It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mystery Shadow crossing over Sojourner Rover

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

The two triangles are NOT identical. Look again m8

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

This is just awesome, I remember the russians had this same happening in 1992 I think with theyr Phobos2 probes...

Mabe there 'are' huge space ships roaming around our solar sytem.?
They are getting ready,they are coming and they are.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

And you didn't happen to notice the fact that even in the loom of the giant shadow, the rock still cast yet another shadow?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Obviously, it's Starscream.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
If we garner nothing more from this post than a reminder to always cross-check our sources, then it's served a purpose

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
We need to find DIRECT link to these JPL images

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
It's definitely a hoax. If you look at the video in the OP, on the top left corner of the picture you can see the horizon.
The faked shadow passes over the atmosphere in the distance and darkens that too.

I don't even think the person who made it bothered to mask anything off.

On top of that, the shadow just passes over the image 'flatly'. Sort of like if someone was to hold a coin against a lamp and move it over a photograph.
You can see this when the shadow passes over the large rock near the foreground. And on the rover. And on the countless other rocks.

Looks like a beginner 3d animation project to be honest.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
You can fake ANYTHING if you know how. I have footage of a 'spirit ball' going past Dick Van Dyke's back in the episode entitled " A Man's teeth' from the Dick Van Dyke show. Is it there in the original? Hardly. Does it look convincing? Heck YES.

i10.photobucket.com...

Check it out. Tell me it doesn't look as convincing as the 'shadow'.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Part of researching a topic means attempting to debunk something you'd like to be true (as this is the case for me with this image)

As a graphical designer I can tell you how those can be faked in photoshop. Take the circle tool on a new layer and add an alpha circular fill (prolly 15% for this). Selection of fill, feather, radial blur (or 360degree drop shadow adjusting the transparencies to make it look natural). Adjust the levels on the final image and do some fine tuning and bam, realistic looking shadow.

I'm not saying it's fake, I'm saying with the above it could be faked.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Again I do not understand why these people at NASA or JPL are even put into these paid positions so that they can play around with their remote control equipment on some marble floating around in nothing. There's a whole new definition of float up there. This could very well be one of the satellites passing over. Maybe the operator will screw up and crash the thing some day. Oh wait that already happened. NASA should be shutdown and dismantled. It's an obsolete front for riding the waves of world development. Pull out the plug and cut off their power.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by WISHADOW]

[edit on 10-2-2009 by WISHADOW]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak

One look at the above photo tells me it's photoshopped.

Note the outlines on the rover's ariel and the ramp.

And the real givaway is the fact that the rover has part of one of it's wheels MISSING.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Just open the image in notepad first line has "Photoshop 3.0"

The feathering is completely different in the photo version compared to the video on the site. Not to mention the videos shadow and photos shadow dont match up.

Looking around further on that site it seems more satirical than anything. I'm going with hoax an old one at that. Site hasn't been updated since 2001....

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Hoax............... keep looking op.. that doesn't mean Ets haven't or are not on mars.... check out Dark Mission a very good read.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Horza

HAHAHAH funniest thing i've read all day! i know exactly what you mean.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by ziggyproductions05]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Probably a cloud. You know, water vapour and all that...

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
This was almost as fun as the first time I debunked it.

Old Thread

But, I didn't have to do all that work to show how it was photoshopped all over again.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The funny part is people still keep giving explainations, when the explaination has already been given. If something like that got released to the public, I think we would have all arleady heard about it.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Upon first look it obviously a fake. All objects are still casting the same shadows even though their light source is gone or minimized. And the shadow caused by this 'object' creates straight lines on objects at the edges, hence not interacting properly.

This is fake and a bad one at that

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider

On July 12, in an incident that NASA and Area 51 officials have named "The Independence Day Scenario" (after a scene in the popular movie in which a shadow crosses over the remains of the Apollo mission on the moon), a similar round shadow crossed over Sojourner.

We can get press statements from area 51 officials now?

I can't give anything more than my opinion on these pictures, sort of looks like someone took the burn tool in Photoshop to these pictures.

Awesome..we are now getting official press releases from 'Area 51 officials'!! I wonder if they have an Area 51 official website with cool pics of secret projects!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join