It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama is a novice - and it shows

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
No one is ever prepared for the job and everyone goes through on the job training for it period.

He is performing no better or any worse than any other new president I have seen in my lifetime.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
The fact that those 2 previous opponents now work for him and very closely with him speaks volumes.

Yes those 'volumes' are that they could be bought off with high level positions in an administration that they felt so strongly against just months before. All that had to happen was wave 'vice president' and 'secretary of state' under their noses and they forgot all about how extremely inexperienced Obama is. A FACT that they firmly acknowledged just a few months ago.

Biden and Clinton got bought off. Yes .. that speaks volumes.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Basically this has been a rough start. Notice how I didn't say a bad start. What we have here is the same game that the politicians have been playing for years. We have President Obama here who what's to change the way things are done in Washington but not everybody is on the same page. Obama admitted he was wrong for something that was hardly his fault.

I love the part about the Republicans waking up and how only 1/3 of the American people support the stimulus package now. All they needed was for the Republicans to figure out their game plan and to let their people know what their stance on this issue should be.

Like the man said things are going to be difficult. Please raise your hand if you thought everybody was going to join hands and sing songs after Obama became President. *looks around* Oh yeah, nobody.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
You copied an article as your post? How pathetic.

Is this against T&C?

Shows how desperate the republicans are.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
No one is ever prepared for the job and everyone goes through on the job training for it period.

He is performing no better or any worse than any other new president I have seen in my lifetime.
Well then, let's say some are much more prepared than others. But hey! why should any of us care?

It's only our country and our way of life we're talking about. What does it matter if he runs the national debt through the roof with reckless spending proposals, destroys the health care system, leaves our country wide open for attacks by extremist, or brings on the next major depression?

Jeez! Let's give the guy a break.. He's doing his best at learning the job as he goes along.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by LLoyd45]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Listening to Republicans go on about being fiscically responsible and complaining that they have been shut out of the process (when its obvious they haven't) makes me laugh so much I run the risk of peeing myself.

They are totally deaf to their own hypocricy and think that the American people have forgotten how they behaved over the past 8 years.

We haven't. If they continue down the current path they will lose more elections next year.

No, no one expected it to be easy. And from what I observed in the election was that people were sick of ideologues (Republicans should behave like the Taliban and compromise is for wussies etc) and want government to start working for all of us as opposed to working from an inflexible and rigid ideology.

What part of that don't they understand?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
after 20days Barack is a bad president
(and during 8 years Georges and Dick were the best ) !!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's the meaning of TIME in USA ???????

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Styki
Basically this has been a rough start. Notice how I didn't say a bad start. What we have here is the same game that the politicians have been playing for years. We have President Obama here who what's to change the way things are done in Washington but not everybody is on the same page. Obama admitted he was wrong for something that was hardly his fault.
He was unaware of their lobbyist activities and their ignorance of the tax codes..How could that possibly be? Doesn't his vetting committee do background checks and report back to Obama? I guess his experience as a community organizer is showing through with all the delegating of responsibility going on.

I love the part about the Republicans waking up and how only 1/3 of the American people support the stimulus package now. All they needed was for the Republicans to figure out their game plan and to let their people know what their stance on this issue should be.
It doesn't seem to trouble Obama that 2/3's of the American people oppose his Stimulus package though does it?

Like the man said things are going to be difficult. Please raise your hand if you thought everybody was going to join hands and sing songs after Obama became President. *looks around* Oh yeah, nobody.
I thought everyone was going to hold a candlelight vigil and sing a few chorus of "Obama" like they did when he was campaigning for office.. It worked then, why not now?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Styki
We have President Obama here who what's to change the way things are done in Washington ...

Wanna show me some of that elusive 'change' ?? It certainly is hiding.

Obama moves census to White House - stealing elections? That's change?

Obama Hires Dirt Digger That's change?

Obama's NSC to get sweeping new powers Change in DC?

Obama fearmongering Change in DC?

Daschle Appointment Change in DC?

Leon Panetta appointment and all his problems. Change in DC?

Alinsky is Obama motivation - typical democrat tax and spend .. change in DC?

Obama White House is lobbyist haven - Broke campaign promises. Change in DC?

Obama picks easy press to be interviewed with - Change in DC?

Obama is a Bildeberger tool . Change in DC?

Clintonista Eric Holder - of pardongate fame and who is a senior partner at the law firm that wants to defend the GITMO terrorists that Obama is releasing .... talk about a Cheney/Halliburton moment! Change in DC?

And there are sooooooooo many more examples that are easily pulled up.

Obama is doing things the democrat way and not the republican way, but that isn't the kind of 'change' he said he's bring. He said he'd change the way washington did business. That includes the way democrats do business. Obviously that's not happening.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yeah, and I hear he uses a toothbrush to brush his teeth. That's not change!

The problem with your post is that every accusation is full of speculation, gross exaggeration or lack of understanding. Yes, he's made some mistakes (Daschle, Geithner) and he's human, so there are going to be some things he does the same as before (like use a toothbrush).

That's a big problem with this whole "change" mantra. ANYTHING he does that is new and wonderful (like the transparency, bipartisanship, accessibility, torture, Guantanamo, equal pay for women) is completely ignored by those who wish to tear him down. But anything he does that demonstrates he's a human person and a politician in Washington DC gets called out as "No Change!"

