It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How worldwide economic collapse was averted

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I find it very interesting the date once again...9/11

Now around this time I believe Sept there was a Cyber-Hacking incident at the IMF that was blown off & later a scandel at Satyam Computer Services Ltd. that supplies/maintains IMF/WHO/World Bank software...

EXCLUSIVE: Cyber-Hackers Break Into IMF Computer System
www.foxnews.com...

Yet Another Scandal for 'India's Enron'
www.foxnews.com...

Any connection???

[edit on 2/9/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
And so I wonder do they know and if so will it ever come to light who was taking the money? If all this money was coming out of the banks within a couple of hours it doesn't sound like it was individuals from all over the country, does it? And can this happen again?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I think the Rep was really frustrated after taking those calls and being grilled and just let it fly/blurted it out...bet he got/is gonna get a grillin' if this really makes it to MSM...

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Found something:

US TREASURY WANTS TO BORROW 550 BILLION DOLLARS

The US Treasury said Monday it would seek to borrow a record 550 billion dollars in the October-December period to help stabilize the financial sector hammered by the global credit crisis. The fourth-quarter borrowing estimate was substantially higher than the 408 billion dollars announced in July, and is a record high for quarterly estimates, a Treasury official said.

wwwstayalive.blogspot.com...
The article is from November 3, 2008
Coincidence? US Treasure wanted to borrows 550 billion? That's the exact amount that was suppposedly leeched out...

Edit to add: Another link to similar articleafp.google.com...

[edit on 9-2-2009 by David9176]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

"The increase in borrowing is primarily due to higher outlays related to economic assistance programs, lower receipts, and lower net issuances of state and local government series securities," the Treasury said in a statement.

What a blatant Lie...that is way to convient...someone wanted to redeem their money or someone hacked it and they had to shut the whole dam system down...that's what it sounds like...

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

It's starting to sound like it. Something happened and we aren't being told what the real facts are. Bah, i wish i could find more info on this.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

See my post up the page about IMF hacking and notice the dates in that also...week before Nov 7th? is that what it says...it would fit with yer Nov 3rd link?

Another major international financial institution has had its computer system attacked by unknown cyber-hackers, FOX News has learned.

The discovery of the assault last week threw into crisis the Washington, D.C. based International Monetary Fund (IMF), which offers emergency financial aid to countries faced with balance-of-payments problems, and provoked a shutdown of IMF computers that lasted for several days.

In October, FOX News reported that the computer system at the World Bank had also been hacked over a period of months.

FOX News has been unable to determine what, if any, information may have been obtained by the hackers. The IMF denies any critical intrusion took place.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Another thing, why can't they find out who is responsible for this?

"We don't know?"

Damn, we are supposedly the most powerful country in the world and that's all he's got?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

See my post up the page about IMF hacking and notice the dates in that also...week before Nov 7th? is that what it says...it would fit with yer Nov 3rd link

Yes it does, sorry I somehow glanced over that post. Hmm.

How could all of this info go by unnoticed? Could this have been some kind of "financial terrorist attack" or just some regular hackers? Banks?

FOX News has been unable to determine what, if any, information may have been obtained by the hackers. The IMF denies any critical intrusion took place.

Do you believe this statement? I don't. Not critical my ass.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Well it does make sense to me from the view point of Terrorist/Shadow Gov...why try to duplicate the WTC event to inflict damage on the US Financial System...just Hack it and screw with 'em...I also wonder about other strange events last year...

Gold hit $1024 Oz in January
Secret Closed Door Meeting of Congress in March
Oil hits $147 Brl in July

Really makes me wonder: Who's holding What over Who's Head???

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Ah Ha...I'm starting to see a "Vague" pattern here...get to it Posters let's get to the bottom of this!!!

World Bank Under Cyber Siege in 'Unprecedented Crisis'
Friday, October 10, 2008

The World Bank Group's computer network — one of the largest repositories of sensitive data about the economies of every nation — has been raided repeatedly by outsiders for more than a year, FOX News has learned.

It is still not known how much information was stolen. But sources inside the bank confirm that servers in the institution's highly-restricted treasury unit were deeply penetrated with spy software last April. Invaders also had full access to the rest of the bank's network for nearly a month in June and July.

In total, at least six major intrusions — two of them using the same group of IP addresses originating from China — have been detected at the World Bank since the summer of 2007, with the most recent breach occurring just last month.

