It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marc Faber "U S will default on debt or enter hyperinflation"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Loam by mid July our government will need another bail out to keep the government working.

That is going to be the trend in this nation to keep the government afloat with more and more bail outs.

We have been bailing out the banks the financial since 2007, they were called cash infusions.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Geezus. Isn't this depressing watching the country go under without being able to do anything about it?

My wife told me to stop telling her what is going on today because I was depressing her. She asked why I never had any good news to tell her. My answer? "There isn't any."

She doesn't want to know how bad it is. I think this reflects on the rest of the population as well.

I know what you mean, my wife refuses to listen... she does not want to know or worry.

"I am always so negative now" is what I get.

I think she knows a bit but is scared to go along with making preparation plans because then she will have to admit that the threat is real. I think many women are like this... they don't want to hear or know about bad things.

Blah, we have to much food and will never use it all.

Blah, why spend money on silver.. it could go down too.

Blah, I like to spend money, why cut back.. I don't want to live like that again.

Blah Blah Blah

I love her to death but she thinks I am paranoid... I asked her, remember the hype of Y2K... well what did we do, we moved to a MAJOR city in December 1999 for greed (job offer = more money).

So, if I didn't bat an eyelash at the Y2K hype why do you think I am itchy now??

I get, "your older and more paranoid".

To many people voluntarily want to put their head in the sand because the anxiety is just to much to take I guess... causes depression.

Oh well, I will prepare as much as I can.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Yeah, hyperinflation is supposed to kick in at the end of the year, early next year maximum.

So if you have debts, it won't matter...

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
reply to post by cpdaman

Okay, I want you to come back here in mid July, and say that, I believe you may be shocked at what prices have become for our daily needs, in the way of food etc.

I know every single "honest" economist is saying we are going Zimbabwe with the current track we are on! It won't wait either- it will be this year.

don't listen to shiff, he called the collapse of our economy .....but lost his clients huge $$$$$$$$$$, he was wrong on many other areas

ask the "top tier of economists" Nuriel roubini....John Mauldin, Eric Janzen, , Michael hudson, Mish shedlock, Martin Weiss if they think hyperinflation is happening in the next few years.........NOPE

some say mild inflation other say deflation is a serious threat

I would definitely come back and say i was wrong from the "tree tops" if hyperinflation happens...............a devaluation of the dollar against gold.....possible ........hyperinflation no

[edit on 9-2-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

I have found it amazing too, the amount of people who DO NOT want to see the truth of what is going on!

The majority of people, will be shocked one day when they walk into a grocery store, with empty shelves and what is on them the prices will be 5 times the amount they used to be.

It drives me NUTS! My mom is one of those people,.... I bang my head...trying to get her to look at the "facts", but she would rather, bury her head in the sand and not acknowledge what is happening!

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
here's a poem i took from a poster anonymous from naked capitalism

www.nakedcapitalism.com... good article none the less......

"Credit leads money by a country mile,
Said the ruling elite with a knowing smile,
And they set their puppets to flooding the land,
Putting easy money in everyone’s hand ...

Shop till you drop said the commander in thief,
As he instilled in the marks a false belief,
That Scamerica the beautiful could never fail,
That there was no end to the credit trail ...

And Greenspan and Ben allayed the public fears,
With their soothing calmness they greased the gears,
That made their ruling elite’s coup bubble grow,
This was after all not their first rodeo ...

They knew easy credit is just counterfeit money,
And so they opened the spigots and let it flow like honey,
As derivatives spread throughout the world’s financial halls,
They soon had the world by the credit balls ...

The ruling elite now broadened their grin,
The marks were fooled and could not see their sin,
To consolidate power and eliminate the middle class,
Eliminate population and have all kiss their ass ...

Tighten,
Relax,
Swing the ax ...

Squeeze,
And release,
Remove some fleece ...

Pump.
And dump,
Kill off a chump ...

Inflate the bubble,
Exhaust it slow,
Billions of people,
Starve with no dough ...

Bumbling idiots,
Or clever elite?
The marks never question,
The truth at their feet ...

If you want to find,
The cause of the trouble,
You have to pop,
The deception bubble ...

Deception is the strongest political force on the planet."

i recommend reading it several times

[edit on 9-2-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
If your fear is hyperinflation, and you are sitting on cash, turn that cash into the materials you will use anyway. Food, stabilized fuel, any way to store energy (wood for the fireplace). Warm clothes would not be a bad idea (unless you ask Al Gore). Find an old treadle sewing machine and some spares for it, thread and patchcloth. Some means of securing all this stuff would not be a bad idea either. Quality weapons don't lose much value.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Which Founding Father said "you cant by a wagon for of supplies with a wagon full of money" it sounds like history is repeating itself there.

I really want to see what will the US do when China, Japan and everybody else ask for there money back.

Let a normal citizen not pay something they will put your ass in collections asap ; I say let them ask for there money and if we don't pay up take Hawaii, California, Oregon and Washington or let them secede and be a new nation on their own.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I am not worried about hyperinflation, when we print ~15 trillion then I will worry. For now deflation is the risk.....