The problem with the "No Change"! mantra:

Change is a process, not an event. You're looking at events and trying to label them as "change" or "no change" and that's impossible. The change will be apparent in the results, which has not yet been realized.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I'm with BH on this one,

this crisis built up over a period of many years

it can't be fixed overnight or in 2 weeks, it will take some years...

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
i saw Pres. Obama at the Illinois town hall (meet-up) thingy...

he was all adlib, and clumsy too... he dis show the methodical, engineering mind as he constantly presented the 1,2,3's & a,b,c's
of the multi context answers..

i think his interim style is to project: charming, home-spun, subdued charisma, a cult-of-personality, being likeable

which suggests that the dark-deep-secrets that make former
Presidents grey haired , have not yet been sprung on him...Yet

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The problem I have with playing the "experience" card is this:

The last 8 years of "experience" has brought solutions and decisions laden with ignorance, arrogance, deception, corruption and serious destruction.
It seems that experience has become interchangeable with how to manipulate the masses in order for personal gain.

We sit today after many decades of a political system full of "experience:"
and we are - at war again, broke and drowning.
And clearly having been lied to and taken advantage of.

I'm sorry - I don't think experience has proven to serve us as well as we would all like to believe. Instead it is a word, used as a safety net, to convince us that those in charge will make the right decisions and we will be safe.

We are not safe. Because we are men. And we are seriously flawed.
Experience or not.

Give me system of men and women who use their frontal lobes, who believe in peace, search for integrity, who do not make themselves and their friends rich off the backs of the common people and who have had a life where self-examination has taken place. That's the experience I want.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I'm failing to see the transparency myself.. Everything seems to be done behind close doors when it comes to the Democrats. It is the American taxpayers money after all, and they should know how it is being spent before, and not after the fact.

I really miss all his hope, change, and unity rhetoric. Now we get catastrophe, recession, endless war.. Apparently, "The more things Change, the more they stay the same."

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo

The last 8 years of "experience" has brought solutions and decisions laden with ignorance, arrogance, deception, corruption and serious destruction.
It seems that experience has become interchangeable with how to manipulate the masses in order for personal gain.

Still , you say this in reference to the Bush administration. Let me ask you.. Does the Obama admin. show these features or not?

What do you call this new bail out package? A bill to expand government for the personal gain of the Democrap party.. hell even the Republicans, Obama at the helm so the fire will go to the left.

His appointments.. go ahead and read your first paragraph again.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cio88

Originally posted by spinkyboo

Still , you say this in reference to the Bush administration. Let me ask you.. Does the Obama admin. show these features or not?

What do you call this new bail out package? A bill to expand government for the personal gain of the Democrap party.. hell even the Republicans, Obama at the helm so the fire will go to the left.

His appointments.. go ahead and read your first paragraph again.

I am in agreement. I am not crazy about his appointments either.
In fact some of them are really scary in my opinion.

My point was simply that the argument as to who is good or not good at the helm does not appear to be based in if they have "experience".

That was my point.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
while i do agree with you, i don't share your "pessimism", if that is indeed what it is - realism perhaps? realism that i needed, having blown him up into the "solution" c",)

i must say i'm VERY happy with what he's done so far though, on Guantanamo, and torture especially... being from "the rest of the world" (anything that is not the US), i'm actually welcoming the US back in "the fold"... that is not at all meant in a pretentious and "looking down upon" way, i love the US and what it stands for, but in the last 8 years it lost the right to call itself a "superpower", it undoubtedly is, but the actions were not exactly something i supported... "secret jails in foreign countries", is _not_ on my list of things to do if you want to claim the moral high ground...

i too share the view he can do the job, and make the american people stand up for what they know is right. for what we all know is right.

thank you for the realism though, i needed it!

c",)

You do realize on Gitmo hes all ready backing down it will be open for at least the next year and there opening Abu Graib again in Iraq. So he will simply transfer them while the press isnt looking. His stimulus plan is nothing but pork. When asked questions on how this will stimulate the economy he goes to scare tactics saying we must pass this now. In actuality the best move the Government could make would be let the free market work it out. When a bank fails another bank will step in buy there assets for half the price and the economy will repair itself. And you will have Banks left that know how to do there business.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
The problem with your post is that every accusation is full of speculation, gross exaggeration or lack of understanding.

Uh .. No ... my post is full of FACTS. The only lack of understanding being exhibited is by those who refuse to see the truth of the situation.

Moving the census to the White House. (FRIGHTENING!!)
Hiring dirt diggers.
Sweeping new powers to NSC.
Fearmongering to get his spendulous package through.
Daschle .. Panetta .. and all their baggage.
Eric Holder - definately a cheney/halliburton -esqu situation.
Broken campaign promises.
Puff piece 'jounalist' interviews
Etc etc

Same old tired dirty politics. Obama = No change.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
[
If you add in the interest on all that new debt, just in the first year, that $800 Billion (which is close to a trillion, at least it is these days) is well over a trillion.

They are financing all this debt at below 2% a year interest. Fed is also providing much of it at zero %. I think the fed is becoming the defacto central bank that we need. Just a matter oftime before it becomes an american ownd institution. Then we can just wipe that debt off the books. I think this is the plan but it is so contrary to the current system that we need to take baby steps.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by disgustedbyhumanity]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join