In a frantic midnight e-mail to colleagues, the bank's senior technology manager referred to the situation as an "unprecedented crisis." In fact, it may be the worst security breach ever at a global financial institution. And it has left bank officials scrambling to try to understand the nature of the year-long cyber-assault, while also trying to keep the news from leaking to the public.

www.foxnews.com...

This is all very Distressing...when these events actually took place nobody would probley put 2+2=4 together being as that time we only had 2 and no =4 (Depressional Financial Crisis)

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Hopefully more info leaks out soon.

Maybe then it will be easier to come to a conclusion.

Honestly this thread isn't getting the attention I think it deserves.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I remember when the news broke for that article. It does seem like quite a coincidence that all of these financial institutions were being hacked at the same time of the fallout of the banking crisis.

Could we be on to something here?

When this was all happening, i didn't make the correlation. There was so much going on at the time, including the elections.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

It is still not known how much information was stolen. But sources inside the bank confirm that servers in the institution's highly-restricted treasury unit were deeply penetrated with spy software last April.

OK...they're "Announcing" that by April they knew of the Spyware...how long before then was it actually collecting info? Maybe...they "Actually" knew about it in the prior month of March and passed this on to the Gov...leading to the Closed Door Meetings and increasing rumors or Armageddeon???

In total, at least six major intrusions — two of them using the same group of IP addresses originating from China — have been detected at the World Bank since the summer of 2007, with the most recent breach occurring just last month.

Being this Article is originally posted Oct 10th..."last Month" would of been Sept...the same time as all Hell broke lose!!!

The crisis comes at an awkward moment for World Bank president Robert Zoellick, who runs the world's largest and most influential anti-poverty agency, which doles out $25 billion a year, and whose board represents 185 member nations. This weekend, the bank holds its annual series of meetings in Washington — and just in advance of those sessions, Zoellick called for a radical revamping of multilateral organizations in light of the global economic meltdown.

Zoellick is positioning himself and the bank as an institution that can help chart a new path toward global financial stability. But that reputation, more than ever, depends on the bank's stable information infrastructure.

In reality, the situation is serious enough that federal investigators have been called in. "We're not talking about hackers playing games or messing up our website," insists a senior member of the bank's IT department at its Washington headquarters. "It's about the FBI coming last summer and saying, 'You should take a look at your systems because we think something weird is going on.' It's about the intruders knowing what information they wanted — and getting to it whenever they wanted to. They took our existing data stores and organized them in a way that they could be easily accessed at will."

In plainspeak: "They had access to everything," says the source. "They had the keys to every room at the bank. And we can't say whether they still do or don't until we fully and openly address what's happening here."

The data raids are not a matter of stealing inconsequential bits and bytes. The World Bank's data center is literally a treasure trove of vital financial information from around the globe. As a clearinghouse for financial data from both governments and companies, the bank's computers could provide intruders with both a financial and intelligence gold mine — from inside information on bids and contracts to the minutes of confidential board meetings.

Great...

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Now the question is...Who was it?

Someone is out there with a whole lot of our money. The september 11th thing still strikes me as odd as well.

Hopefully this can be verified somehow.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

IMF officials clamped down on their computer systems on November 7, after they discovered spyware that was quickly spreading through the institution's high-security computer system. Spyware is software that is secretly installed on a computer to intercept information or take control of the system.

The IMF's network link to the World Bank, the world's largest anti-poverty agency, was also temporarily severed, a move that IMF spokesman Bill Murray described as a "precaution."

But IMF officials strenuously deny that any lockdown of its computers took place, and insist that no important or sensitive financial information had been affected.

"There was no lockdown as far as I'm aware" says Murray. "I'm not aware of any major breaches, but enhanced security measures have been taken."

Prodded further as to the discovery of spyware, Murray responded: "As part of our ongoing [security] regime, we've had a scan of Fund personal computers and laptops and we found some workstations that did have malicious software, but absolutely no evidence that any sensitive information or systems were breached."

As FOX News reported on October 10, the World Bank itself suffered a series of cyber-attacks starting in the summer of 2007, both at headquarters and at other offices around the world. The World Bank strenuously denies that the intrusions took place, and none of the bank's 24 board members contacted by FOX News would discuss the matter. But sources told FOX News that at least one of those breaches also involved spyware, penetrating the World Bank's ultra-sensitive Treasury unit, which manages a $75 billion portfolio for itself and for several nations

The World Bank, however, did not take the dramatic step of shutting down all its computer systems to eliminate any spyware. Security experts say it is possible that the bank may have inadvertently infected the IMF — simply by sharing some wires in the IMF's sublet building. Moreover, as FOX News reported last month, hundreds of workers previously employed by an Indian contractor that is barred from Bank contracting work on security grounds still work at the institution, either as regular staffers or as employees of other contractors.

