It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mystery Shadow crossing over Sojourner Rover

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
"It was just too weird," said my unnamed source at NASA. "The way the shadow crossed over Sojourner indicated that Sojourner itself was under observation, almost as though another probe were photographing our mission."

LOL how convenient an unnamed source.....lioke he has to protect his identity or something lol. This is literally a classic. now delete this piece of trash, its taking up valuable sever space.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Cool!!! Although it kinda creeps me out a little. Looking up at the martian sky, incredible

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Look at that!!!! I saw that as soon as I looked at the outline. That proves to me that it's a hoax!!!!!!!!!!
Good work!!!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
dont shoot the messenger...
I could not tell the pics were photo shopped.

I dont think a picture like that would be on a nasa website so thats why I look on other websites.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
Look at that!!!! I saw that as soon as I looked at the outline. That proves to me that it's a hoax!!!!!!!!!!
Good work!!!!!

Not "proof".....just evidence.

What if the images were obviously photoshopped to make us conclude this was a hoax and dig no deeper?

And to the OP...I understand your need to post this, but a more thorough examination would have revealed what others have seen to YOU before you posted it...no worries and KEEP UP the good work.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The shadow is on the same linear arc from the ground across the top of the rover. A real shadow would show those as offset because the ground and rover are at different heights.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Horza

LMAO! agreed. I wish this were real but with it being so old and more than likely photoshopped I will look for other methods. I'm calling it a hoax..... sadly a hoax...

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Peeps.....the FIRST thing I do when confronted with images like this is to look at anything that isn't the focus of the subject at hand.

I noticed the missing wheel part before concentrating on the shadow.

As a regular photoshopper and graphic artist of around 30 years and I've done retouching with brush and paint and progressed to CGI....sometimes attributes of an image just scream out "hell no!".

I trust my eyes and my brain more than my own mother.
and I love her dearly, but like I said earlier, we don't know this image wasn't retouched to create the illusion of a hoax to the mainstream and create a diversion. In this digital age of endless manipulation it's getting harder to see the real truth ANYWHERE.

Consider what's going to happen when the whole world is "wired" into their nice flashy shiny black digital televisions eh.

ANALOGUE is KING.

Old photos come from negatives, hard to fake.

I also prefer listening to my vinyl records.

Digital = "0's" and "1's"

Analogue = "0's", "1's" and everything in between.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
nerbot, the image from which this fake was made is this one: 81203

This view taken by the Imager for Mars Pathfinder (IMP) was taken on Sol 3. Barnacle Bill, the small rock at left, and Yogi, the large rock at upper right, have been examined by Sojourner's Alpha Proton X-Ray Spectrometer (APXS) instrument and the rover's cameras. Barnacle Bill has the chemical composition of an andesitic volcanic rock, but may have been produced by sedimentation processes or meteorite impact. The lander's rear ramp which Sojourner used to descend to the Martian surface is at lower left, and a portion of deflated airbag is at lower right.

mpfwww.jpl.nasa.gov...

What's important to know is that its purpose was the one to compose a panorama of the landing site: what would be the purpose to stick there for one hour? What proves this to be a hoax is that they mention July 9 in the timestamp:
while THIS panoramic image was released on July 9, the raw image was taken on July 6: maybe they were just joking, not hoaxing, who knows, also the timestamp alignment leaves to desire...

If you take a close look at the link to the original, you will see many marks of cut and paste job, including the rear left wheel, which is not vanished nor airbrushed but simply slided to the right: look all around and you will notice plenty of such a marks. Chimed in because your observation was worthy of a reply

[edit on 10/2/2009 by internos]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

I particularly like the "lego" looking artefact right at the top, about 2 thirds across.

And the odd airbrush stroke made while the artist wasn't watching what he was doing. (centre..one 3rd down..looks like an ear ) I do that quite often myself.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
initially the shadows didn't look very convincing but did excite me...after reading the rest of the thread I'll agree that its a hoax. the original NASA photo is spot on to the images with the claimed "mystery shadow."

but wouldnt that be cool

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Well, a hoax would explain why the shadow under the little machine is even more dark underneath a Sun blocker, wouldn't it?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kukulcangod
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

The two triangles are NOT identical. Look again m8

Exactly, and ProfEmeritus bases his argument on a false premise.

In the NASA original image triangles are identical [V V] while in the ATS/OP images one is much smaller than the other [v V]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

It's obviously a Photoshop retouch. Note the shadow of the large rock to the right. If a large object overhead had blocked the sun, the rock's shadow would change shape or completely disappear. It does neither. It's probably an additional layer in Photoshop set to "multiply" or set with a percentage of transparency. That's why the rock's shadow becomes darker.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
You have to admit it would be cool if it actually happened!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MyXlog

Exactly, and ProfEmeritus bases his argument on a false premise. In the NASA original image triangles are identical [V V] while in the ATS/OP images one is much smaller than the other [v V]

No I didn't. you fail to understand that the original picture is a composite. If you look at the original, just at the right edge of the left triangle, you will see the photo seam. You need to magnify to see it. Now follow the seam up to the large shadow of yogi, and you will notice that the shadow at the seam is offset.
Now follow the photo seam down below the triangle, and you a little black dot just to the left of the seam, and one to the right of the seam. Now print this magnified picture out, and overlay the TWO TRIANGLES. You see what happens. There ARE NOT 2 TRIANGLES IN REALITY. There is only one. When they photoshopped the composite picture, they didn't realize that the seam was off, as is usually the case, when a composite picture is pieced together. In the photoshopped one, they unintentionally left the smoking gun, by trying to piece together the two pieces at that seam, but unfortunately, they stumbled by changing the size of the left portion of that seam. That is the smoking gun.
THERE IS ONLY ONE TRIANGULAR SHADOW. The 2 in the composite are the result of a piecing error.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by ProfEmeritus]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by MyXlog

Exactly, and ProfEmeritus bases his argument on a false premise....

No I didn't. you fail to understand that the original picture is a composite. . There ARE NOT 2 TRIANGLES IN REALITY...........THERE IS ONLY ONE TRIANGULAR SHADOW. The 2 in the composite are the result of a piecing error.

OK - this has been a misunderstanding on my behalf. Although I did realize both pictures were dealing with composites I thought you were saying the seam alignments were the same in both pictures thus creating the same sized triangles. My mistake - sorry

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
That's Rubbish and Fake didn't you view the video? OP
The stills got me than watched the video,like I said a rubbish Fake.

Zelong.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Well... if it is aliens I think we are ok. That's a pretty small ship. I think we can take 'em!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alienmojo

Well... if it is aliens I think we are ok. That's a pretty small ship. I think we can take 'em!

Hoping that these small shadows are not young aliens flying around I think your right Alienmojo "we can take 'em".

Zelong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join