It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stimulus Package -- Take care of # 1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Take all the money that "U.S." has bailed "itself" out with, designate the money to get "OUR JOBS" back from U.S. companies that send/outsource overseas and to the south.

THAT WILL CREATE JOBS and long-term economic growth.

Forget the all the problems and discussion of the

ELITE

MONEY CHANGERS

PUPPETEERS

NWO

CIA

FBI
YADA YADA

BRING OUR JOBS BACK

We are a consumerist society.

BRING OUR JOBS BACK

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
With the exception of most electronic products, many consumer items made in the USA can be bought. The problem is, many aren't willing to pay the extra $ domestic made products command.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
With the exception of most electronic products, many consumer items made in the USA can be bought. The problem is, many aren't willing to pay the extra $ domestic made products command.

I understand, I told long time friends in the late 70's/early 80's to "BUY AMERICAN" to keep our jobs.... they bought foreign to save a few bucks and the jobs were gone.... I understand "Many" consumer items are american made --- I am saying get OUR JOBS back, we have all lost factory jobs.... ENTIRE companies, blue collar, information positions to outsourcing/relocation of American corporations.

I paid the extra, may not have been the best, but our money did not go to a country that hates us.

Thanks for the reply.

BRING OUR JOBS BACK

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
if anyone in power really cared to bring jobs back to the US and end the recession it could easily be done by abolishing the nafta free trade bull honkey.

the key is no one in power really wants to do that because they are all whores to big business, and banks...

end of discussion...

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
if anyone in power really cared to bring jobs back to the US and end the recession it could easily be done by abolishing the nafta free trade bull honkey.

the key is no one in power really wants to do that because they are all whores to big business, and banks...

end of discussion...

I hope it NOT the end of discussion

I understand what you are saying, they (former friends) in the 70's and 80's said that I referred to in my reply from that nice vette

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
This seems to be a real decisive time for the US and the world. Here are a few news stories about what's going on economically & politically that will have a direct & solid affect on our collective future.

Obama sells stimulus plan at news conference

Stimulus will lead to 'disaster,' Republican warns

GOP senators 'caved in' on stimulus, Paul says

Israeli Election Math Favors Netanyahu

Peace off agenda in Israeli election

All this is happening now, and these important current events will decide future events, no matter the outcome.

And I agree, they should bring it back home, but right now the US is like a big fat balloon with a gaping hole in it. There's no repairing the damage that's been done.

[edit on 9/2/09 by Evasius]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Thanks for the links. I agree global impact is going to affect the U.S. but I still say to start the process ---- Every American corporation should be required to bring OUR jobs back.... .NOW.. that would stop some of the bleeding and foreclosures and losses to families.

Yes it is like a balloon with a gaping hole and Washington is just blowing hot air into it with this so called stimulus plan.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Stimulus must be just that, a catalyst to spur self generative growth in the economy. It is like starting a fire. If you just put some paper and dry tender in your fireplace but dont add any larger twigs and then logs when appropriate it will quickly burn out. That is the risk here if we cant get real long term growth generated in the economy. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic

end of discussion...

I seem to recall B. Obama saying he would do just that- as soon as he were elected- , while campaigning against H. Clinton for the nomination.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SANTA CLAWS

Originally posted by stevegmu

I understand, I told long time friends in the late 70's/early 80's to "BUY AMERICAN" to keep our jobs.... they bought foreign to save a few bucks and the jobs were gone.... I understand "Many" consumer items are american made --- I am saying get OUR JOBS back, we have all lost factory jobs.... ENTIRE companies, blue collar, information positions to outsourcing/relocation of American corporations.

I paid the extra, may not have been the best, but our money did not go to a country that hates us.

Thanks for the reply.

BRING OUR JOBS BACK

I think there is a movement to bring jobs back. China has shown they are incapable of making quality goods, and people are so fed up with speaking to someone in Call Center City in India, companies are now advertising their customer service centers are located in America.

I disagree that American products are not as good as imports. Buy a pair of Chinese dress shoes and a pair of Allen Edmonds, and tell me which one is better.

new topics

top topics

join