It really does smell like something is Rotten in Denmark here...one is counterdicting the other here...and here's mention of the Software co again...

Now which one...China/India/Taliban/Shadow Gov is in on this?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

It could really be anyone. Even if the hacks were traced to China or India that doesn't necessarily mean that the government there had anything to do with it.

I remember this coming out in the news about China though, it was talked about in the news for a short bit then it went away.

Maybe the government should drop it's computer system and go back to filing cabinets? Geez.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I would be very careful, believing anything Kanjorski says. He is one of the most corrupt members of Congress. First, there is this:

Then there is this:

Rep. Paul Kanjorski is the second-ranking Democratic member of the House Financial Services Committee, the number two man to Committee Chair Barney Frank. Way back in 2001, Kanjorski was the ranking Democratic member of that committee's sub-committee on Capital Markets, Insurance, and Government Sponsored Enterprises. Today he is the chair of that sub-committee. If there's anybody on the Democratic side of the aisle who should bear some responsibility for where we are today, somebody who has been in a position and had the power to do something BEFORE the crisis, it's Paul Kanjorski. Yesterday, by the way, he voted FOR the bail-out, to be expected since he was one of the Democratic negotiators for the bill. Now turn the clock back to 2001, 7 years ago, a couple of months before 9/11. Rep. Richard Baker (R-LA) was the chair of the sub-committee that Kanjorski now chairs. That sub-committee is responsible for the oversight of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Rep. Baker was holding hearings regularly to examine the risks to the entire financial system posed by those creatures of Congress. In 2003 (as I noted in my earlier post), Baker warned of the perils of mortgage-backed securities (one of those phrases we all learned too much about this week). Baker said: I have concerns that if appropriate resources aren't allocated for internal risk management, the consequences will be far more severe than just a real estate slowdown. The losses would fall quickly through the capital these companies have and down to shareholders and taxpayers. These companies have some of the lowest capital margins of any financial institution in the nation, yet, at the same time, they are two of the largest. The concern is that if something doesn't work out the way they predict, the American taxpayer could be called on to pay off the debt in some sort of bailout. Baker was saying the same things in 2001. What did Kanjorski have to say back then? In an opening statement at a hearing on July 11, 2001, he said: Our second topic concerns H.R. 1409, the Secondary Mortgage Market Enterprises Regulatory Improvement Act. This bill would dramatically restructure the current regulatory system for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. In my opinion, it also represents a solution in search of a problem. Nearly a decade ago, Congress created a rational, reasonable, and responsive system for supervising GSE activities, and that system with two regulators is operating increasingly effectively. H.R. 1409 would unfortunately interrupt this continual progress. In a parliamentary system, Kanjorski would have been forced to resign after Baker's hearings exposed the risky behavior of Franklin Raines, Jim Johnson, and others at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Of course, he did not, and his bad judgment in 2001 was rewarded with the chairmanship of that subcommittee when the Democrats took power in 2006.

source: stubbornfacts.us...

That is only the tip of the iceberg. Kanjorski has been involved in more scandals than you can shake a fist at.
I do not believe it is unreasonable to assume that this is an attempt to cover up his own complicity in at least failing to act, after finding out about the problems with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in 2001, and not doing anything about them.

Furthermore, ask yourself this question. Since ALL money market OR money market mutual withdrawals OR transfers are recorded, every single penny of the $550 billion has left an audit trail, which includes exactly WHO made the withdrawals or transfers, and WHERE the money was being transferred to, WHY has a simple investigation not determined the "who, what and where" of the transfers?

Something big is being covered up, beyond a simple "electronic run on the banks".

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Something big is being covered up, beyond a simple "electronic run on the banks".

That's the thing. He doesn't go into any detail and gives no motives as to why something like this would happen. As far as being corrupt...not surprised there...hell who isn't in Congress?

Does all of the hacking have correlation to this? Or is all of this an outright lie? One thing is for sure...we aren't being told the real truth.

I hope the MSM picks up on this...i'm guessing they won't.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Sometime last year Reinhardt posted some of the cryptic stuff about Chinese hackers. That is all I can recall at the moment. The representative on the video had an odd analogy at the end of the story. He said it was like they threw us in the middle of the Atlantic and we are trying to get to shore and not even sure if we will.

to qoute a friend: "TIBS"

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join