generators and employers all come under the catchall "rich".

Free up some of their capital by tax cuts and they will diversify and extend their business, employing more and spending more.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

David9176 wrote

I agree. The tax cuts in this plan are really meaningless. It's the equivalent to 10 dollars a week for singles and 20 dollars for couples. That won't stimulate anything. I'm not calling for business tax cuts either, at least not for large corporations. Small business of course would be deserving. I work for one so of course i would agree with that.

Yeah Dave. Exactly. The wealthy push for tax cuts because they want to shirk responsibility. We all know Obama had to cut a deal in the Senate to get it passed and that included tax cuts. We all know it was a concession to compromise.

Obama is the bigger man for taking it on the chin and moving on. there are bigger fish to fry than who's right and who's wrong.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson

David9176 wrote

I agree. The tax cuts in this plan are really meaningless. It's the equivalent to 10 dollars a week for singles and 20 dollars for couples. That won't stimulate anything. I'm not calling for business tax cuts either, at least not for large corporations. Small business of course would be deserving. I work for one so of course i would agree with that.

Yeah Dave. Exactly. The wealthy push for tax cuts because they want to shirk responsibility. We all know Obama had to cut a deal in the Senate to get it passed and that included tax cuts. We all know it was a concession to compromise.

What responsibility? They already pay more than everyone else in taxes, and use far fewer public resources than lower-middle earners.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I am wondering.....

How are taxes supposed to work if no one has a job?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join