It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attack narrowly averted!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I can finally talk about this because my grandfather was speaking about it on the O'Reilly Factor tonight.

Chicago was moments away from being hit with a dirty bomb. My grandfather, David Schippers, fought the mob hard in the 60s, and has kept many contacts in the FBI. Someone told him about the dirty bomb that we all heard about getting picked up at the border of Michigan and Canada. That was the cover story.

In reality, the FBI knew there was a dirty bomb. In fact, my grandfather was given the address where it was being stored! The agent told him, however, that the FBI couldn't move on it. I don't remember exactly why, but I will ask him about it. The FBI couldn't move on it, but they wouldn't share it with anyone who could move on it. I guess they wanted all the glory to themselves if they managed to do what needed to be done. The FBI agent was concerned, because he knew that the bomb could have made 6 square blocks of Chicago unlivable for a loooong while.

Immediately my grandfather called a contact at the Atomic Energy Commission. He asked if they were trying to track down anything, and his contact told him about a dirty bomb that they believed was on it's way or in Chicago, but they weren't sure. Then the contact asked my grandfather if he had some information.

He told the contact that the bomb was, in fact, in Chicago. The contact, who knew about his contacts with the FBI, asked immediately if they knew where it was, to which my grandfather replied they (the FBI) do, and he needed to contact them. The Atomic Energy Commission already had, and got stonewalled by the feds.

Now this guy asked for an address. The FBI agent had already told him that he couldn't give the address out, but needed to get the wheels rolling at the Atomic Energy Commission, letting them know the FBI did, in fact, have information. He told the AEC guy that he knew where it was being stored, but he couldn't be specific.

We just need a 6 block radius, the AEC man told him. My grandfather, who has lived in Chicago all his life and has worked downtown for the past 55 years, named the 4 streets that would put the bomb in the center, the AEC man thanked him, and hung up.

The next day, he got a call from this guy. "We got it, Dave. You may have just saved Chicago."

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
What, nothing? I'm not blowing smoke up your moonless faces, my friends. This was on the O'Reilly Factor tonight, I didn't make it up. I provided some detail he didn't talk about on the show, only because he told much of our family about this at a family dinner we had at their house last year.

Edit: And I'm not trying to be a point whore with this second post...If I wanted to do that, I'd start a thread like "The Jews are the NWO" or something. Maybe something like TimeCube...Oh...wait...
Well, that was a long time ago...

[Edited on 4-13-2004 by junglejake]

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Did this occur recently or long ago? I didn't see the show or hear anything about this. Did they indicate who was responsible for trying something like this?

I don't even remember hearing about the cover story.

[Edited on 13-4-2004 by orionthehunter]

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
It was on the Factor tonight, April 13, 2004 (for the archives
) As to when it happened, I believe it was early last year. I heard about it in the summer (I think, might have been closer to the fall).

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I'm interested to know why the FBI couldn't act on this.
If this happened a few years back (pre-911 or shortly after), the various intel agencies weren't allowed to share information with each other. This would make sense why they wouldn't (couldn't?) share the info with a group who could move on it.

Any word on who got the bomb into Chicago?

Keep us informed, JJ. This is interesting.

-B.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
This was post-911. I remember hearing on the news all over here in the midwest about first plans to move a dirty bomb into the US from Canada, and then that they picked up the guys in Michigan, headed for Chicago. From what Dave told me, that's not what happened. I'm pretty sure it happened last year, but I'll have to ask him. Too late now, but I'll try to remember tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Wonder what bigger fish than a dirty bomb exists in regards to the FBI "not moving on it" this implies a source compromised if they did move but that source would have to have possible access to something even bigger!
Its a shame the government is not publicizing these success's so that people can realize the threat truly exists.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
They do, as I said, there were news reports. However, if they reported how close it came, that the bomb was in Chicago, in the place it was going to detonate, people wouldn't feel relieved, they'd feel scared. That was the day they could have died, but because of one person ignoring FBI policies, they didn't. This story would cause terror more then it would cause joy.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Nothing on O'reilly's 2 web sites about it. You would think something like that would get some sort of national coverage.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Well, it was on at 7:00 PM Central time. If he does put it on his website, it probably won't be tonight. He didn't know what Dave was going to say.

He actually said in the interview that he first, before talking to the AEC, tried to contact Ashcroft, got a middle man, and now Ashcroft denies ever having heard about it.

Lol I was over at his house when he came on (it was taped at 5:00PM CST) and he was laughing, saying he was sure that the FBI would be waiting outside of the building for him to arrest him or fetch him for Ashcroft. I was amused.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by J0HNSmith
Nothing on O'reilly's 2 web sites about it. You would think something like that would get some sort of national coverage.

Give it a little more time. It should be everywhere, but I guess the Bush conference trumped everything on the news tonight.

Jake! Thanks for sharing your story, great stuff.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Here's a link from a previous show:

www.foxnews.com...

I think it will be on at least foxnews.com, but maybe not right away...Is there a webcast of the O'Reilly factor? I missed the first half of the interview

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
O'Reilly should re-air at 11pm EST (in about 15 min) and at 4am EST.
I'll watch to see if we can get more info from his interview.

-B.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
that link needs it's own thread. It might go a lot deeper than that news story. Here is a link from an old thread with a picture of the terrorist financer that is talked about in the link you just posted, he is standing with George and Laura Bush.

www.tomflocco.com...

[Edited on 13-4-2004 by J0HNSmith]

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Just thinking if policy costs lives, then maybe someone needs to change the policy or make exceptions. my two cents on that

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
That's why they did, orion. Now the branches not only are allowed to communicate with eachother, they're supposed to. But when you go for 50 years with a mindset, changing it doesn't happen over night, especially with a beurocracy. It's going to take some time for the FBI, CIA, and the rest of them to start talking to eachother, but it will happen. As soon as the next generation of agents takes the ball, it will definatelly happen.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
this was in the 60's....as in pre 9/11...a time when ppl didn't give a crap about terrorists. and what about all those times al capone bombed chicago?

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by silQ
this was in the 60's....as in pre 9/11...a time when ppl didn't give a crap about terrorists. and what about all those times al capone bombed chicago?

The dirty bomb wasn't in the 60s...That link might have been, I didn't read it yet, but I just posted that to show that they would be puting the transcript from todays interview online.

And as sick as this is, I'm going to defend Capone. The guy was a piece of scum, but he always targeted his dangerous enemies with his attacks. He'd go after other mobsters, the Untouchables, feds, and cops. He wouldn't try to kill as many civilians as he could so as to inspire terror. The mass public loved him, just like they loved Clinton.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I was just talking with my sister. I told her I wsa so glad Gramps said what he did on national TV, bacause now I can finally tell people about that dirty bomb, and she gave me an empathic nod. We've both had a heck of a time keeping that secret.

Now, earlier last month, I posted a thread asking a question that never took off, because I had no information backing my claim. So I will ask it on this thread. Does the fact that I knew about this, and never said anything, make me one of the conspirators involved in convering this up?

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
First of all, thank you for sharing this with us at ATS. To be honest, i'm amazed. I'm sure you've basically interviewed him about this. And i'll let others ask the tough questions.

But what I want to know, is why the lack of publicity. I ain't heard jack-sh|t.

Oh wait, I know, it's cause the "main-stream" media is an independent branch of the government.

But really, give a big thanks to your grandfather from myself, and most likely all of A.T.S.

*goes to watch "The Lone Gunmen" tapes*

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join