It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cartoons for Aliens??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I have a nephew who is 5 in April. He's a smart enough kid and I'm lucky to be living with him and his mother at the moment.

Anyway, yesterday he came up to me and asked "Uncle ******, why are we cartoons?" I was a little suprised at his question, but I thought I'd play along.

"What do you mean?" I responded.

He pointed over towards the bathroom door and said "He told me that he always watches us because we are cartoons."

"Cartoons?" I asked.

"Yeeeessssssss." He looked a little agitated at this point, like I was stupid. "He says he likes to watch us on his television."

"Who is he?" I asked, a little weirded out.

"The shadow man. He used to watch you but now he likes to be with me."

Being an ATS member (open to anything) this got me thinking, so I asked another question. "Is he nice?"

"Yes. He talks to me and we play games."

I remember seeing 'shadow people' as a kid, but I was scared of them. My nephew however seemed to be quite comfortable about it.

"What games do you play mate?"

"We see who can make apples first."

"What do you mean?" I was totally perplexed by that one.

He held out his hand and said "See? I can make them quick. You used to."

He laughed and ran away. I tried talking to him about it later on but he just wanted to watch a Dinosaur DVD.

What the heck is he talking about? Sure, some kids have imaginary friends, but the whole apple thing made me feel strange. Is he perhaps being visited? Is he a raving lunatic? Anybody else have kids or young relatives that display this sort of behaviour?

Your thoughts are appreciated.

[edit on 9-2-2009 by Unrealised]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Thanks for this thread !! I thought a while back that et's must watch us the way we watch other animal life - we can sit and look at animal shows and find them fascinating, I bet they do too. We probably do seem like cartoons. If I were an ET I'd think so. Little apes as far as they are concerned. Maybe entertaining though.

Maybe your nephew will bring it up again and you can get him to tell more.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Pilot

Thanks for the reply.

I can understand that perhaps we are being watched as a 'Documentary', that's easily do-able I'm sure.

I just thought it was weird that he said cartoon, that's all. It could be that he didn't know how to describe it, or maybe he meant what he said.

Perhaps there's an alien version of A.I Pixar and we are the show!

LOL

Yeah, I hope he brings it up again, or I may just bring it up with him tonight.

Cartoons.....strange.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
When I was a kid, about 7 or 8, I remember having a "monster" who appeared in my closet. That's what I called him. I don't know what he looked like because he always wore a mask. I distinctly remember he had the ability to change his size at will, as this was how he would appear and disappear - he would seemingly grow from a tiny point and shrink down to the same spot.

I don't think I ever told my parents about the monster because i was afraid they would think I was crazy.

I don't remember actively imagining this being, more like I just started to be visited by him from time to time.

I remember him telling me about how things would be when I got older. Mostly describing future technology to me, most of which has already come to pass.

I sometimes wonder if I just had an active imagination, or if i was actually visited by something.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
what kind of technology did he describe? Remember anything specific?
I remember people talking about camera phones, but the drawing was like a wall phone with a screen. Hmm silly.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Wireless communication was the one that i remember most. He described it to me as though everyone would have a walkie-talkie that works like a phone.

He told of a tv you can carry with you, and that you would be able to interact with the people on the screen (funny, as I'm typing this on a macbook while the webcam watches me).

also, he mentioned that people would merge with computers to become smarter and stronger.

I remember asking him why we didn't already have these things. He said not to worry, I'll see it soon enough.

He never specifically said that he was from the future or or if he could see the future or how he knew these things, or why he was telling me.

It is interesting living in this age of technological miracles and rarely being surprised by new technologies though.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Sometimes i think and wonder how it would be possible for them to watch us.
But really they could turn anything in to a bug/reciever , for example maybe flies are their network of cameras watching us with their 1000 tiny little eyes.
Insects would make ideal cameramen. Heh , but im sure invisibility would come in to play. I am not paranoid or anything but i sometimes think i see Flashes and blurs go across my field of view ;/

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Perhaps even shifing of their conscience into our realm??

Like, leaving their bodies behind, maybe relaxing on a couch while their consciousness wanders the universe in search of entertainment...

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised

Like, leaving their bodies behind, maybe relaxing on a couch while their consciousness wanders the universe in search of entertainment...

EXACTLY!!

We have that capability-maybe it's easier for them and they can form relationships with us, visiting kids. Maybe they think kids are cuter, not as scary as adult humans.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I highly would not put it past them. Maybe they can manifest into anything. If they cant physically come here because of atmospheric reasons, that seems like the best way to do things, if its possible. =)

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Yeah, I'd go places I didn't belong if I could...

This guy Rick Stack wrote a book about OBE's years ago and I went to one of his lectures. He described traveling back in time to a man who lived in the 16th century and messing with his head in a funny way, like he made a lamp appear suddenly, and it scared the guy.

Kinda juvenile, but maybe he just didn't know what else to do.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by avail
...I am not paranoid or anything but i sometimes think i see Flashes and blurs go across my field of view ;/

I can say without a doubt that i get this aswell, its not my blind spot playing up either and it happens in all sorts of places such as work etc, i always try to find some explanation for it but the simple fact of the matter for me most of the time there is no explanation.

Weird shaddows, dark spots, flashes of light especially when i look at the stars (thats probably a topic in its self), fuzzy auroras like a haze or mist which ties in with the invisibility factor especially with regards to bending/curving light around objects.

Good post, good responses

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pilot

Originally posted by Unrealised

EXACTLY!!

We have that capability-maybe it's easier for them and they can form relationships with us, visiting kids. Maybe they think kids are cuter, not as scary as adult humans.

I think it has perhaps more to do with the fact that kids are innocent, they have open minds and don't automatically dismiss things that are out of the ordinary as being delusional.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
edit - removing double post

[edit on 2/9/2009 by nasdack24k]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by phushion

Its weird isnt it.
And you just know that if they can come here , they have the ability to bend light around them selves and turn almost invisible. Hell , we can almost do it now. Just imagine what they can do. I wouldn't be surprised if they are walking amongst us , invisible to the naked eye , or so they think.
Light bending around objects still produces a blur that can be seen , and i swear i see dots and blurs from time to time. ;/

Spotting a Ufo is hard enough because of this reason but people are cluing on to the fact that infrared picks them up. What i would give for a advanced pair of I-R goggles.

top topics

join