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by cpdaman
hyperinflation aint happening........at least it is a very small chance IMO and a long ways off........I believe a new monetary system would be set up before hyperinflation would occur.....perhaps U.S.A defaults on debt but no hyperinflation IMO.....plus NO Nation has ever PAID THERE DEBT BACK IN FULL

It will happen. Because of the sheer amount of wealth stored in US dollars. The other "indentured" nations..ie China, etc., would never accept a new currency, unless of course it - hyperinflation - gets bad enough world wide.

See, it is a brilliant plan,...cause a world wide hyper inflation meltdown because the worlds reserve currency is no longer backed by a nation that has sound infrastructure. Then when things get so bad that riots are happening in the streets, you institute the new system, which wont be a currency...we have gotten too smart to rely on a currency.

No it will be some sort of a credit system, you would trade in your dollars, yen,pounds, euros, for a specific amount of credits. The world bank would control the system, backed by the good names of all the G-8 nations who arte now allied for the good of all.

Also, don't go out and invest in tons of gold or silver, because they would make trade in such unlawful in order for the new credit system to have zero competition.

We are in for a bumpy ride, so hang on and keep your chin up.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

You don't quite understand. Hyperinflating will be the reason we convert to a new monetary system, and it is by design.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by MOFreemason
How long would it take for hyperinflation to kick-in? Months? Years?

The same toliet paper purchased 3 months ago, at $18.00 at Sam's cost the same today..............BUT it is HALF THE QUANITY than 3 months ago.

So, that means it actually DOUBLED IN PRICE IN 3 MONTHS!!

Many products on the shelves are "downsizing" but are keeping the same price, or increasing in cost.

I recently noticed that canned tuna is now being sold in a 5 oz can rather than a 6 oz can. Price is essentially the same, but the downsize equates to a 20% increase in cost.

Ice cream is doing the same thing. Was a 1/2 gallon, now it's 1.75 quarts.

Recently, I saw on local news that peanut butter was being stocked on shelves with a huge dimple in the bottom of the jar, not easily noticable to a buyer, but the content was 25% less than the original jar. Price was essentially the same. You get less for the same price.

This is only the start, and marketers are being sneeky about it to lessen the blow. Inflation is already here...hyperinflation is just a few steps away.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   

From other info I have read, it will be about mid summer, from my understanding, before all the printed money really kicks in.

BUT..... in saying that.

The same toliet paper purchased 3 months ago, at $18.00 at Sam's cost the same today..............BUT it is HALF THE QUANITY than 3 months ago.

So, that means it actually DOUBLED IN PRICE IN 3 MONTHS!!

Think about that one.......... I have been noticing huge jumps in prices at the grocery store!

Well let me tell you what I am here in Northern California and my family and I went to the store last night to do our weekly shopping. The place was practically bare. We couldn't believe it almost all of the food we normally buy was gone and what was there had been pulled to the front of the shelf because there was a few boxes of this or that! They always restock Monday so we go in Tuesday night as always and couldn't find half the stuff we normally buy. My hub who is a very level headed man got a really worried look on his face when I showed him how the entire shelf line down one row was "faced" and there was only a few boxes of each thing. He asked the manager if they where getting closed and he said they weren't but that they can't seem to get an answer as to where their stock is.
I am really glad I have stocked up and got our green houses up! The second one is finally ready to plant and I am going to go full bore and get that baby done right now. By the time I am done harvesting the first one the second one will be ready. So I am not to worried, just anxious for people who haven't listened to anyone about this coming down the pike.

I really don't think they are being honest about any of the financial markets anymore. As all one has to do too see the real effects of the current chaos is go to their regular store and look around town and see just how many places are going out of business or are gone over night to skip out on their bill. We aren't going to be waiting a few "months" for hyperinflation to set in it has ALREADY started. The sooner people realize this the better off many will be; because they will have gotten themselves ready to ride it out.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Geezus. Isn't this depressing watching the country go under without being able to do anything about it?

My wife told me to stop telling her what is going on today because I was depressing her. She asked why I never had any good news to tell her. My answer? "There isn't any."

She doesn't want to know how bad it is. I think this reflects on the rest of the population as well.

My husband was the same way, but in the last few months he has finally realized that pretending it isn't happening isn't stopping it. He's glad now that he has a crazy wife who started preparing for this years ago. Now we wear matching tinfoil hats.

A lot of people are afraid to face what is happening and prefer to sleep until the very last minute. Of course that won't give them any time to prepare for what comes next. Stock up on what you can; get dehydrated foods if you can afford it as it lasts a long time and being dehydrated it takes up less room so it's easier to hide. Then at least when things get really bad you and your wife can still have food to eat.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

yes, I have even noticed at Wal-mart the shelves being one product all the way across the front.... hiding, bare shelves.

Walk into Target - they aren't even trying to "hid" anymore..... just empty shelves everywhere!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Not to worry, didn't they raise the amount in bank accounts protected by the Feds to $250,000 from a $100,000? Now if hyperinflation hits you'll have about a two week supply of money to live on instead of just one.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join