It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wild E. Coyote (Unitedus Statesis)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I couldn't help but think of this comparison. We are the poor coyote, who keeps thinking we are going to catch the roadrunner (solve our problems). We keep getting tricked and hurting ourselves in the process.

But this time, the roadrunner is running off the cliff and we are going to follow without looking down. Before you know it, we'll realize that we are running on air and going DOWN...DOWN...DOWN.....POOF! I wonder what is going to hurt worse...the fall or the impact when we hit bottom?

I always enjoyed the cartoon when I was a kid. It just reminds me of the situation at hand, although it may seem silly.

Wild E. Coyote (Unitedus Statesis)

You've got to admit...the whole situation seems cartoonish. It's hard to believe that what is happening right now is really happening.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
If you are comparing the people of the US to the Coyote and the government to Road Runner. Then I say that’s a pretty good analogy. The fall really sucks. But the sudden stop at the end is what gets you the most. When it’s all said and done we will be hit the hardest when the falling stops. IMO

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

Yeah, unfortunately, I think we already ran off the cliff and we are still running. We just haven't realized the bottom fell out from under us yet.

We will look back and realize that we should have stopped long ago but by then it will be too late.

Hopefully we survive the fall.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Yeah only the Coyote gets hurt. And the bad thing is the government for the most part will have their little hideaway accounts and enough money safed up it will not bother them much. All we can do is keep a clear head do what we can.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Seems like our only good defense then is to never ever look down. It is a well known scientific principle (called Wiley's Law) that as long as we don't look down we can keep running.

top topics

join